One general problem I see in many letters being written!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

palermo45

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2009
www.nicapure.com
I have seen many people writing letters to congressmen, senators, etc,,, In many of the letters, there are personal stories of how people have been able to quit smoking analogs and switch over to e-cigs. In my opinion this makes it sound like the masses are using this product as a smoking cessation device and have had amazing results in doing so. I think the arguement has to be more of the right for us to choose what type of nicotine product (tobacco based) we as consumers choose to use vs trying to explain how much it helps so many kick the habit. Even though it is very effective in that manner, that is the arguement of the FDA as they state that this product has not been approved as a cessation device. It is all political crap but I think we would get much further fighting for our right to choose what we inhale vs trying to explain what an effective product it is.

They do not care about the health of millions!! They only care about the tax revenue they are losing and how much more money they will continue to lose. The almighty buck trumps human lives which is so unfortunate but true! I think if they just taxed our e-cigs and let us vape in peace, everyone would be happy. If they do not, then people will still find a way to vape as it is already so easy to mix your own liquid and such.

Anyways it is just an observation and my 2 cents,,,

Keep up the fight!

pal
I buy your point and so does the FDA who wants to call this what is isn't tested to be, and we refuse to test it via FDA.
It is not a cessation tool by choice and the desire to keep FDA out of our lives. We don't want their intervention.

Agree many sell these with the express point of these getting persons off of cigs, and where that is legit, it must be realized the FDA eats that talk up.

Agree, Civil Rights are our desire/fight.

Hogie

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2010
Coventry, NY
Well, the info is out there. These have been around for a while now. Try to find a case of someone dying from their use. Or even having to go to the emergency room. A lot of it is common sense too. I mean, tobacco has over 4000 chemicals with many being known toxins. Ecigs have these in similar levels to the patch or gum (VERY low).

But, I guess when money talks, all logic is lost.

These proposed bans are causing a lot of us to speak out and we are in numbers to be recognized. I hope we do make a difference.

Traver

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
WV
Traver.
Just don't make that the main point by any means.
I'm not sure what you mean. I try to taylor my response to the article I am commenting on and who it's audience is likely to be. If it's a scientific study then the audience is looking for facts. If it's a news article for the general public the I will post something more personal.

BigMikeInNY

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2011
New York
I live in UPSTATE NY, hopefully they don't pass the bill. I do agree with the op maybe we should present the ecig as a smoking alternative. Just a thought

You mean we shouldn't present it as a smoking alternative right? If we present it as a smoking alternative they will think ohhhh they want it to substitute smoking instead of helping people quit smoking..... we have the by the gonads now

Point being is the FDA wants control under the auspices of "cessation product", so they can control content, and demand testing.
If we present it as strictly that, it's like giving them ammo against the industry. Careful in how you phrase a letter or comment.

Best is to present it as safe alternative and to stop stepping on personal rights.

PoliticallyIncorrect

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2010
SoCal
I'm not sure I agree. It's problematic, of course, for manufacturers and suppliers to make any mention, let alone claims that their products can help people quit; any regulatory measures would be levied against them, not users, and such statements would be directly actionable.

For private individuals acting on their own behalf, I don't see testimony to the effectiveness of e-cigarettes to be any more damaging than if they'd written to claim they'd weaned themselves off cigarettes by chewing pencil erasers.

Traver

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
WV
Point being is the FDA wants control under the auspices of "cessation product", so they can control content, and demand testing.
If we present it as strictly that, it's like giving them ammo against the industry. Careful in how you phrase a letter or comment.

Best is to present it as safe alternative and to stop stepping on personal rights.

If we don't present it as a smoking cessation product what do we present as? A hobby.

I don't agree with that. I think we need to educate people and convince the public that it is a safe alternative to smoking. I don't see any other way of changing what the FDA intends to do.

I also think we are winning that battle. Take a look at this article and compare it with what we were seeing just a few moths ago.
What Are E-Cigarettes (Electronic Cigarettes)?
The majority of the new articles I see are more favorable to us. Even those that aren't are presenting both sides. You can also comment.

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
Writing letters to congressmen, senators, etc is a good thing IF you impress on them that
you VOTE, your friends and family that think it's great you quit smoking also VOTE.
You vote for the ban, and we're all going to vote, contribute, volunteer to see you never
hold public office again.

They only care if they're going to win the next election, money, health, people don't matter.

Thats right....Hit em in the wallet and vote count, and make a point of informing them you and others around you, and organizations you signed up with (please join a few) will be making every effort to get the word out on his/her stance, and to get them ousted.

I'm near ready to go after Mr Link of Illinois, State Senate. I won't be docile about it. He proposed the e-cig ban in Illinois last year and is slated to do it again.
Get to them BEFORE, the damage is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread