ONE YEAR!! Thanking the Good Lord, Family, E-cig & this Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimwantstoquit

Aug 15, 2010
Florida
:toast:g
Wow... One year ago today I smoked my LAST analog! It's been a hard year & my struggle is still daily, but I take one day at a time. Between the Good Lords strength, my family's support, E-cigs & this forum I was able to do it. I smoked for 38 years, 2 1/2 packs a day...my addiction was horrible. My life revolved around them. I made appointments around them, couldn't ride a plane more than a hour flight then would panic what if something happened I had to stay on the plane longer. I passed a FREE trip to Vegas several yrs ago. I've made the dentist take a break on dental work so I could go out & smoke. I smoked all during the night. I lived w/ a kidney stone in horrible pain & almost lost my kidney because I wouldn't go to the hospital because I couldn't smoke. Then watching my mother die from smoking (we were best friends)., just to tell a few things on how my life was my analogs. In this year I had alot of health issues (I've been pretty healthy all my life)..I finally went to the lung spec.. I had a spot on my lung which they're watching but has not grown, along w/ diag of R.A & my chemistry was all messed up and diverticulitis w/ micro perferated bowel. I was able to go to the hosp w/out panicing how I was going to smoke! So, this year was a ROUGH year. My MD which I've been going to for years was shocked. He said I was the one person he thought would never quit, because my addiction was soooo bad. He said if I could do it, ANYONE can! Now let me tell you about my E-cig. It never leaves my side. Call it my security I guess. It's always in my hand or next to me. During the night I sometimes have to find it, it will end up in my bed. I told my husband I could never go back to analogs because I'd burn the house down :vapor:.... I just wanted to share my story, even if it helps one person to know you're not alone in the struggles. Addiction is a terrible thing, no matter if it's drugs, alcohol,food, gambling or smoking. I have 3 toddler grandbabies & one on the way that I care for so I have to be here for awhile :p

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm glad you have had the success that you have. I'm glad that you have taken the time to write your story about your addiction. It serves as a great reminder of how important e-cigs are for some of us. I've just ended my 20 yr addiction myself and hope to reach the 1 yr mark as you have.

kimwantstoquit

Aug 15, 2010
Florida
Thank you everyone for all your uplifting comments..Just remember you're not alone in your struggles. When something triggers a rough day or moment, I personally think of a little blonde haired boy (my son 21 yrs ago, crying that I went back to smoking)..& one year ago, that same son when I told my kids I quit grabbed me crying, hugging me... I will always remember that & it helps me hang on ;)..Good luck to all of you & we CAN do it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread