Only if Vaping was out 10 years ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalaniboi81

May 23, 2014
Tacoma,WA,USA
I smoked menthols for 10 years starting at the age 16. Like most smokers i know i tried multiple times to quit, but every attempt was followed by an abrupt halt as soon as i grabbed a beer, big meal or long drive. I was starting to smoke more than ever the month before i quit jumping to about a pack a day to a pack and a half if i was drinking that day. vaping wasn't new to me i had friends who did it, but they also smoked so i thought that if you still crave cigarettes then there's no way that i would work. Well how wrong i was! A buddy of mine was showing me his new vape he just picked up and said that if i promised to give it a real shot at quitting he would cover half the cost of my set up. Well that was over a month ago and i still have small cravings here and there but when i do i pick up my vape and "poof" cravings are gone. I've recently jumped into the world of rebuilding and i can honestly say vaping has changed my life! Everyone says that it's still smoking, but if they could feel how much healthier i feel they would change their tone. I'm a proud vaper and will continue to be! VAPE ON!

SharkByte

May 31, 2014
United States
I understand EXACTLY where you are coming from, only I didn't have a vaping friend to point me in the right direction. I smoked menthols for 30 years. Loved them. Tried several times to quit, longest was about 9 months. I just enjoyed it too much and something would always trigger my craving. Since I discovered vaping, for the first time, I can actually say I never want another analog. Like you, I wish this was around longer ago and I had found out about it much sooner.

I still get the LOOKS from people, but at least now I know what I'm doing is much healthier than what I was doing. Some people will never understand the difference between smoke and vapor.

jumphour

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2014
CT, USA
I smoked menthols for 31 years. I cut down from a pack a day to about 7-9 a day, which was kinda tough, but it was something. I had quit a bunch of years ago for about 6-7 months, and I was so miserable. I'm bummed I didn't know how great vaping was earlier! I posted on Facebook that I quit smoking and a friend of mine who I used to smoke a LOT with said he has been vaping for 2 years. Now that I have my Extreme Ice juice from MBV, and my fun iTaste 134 mini, I'm so happy! It's been shockingly satisfying....never would have believed it if I didn't try it. So it's been 2 weeks without a cig. I still have my pack with ONE cig in it downstairs in my jacket, and it feels great that I don't want it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread