Status
Not open for further replies.

dhomes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2012
Austin, TX
Hi Guys, new to VV vaping here.

A bit more than a week ago I was going to buy a ProVari and posted a request for info here. Since this is my first VV Mod I was advised to go instead for a Lavatube (I was already eyeing both).

After I decided to go for the LavaTube so I could have some extra money for more accessories / juices / cartos / etc, I was told to request an Apollo SS vtube.

I did this, but it now seems that the SS LavaTube is going to be FURTHER delayed (pas 4/15, which would make it the third delay). I honestly don't want to keep waiting forever so I am thinking on canceling my order.

Given that I spent some $200 on other vaping material I can no longer afford the ProVari at the moment.

One VV that looks solid (from pictures & review) within my current price point is the NotCigs Infinity Pro

Anyone with experience on this device? is it made of aluminum? copper?

How does it compare to the Buzz Pro?

Also, what's the big difference (I can't tell right now, and their website does not have much information) between the Buzz Pro and the Buzz Pro II ECF Approved Version?

Honestly, a bit frustrated with Apollo. Maybe they are a good vendor but this is my first experience with them and I can't say I'm too happy :(

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Ipro is anodized aluminum. I have an original infinity and a buzz pro, both are absolutely solid, excellent performers. I run through a consistent 6 - 7 ml of eliquid, at 4.5v with a 2.5 ohm carto, between battery changes.

An ipro kit, with batteries/charger and second pair of batteries, runs $120 delivered (use the"ECF Buzzkill" coupon code). Run time is about the same as buzz pro, they test out to about the same mAh). IPro batteries are protected ICR. Ipro has the same electronics as buzz pro, same durability, same excellent performance, it's slightly longer and thinner than the buzz pro due to a different battery format.

Buzz pro II is a buzz pro with some extra, large, slots cut in it, to meet ecf guidelines. The basic buzz pro has reverse battery, over current, over temperature, and low voltage protections, three symmetric vent holes near the bottom of the tube, an oversized tube that provides a gas path even with battery swelling, and a delrin-threaded endcap that would blow out in an over-pressure; the top cap is a solid metal piece that screws on to the top of the tube. Ipro has all of the safety features of buzz pro.

For someone cost conscious, and wanting an excellent performing, durable, vv, ipro is great. If you prefer shorter and wider, buzz pro. If you want something meeting ecf guidelines, buzz pro II. (personally I am very comfortable with the safety features in the basic lpro and buzz pro)

dhomes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2012
Austin, TX
hey mark, thanks a lot for the input. Yes by now I think I will go with the ipro. I'd have gone with the Buzz Pro or proVari if I had not spent the money on LOTs of ejuice and half a gazillion cartomizers after buying the SS vtube :(

So an Infinity Pro should still beat a LavaTube, right? I was confused that on the notcigs website it does not say it's a VV, but I just saw the PBusardo review on it.

djbishybish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2011
Kansas
Anything from Notcigs is top quality. I have both the BP and the IP and they're still just as solid as when I bought them (which was the day of release.)

My manager at work has a Lavatube and I've tried it. I mean, it works...but if you can afford it, I would definitely go for an IP instead. Everything about the Lavatube just feels a heck of a lot cheaper to me. Heck, a few days after he bought his, the end cap fell apart already.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Ipro performs precisely as well as buzz pro - it has the same electronics, the batteries are the same size in terms of available energy, so you get the same run time.

Either ipro or buzz pro will drive 3 ohms at up to 5.5v (max pro voltage), and will actually run a 1.5 ohm dcc at up to 4.7v. The pro series will operate over 3.3 - 5.5v, with a 15 watt limit.

The pro series have good regulators, the output voltage doesn't sag as the battery discharges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread