One week in

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

captainwaffles

So I'm a week into vaping (there was a hiccup with juice supply and i smoked analogs for a day) and I figured i'd do a quick redux of what I have, how I like it, and any other blather that comes to mind. Apologies if this is the wrong bit of the forum to post this.

mods
Provape-1 - Built like a tank, wonderful ergonomics. Very little dropoff before battery death. Battery life is a little shorter than I'd like, but i'm a heavy vaper. The drip well has saved me multiple times learning how to drip - my go to mod

Volcano Inferno Kit - The buttons are a little chintzy, but the new 5 press off is an improvement over the button guards. I use the passthrough one quite regularly, if i'm on the computer, just so I won' have to charge. Good backup units, no experience with other similar eGo style mods. Perfectly servicable, good backups, or if i'm going out and want something lighter, smaller than the provape

Atomizers, Tanks, and Carts

Volcano - All my parts, side from 2 packs of what I assume are 2 ohm boges from Provape, are from Volcano. I have All 3 of their atomizers, and well as their inferno tank system and their tube tanks. Still playing with the atomizers - some perform better on some flavors, haven't really seen much of a differance between then. The tube tank is good, just got it today. The inferno tank system wicks poorly, hits poorly, kills flavor, and is otherwise my least favorite option.

Boge - Quite happy with how it hits, seems to require an inordinant amount of topping off. Ordered some reseurecters from CCV, hoping that'll help. Right now I only use them if i intend to be on the road - otherwise i'm tanking or dripping, and may switch to tanking on the go.

All in all, all but the inferno tank system are superior experiences to smoking.

Juice
Provape - seems to have inferior vapor production to the Volcano, bottles very hard to drop out of (5ml bottles)
Fruit Punch- Ok, fairly nondescript. Good mixed with raspberry.
Raspberry - Probably my favorite from Provape. Good raspberry Flavor
Apple - Tastes like hookah tobacco single apple - I'd really like to find a double apple, my preferred hookah flavor
Tobacco Bold - I don't think I like tobacco juices,
Menthol - Tastes like a Newport, from what I remember (wasn't my brand, but I bummed plenty)
Volcano
Cherry Lava - A bit medicinal at first, but it grew on my over a week. May order some more to cut the vanilla with
Waterblue punch - Frikking Yum, man. My favorite, along with raspberry. Rich flavor. Nom nom nom
Vanilla Bean - Disappointing. Tastes more like custard than vanilla. Hopefully, if i can cut it with raspberry or order more cherry, it'll be a bit more lively. Won't order again.

All of these are heavy PG pg/vg mixes. Getting dry throat hits, considering trying a more VG based juice to see if that helps.

:cheers: happy vaping. I'll update this or post again as more bits and bobs arrive.

jdrewry

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2011
New Jersey
Hey, captainwaffles, and welcome to the forums. Congrats on the 1 week being analog-smoke free! Seems like you got the hardware straight, which seems to be the toughest thing for new vapers to do. Now, the fun begins--exploring all those suppliers and all those different eliquids! Sorry to hear that your first batch of eliquids left you a tad disappointed, but fear not--there are plenty of pretty good suppliers, many of which will be recommended by the forum vets.

Keep us posted, and good luck!

dearme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2011
Colorado
You are off to a great start, captain. Happy Vaping.

Don't be too discouraged about the cherry and vanilla juices. Those are two of the hardest flavors to find ones you like. Sometimes there is a world of difference between the flavors from vendor to vendor even though they may have the same name. You could check the Flavor Reviews. I've frequently seen members asking about cherry and vanilla flavors.
Flavor Reviews

Or you could just do an ECF search in the upper right of the page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread