OT ... too many Bassets!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubbakinns

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2010
Central Coast, Ca
I'm the foster coordinator for Golden Gate Basset Rescue here in Ca. In December we took in 61 bassets from a puppy mill that closed down. That was more than what we'd taken in during all of 2008! It brought our 2009 intake # up to nearly 150. Ever since then we've been so busy it's not even funny. In just the last week alone we've taken in an 11 1/2 yr old, a 9 yr old, a 3 yr old and her NINE puppies, a 7 yr old and a 2-3 yr old. We still have 3 others that need to come in 8-o

I can't believe it's been so darned busy and I sure hope it slows down soon, I'm running out of room to put all of these poor dogs :(

Bubbakinns

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2010
Central Coast, Ca
They are fantastic dogs! I love the older ones too, they are so sweet and grateful! I had the 11 1/2 yr old here for 3 days last week until he moved onto his foster home and he was wonderful.

Luckily I'm doing a home visit for a new foster home tomorrow. She's experienced in bassets and in fostering so I'm hoping she'll be an active part of our group. We so need the help.

thelook

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
Thats good, I hope you get some help soon.

My Mom use to work with rescued Great Danes....it was funny because she showed Yorkies....seeing those 2 different kind of dogs side by side getting along in one house was wonderful.

We have 2 dogs one is of course a yorkie all 3.5 pounds of attitude and we have a rescued westie...they travel with us wherever we go.

Bubbakinns

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2010
Central Coast, Ca
That would be a funny thing to see!

I take my 3 bassets with me wherever I go too. My vacations are always dog related, well, except for the Disneyland trip last year but that was a rough 5 days away from my babies.

Talking about the large and small of it... here's a pic of the 11 1/2 yr old 90 lb boy we took in last week standing next to the 28 lb girl we got a few weeks ago.

751.jpg

thelook

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
That would be a funny thing to see!

I take my 3 bassets with me wherever I go too. My vacations are always dog related, well, except for the Disneyland trip last year but that was a rough 5 days away from my babies.

Talking about the large and small of it... here's a pic of the 11 1/2 yr old 90 lb boy we took in last week standing next to the 28 lb girl we got a few weeks ago.

751.jpg

OMG.....Must....smoosh....and....kiss...puppy faces!!!!!

Bubbakinns

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2010
Central Coast, Ca
Oh girl...ship me one of those puppies ! LOL

LOL ... One? I'll send ya 3 :rolleyes:

We have a litter of 7 that came in Feb 11th. Mom gave birth to them 2 hours after we got her out of the shelter! They are purebred (we got dad too), the new litter of 9 are likely mixes but they're only a week old so we won't know for another 2-3 weeks on them.

Bubbakinns

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2010
Central Coast, Ca
3 is the perfect # for me! Two would be okay as well but I worry about something happening to one and then the other being left all alone. I started off with a brother/sister pair from rescue (my first bassets) and added my 3rd a year later. Rosie is my avatar, she was doped up from a dental so looks a bit out of it, lol.

Bubbakinns

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2010
Central Coast, Ca
I'd love a puppy too but I really don't have the time to train one. Give me a nice house trained 2-12 year old, LOL

I am very lucky though. Next Saturday I get to smooch on 10 twelve week old basset puppies! 7 from our first litter and 3 from a reputable breeder/show persons litter. Then I get to deliver one of the pups to his new home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread