one week without a cigarette

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattmc92

Sep 6, 2016
i've smoked a pack a day of reds (16mg) for 9 and a half years.
last monday, at 9pm, i had my last cigarette, then tried my ejuice and innokin t18
for the first time and LOVED the way it felt. i was smoking, but not coughing, or wheezing.
three days later i upgraded to an eleaf istick nano 40w vw/tc, now i can't even contemplate switching back and having a cigarette.

i can breathe better.
i am not wheezing.
i can take large breaths without coughing.
i am not coughing up phlegm and tar multiple times a day (in the past, the phlegm and
tar 'balls' i would cough up made me choke on bad days)
i have already saved $175.
i have better circulation (goodbye cold fingers and toes!)

here on out lookiing forward to
improved smell
improved taste
ever better circulation
lowered risk of 100s of health complications.
ability to excercise longer.
breaking of habit forming behaviour (smoke after a meal, after a stressful situation,
first thing in morning etc)

ps: thanks to the ecf community for being welcoming, supportive, patient, and giving
me advice and your own personal experiences i wouldn't have been able to find elsewhere.

balance

ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Congratulations! In my experience, the next two weeks are the hardest. I wasn't prepared for the moment my battery died AND I HAD NO BACKUP! Cigarettes were available everywhere, but a battery for my device - not so much. Make sure you have a backup (and a backup for you backup) and you're on the way to all those great benefits you itemized.

mattmc92

Sep 6, 2016
Congratulations! In my experience, the next two weeks are the hardest. I wasn't prepared for the moment my battery died AND I HAD NO BACKUP! Cigarettes were available everywhere, but a battery for my device - not so much. Make sure you have a backup (and a backup for you backup) and you're on the way to all those great benefits you itemized.

i was worried about that, i have a t18 and eleaf i stick. i'm buying another eleaf next week so i can have one with .75 coil for mtl and one with .3 for dtl. i like lower watts and mtl in the morning and if it's been a while without vaping, otherwise dtl for flavour and decent clouds for my 40w 1100mah device.

thanks all for your continued support. <3

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
i was worried about that, i have a t18 and eleaf i stick. i'm buying another eleaf next week so i can have one with .75 coil for mtl and one with .3 for dtl. i like lower watts and mtl in the morning and if it's been a while without vaping, otherwise dtl for flavour and decent clouds for my 40w 1100mah device.

thanks all for your continued support. <3
First priority is not smoking although buying cloud toys does help. If you only vape for long enough you'll be literally immune to relapse back to smoking. That's my situation and glad to be there.

Tilted34

Sep 13, 2016
I've just recently started vaping. I have been vaping close to a month now!

I've already saved tons of money; only spending up to $15 for coils every 3 to 4 weeks rather than $5 a day or more on cigs.

Tastes better, smells better and a hell of a lot cheaper, saving $105 every 3 weeks.

I will confess. On those "drunken" nights I still occasionally smoke a cig or two, or three, or six. [emoji28]

Other than that I do not smoke. Stopping has helped me out a lot!
My lungs feel not so congested and my breathe doesn't reek in the mornings; also, I just generally feel 10x better.

Saves on the litter of cigs (studying environmental sciences) and that's great!

Congrats to you! Keep on vaping!!!!! Keep it clean and keep it green!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mattmc92

Sep 6, 2016
I've just recently started vaping. I have been vaping close to a month now!

I've already saved tons of money; only spending up to $15 for coils every 3 to 4 weeks rather than $5 a day or more on cigs.

Tastes better, smells better and a hell of a lot cheaper, saving $105 every 3 weeks.

I will confess. On those "drunken" nights I still occasionally smoke a cig or two, or three, or six. [emoji28]

Other than that I do not smoke. Stopping has helped me out a lot!
My lungs feel not so congested and my breathe doesn't reek in the mornings; also, I just generally feel 10x better.

Saves on the litter of cigs (studying environmental sciences) and that's great!

Congrats to you! Keep on vaping!!!!! Keep it clean and keep it green!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My packs in aus are $25. Im saving sooo much.
Glad you're seeing the health benefits too, as well as wallet thickness. I shouldve switched years ago !

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5

I had this problem at first and it was the reason I tried vaping to begin with (exercising the day after drinking and smoking more than normal was tough with my asthma as well). Find yourself a tobacco dominant flavor liquid for those times. At first all I vaped was Mr E Rough Neck as it was cigarette like and didn't affect the taste of my prized bourbon collection. Then I slowly transitioned to RY4 variants and didn't miss the heavier tobacco flavor at all and the caramel/vanilla actually complimented the bourbons. Now I vape bakery/sweets type recipes mostly during the day and if having a few drinks at night I switch to my ry4 variants which I have made up in 0mg batches so they affect my sleep pattern less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread