Ordered to stop using my PV by my Doctor

Status
Not open for further replies.

thorn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
TX, USA
Wow, doctors making health determinations based on products they admit they know nothing about? Did your doctor do research on his tongue depressors to ensure they are not contaminated or just assume they are safe in his "community" jar? Perhaps there are medications/remedies that could heal you that your doctor has never heard of before but once he does, he will immediately say that it is bad for you. Maybe it is because he does not get a cutback from that company? Could you imagine if there were no doctors in existence that were open to new remedies/methods?

I would change doctors to someone who is open to new ideas, new medicine, and listens to the patient. I fired my dentist for not listening.

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.

ShannonS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2009
Las Colinas, TX
I see an assumption made all the time that because asthmatics use inhalers that inhalers are very safe for everyone. Sometimes they aren't. Some asthmatics are allergic to inhalers (often the propellants) and other options have to be found.

I am an asthmatic that cannot use albuterol inhalers at all. I wheeze worse and my mouth breaks out in sores and then I spend the next couple of weeks in misery as the entire lining of my mouth sloughs off. (gross, I know) It's a great way to lose weight if you don't mind being abjectly miserable for a few weeks.

I have never had problems vaping PG or VG so far. I'm so relieved. I haven't needed asthma treatment in months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread