Orange Juice DIY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orion

ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2010
Central Florida
I haven't tried Mrs. T's, so I don't know the exact flavor. But someone else was asking about citrus flavors like orange, lemon ect. and Flavor Arts was suggested.

I haven't been able to try them yet, so I'm sot sure if they're oil based or not, but hopefully someone who has can chime in. Or maybe you can try searching one of the websites that sells them to find out.

I know Happy Vapor sells them and somewhere called Liberty Flights :confused: or something like that. I would look through the DIY forum for a thread on Flavor Arts and see what you can find out about their flavors and where to buy them.

asharp22

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
USA
I've used PA Sweet Orange... adding a drop of PGA for every drop of the orange. I have had no problems with it, and it is VERY good!
Yep... adding a bit of mint or menthol is good.. personally, I added some of PA Creme de Menthe to the orange, it is wonderful!!!

I call it ~ O 'de menthe LOL

first, love the name of your orange, and it sounds very good! I want to go home and make some, but i'm not a fan of PGA, any other suggestions to mix that with?

Seabrook

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2010
Oceanside, CA
I may have to try the PA orange. The Capella and Lorann versions are just disgusting to me. They both have a perfume taste which I can not eliminate at any concentration.

Can you come back and tell me your opinion? That's what I'm looking for and orange/tangerine mix. Please and thank you.

IsaacHomer

Apr 13, 2010
New England
I have tried PA Tangerine flavor and it was very good. I then added PA French Vanilla to make my own Creamsicle flavor. Unfortunately it was one of my first DIY mixes and I foolishly thought I would remember all my percentages without writing them down.

So needless to say, I will have to experiment to try and recreate it but I believe I only used 2 - 3% of the tangerine to start and then slowly added the vanilla until it had the creaminess I wanted.

Ast_Isis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Fort Worth, TX
Also an orange/black licorice mix. Please and thank you.

I am going out of town for a week so will not be ordering the PA orange till after my return. Once I do though, I will post my results.

Lorann makes a black licorice flavor that tastes as it should. It is rather strong so I mix it at 3-5%. NOTE: I am not a fan of black licorice for vaping but a friend of mine likes it.

If I wanted to make an orange/black licorice mix I would probably start with 3% orange/3% black licorice and tweak it from there.

Orion

ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2010
Central Florida
"I call it ~ O 'de menthe LOL "

Lovely name, of course with my accent I sound like I'm saying odor mint, lol.

I'm very interested how the PA's taste, and because I think it's oil based, is it true like someone else sad you can mix the orange oil based with PGA drop for drop and it mixes?

I tried LorAnn's orange (got it in a sample package), which is oil based and it separated. Of course being in FL everclear 151 is the highest thing you can get legal.

I also believe I saw a water soluble lemon in the works on PA's, wondering if she'll expand to include other citrus flavors. I think it would be a great idea.

Seabrook

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2010
Oceanside, CA
I have tried PA Tangerine flavor and it was very good. I then added PA French Vanilla to make my own Creamsicle flavor. Unfortunately it was one of my first DIY mixes and I foolishly thought I would remember all my percentages without writing them down.

So needless to say, I will have to experiment to try and recreate it but I believe I only used 2 - 3% of the tangerine to start and then slowly added the vanilla until it had the creaminess I wanted.

I love the orange flavor, so that's what I think I would do to make an orange creamsicle vape also, just add drop by drop. I'm still waiting on my needles and syringes, though. Thanks IsaacHomer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread