Ordered first e-cig, Still Trying to take it all in and learn

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdinKent

Jun 8, 2012
Kent UK
My guess would be this could be do to changing how much nicotine your body is used to, maybe you were vaping so much you were getting more nicotine than your body is used to, causing you to sleep lighter, just a shot in the dark

Yes, you are probably right there. That, and having more oxygen in my blood and fewer toxins.. body needs less sleep (recovery time). Its the lack of toxins and increased O2 content of the blood coupled with generally higher energy, metabollism, feeling "good" etc is what I meant earlier when I said you WILL get withdrawal symptoms. I wasn't used to those feelings so when they came it was like withdrawal. But now, I love how I feel!!

HawkeyeFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2012
Clermont, FL
with my kit from SI I have the "smooth sampler pack" that has 5 tobacco flavor cartos in it. From what I am reading and knowing myself, if it does not taste like a marlb light, it will not taste right to me, and I will notice that it does not taste right with every puff, so I have a feeling that I will end up not going with a tobacco flavor as my all day vape.

That seems to be the experience of a lot of vapers on here. Why go with tobacco flavor when you have a smorgesboard of wonder to try out. But I'm starting to give up on the idea of an all day vape. Was thinking about my favorite flavors in life, and why they're my favorite. I love strawberries for example. But I generally only buy them when they're harvested fresh in the central FL region, so maybe twice a year. So my pallet is kind of used to that flavor only occasionally. Same with peaches fresh out of GA and so on down the line. There's a professional chef that now has a review site up, and when I get a chance, I want to commiserate with him on the subject of seasonal flavors on the pallet and such. But aside from that, my first flavor was supposed to match up to camel menthol, and honestly I didn't notice much of a tobacco flavor to it, but it still had the menthol which is what I needed to get started.

mattt9998

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2012
Rochester, NY
Welcome Matt, sounds like you're well on your way. I just got an Ego Twist and can't recommend it enough! For a little over $20 you can see what all the fuss about variable voltage is about.. truly, I discovered flavors I never knew I had!! It makes THAT much difference! As for juice,, I love ECBlends. They also have 5ml bottles for $2.50 and you can customize like crazy, even make your own mixes. Deejstuff is pretty fabulous too. Good luck to you, you'll find great advice here to help you along this journey.. and it IS a journey!

I will check out the ego twist right now, I just know I am going to be a long term vapor and know I will want VV, as I said I be willing to go up to $100 for the kit, but also want the best, if I were to buy a VV and a month later find out there was another model that is generally reviewed to be better I would have to buy it.

I tend to jump into a new hobby with both feet. Dont even have my e-cig yet, already placed a juice order, and now that I am thinking of it I should prolly buy some empty cortos and a 3rd battery.

HawkeyeFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2012
Clermont, FL
I will check out the ego twist right now, I just know I am going to be a long term vapor and know I will want VV, as I said I be willing to go up to $100 for the kit, but also want the best, if I were to buy a VV and a month later find out there was another model that is generally reviewed to be better I would have to buy it.

I tend to jump into a new hobby with both feet. Dont even have my e-cig yet, already placed a juice order, and now that I am thinking of it I should prolly buy some empty cortos and a 3rd battery.

Yeah, PVs can be quite the hobby. I'm trying very hard to limit myself on purchases. Keeping an eye on my break even number and my money saved number. Not a fixed income here, but still it's a tight budget most months. Health benefits were the #1 reason I switched to vaping, but doing the math on potential savings each month was my final push to make my initial purchases. Just wish I had read a little more on here before I did. My first kit, an 808D-1 just wasn't doing it for me and after 2 weeks I was buying an eGo-C. But first kit was only 40 bux, and that's less than a week's worth of cigarettes for me, so I'm not too upset. It got me started at least. :)

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
Sailorman.... thanks for the info I have not heard of the Vmax yet, I am checking it out on youtube now.

I know from a youtube vid I saw yesterday comparing lava tube to a provarti that the lava tub seemed easier to use, the methods of operating the buttons to move the voltage up and down did not seem as good, and the price is half. The provarti sure does look pretty though.

Kind of silly to compare a Lavatube to a Provari. You can buy a full kit Lavatube for $50. A full kit Provari will run you well over $200.

Other than the general build quality, there are only 2 major differences between them, and both of them have been nearly eliminated with the new version Lavatube. The first is the voltage drop as the battery drains. Fortunately, the Lavatube has a super easy way of adjusting for that. You push one button once or twice if you notice a lowering of power. No menu system to wade through. That only really is noticeable when the battery gets low, like below 3.7V. I never let mine get that low, so it doesn't bother me. With the version 1.5, that's been largely fixed and the voltage drop is not significant enough to worry about.

The other thing is the current limit. The 2.5A limit on the LT V1 cuts the voltage to kGo levels with a dual coil. I don't particularly like them anyway, do it's a non issue for me. The amp limit on the V1.5 is 3.2A compared to the 3.5 of the Provari. To exceed either of those limits, you'd have to be vaping a 1.5ohm carto at 6V. That's just stupid.

The Provari is prettier, no doubt. But the stainless LT is no slouch either. When it gets the guts of the V1.5, it'll be a formidable contender to the Provari at less than half the price. Right now, at $73, it's a bargain.

I have mixed feelings about the Vmax. I want to see how it holds up. Smoketech isn't exactly known for reliability. I'm also not nuts about their poorly calibrated electronics. The voltage you set has no relationship to the voltage delivered, and neither of them has any relationship to how the vape feels. They should just abandon the voltage pretense and call it a power level selector. It's only usefulness is in relationship to itself. Also, the price needs to stabilize at <$90, where it belongs.

For a box type mod that's pretty interesting, the Ovale V8 is one to check out. Evidently, it operates much like the Vmax, but it's $50.

mattt9998

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2012
Rochester, NY
For a box type mod that's pretty interesting, the Ovale V8 is one to check out. Evidently, it operates much like the Vmax, but it's $50.

Do you know of a repuatble site that caries the Ovale? googling I am not finding much, or have a price on it?

Edit:
Nevermind, just found it on http://www.discountvapers.com

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread