Orchid single coil build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob.Gee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2014
Montana
Hello vapin people! I just rebuilt my orchid coil and thought i would share the way i do it. I wanted to share this because when i first tried to do a single coil build on this I had some trouble finding some good pictures of it, also because I have a new camera and wanted to take some pictures. So here ya go!

this is on an orchid v4 but i dont think that matters at all

wrap your coil to the ohms and wraps that you like. Then position it above the air hole and about level or a little bit under the screws in the middle. If its too low it may leak a bit.
just coil.jpg

Thread some cotton through the coil and cut in half length wise. After that I tuck the inside strands of cotton through the positive and negative posts.
cotton tuck.jpg

Cut each end of the cotton so that they are reaching a juice well.
cotton cut.jpg

Wet the cotton and push it down so that it is sitting right on top of the juice wells. On the coil side the cotton is sitting so that it is barely in the top of the juice wells. On the side with no coil it is sitting a almost half way down the juice wells.
cotton wet.jpg

I also take a small piece of cotton and roll it into a small tight ball and stuff it in the air hole that has no coil. I leave a little bit of the cotton sticking out though so i can change it when i re do the rest of the cotton.

and then its done! put the chimney and tank on then fill it with your favorite juice!
whole mod.jpg

I build single coils on this because I like less air flow and less clouds when I'm at work.

Also hope this was help full to any one that is new to using an orchid and wanting to do a single coil build on it.

Reactions: CoreI
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread