On the fence

Status
Not open for further replies.

xyanide

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
The Netherlands
The local varieties are pretty self explanatory, they aren't very well made. Like a gas station sandwich. It's eatable, but why would you want to eat that crap if you didn't have another choice available at the moment.

Anything from Halo is a quality product. I ordered three 'tobacco' flavors from Halo, which are very good quality. Of course, they are not real tobacco flavors. They have a vanilla and a nutty flavor, which is perfectly ok, but I got so bored with them after a day. Everybody loves cake and cookies, but eating them all day will make you sick of cake and cookies.

It's ironic I never get sick of cigarettes. They are consistently rewarding to me. I know that cigarettes are bad for me. I know they are expensive as hell (my main purpose for wanting to quit). I just can't put them down. I can't hide them from myself otherwise I'd tear the house apart. I suppose I like the smoking part itself, as well as the calm and ease it brings. I feel pretty relaxed while the world is blowing up around me. When I'm not smoking and trying to quit I am completely obsessed with the thought of smoking. I'm a monster.

No worries Daisy, this is a forum where several pages of text in a single post are fine unless your username is GoodNews.

First off I think you need some extreme complexity in your juices. Here's a vendor I'd really like you to try: The Cellar
If you enjoy Halo I'm pretty sure you'd like Vaperite's stuff as well. Their nut-based liquids are exceptional for their price in my opinion.
You'd be surprised at how good a vape pina colada makes.

Second, yes vaping will never be as easy as popping over to the gas station to get consistent satisfaction. I order every single thing online, only my starter kits and juices came from a mall kiosk. The juices were pretty decent, but of course bland. I started mixing them up like apples and 2 types of tobacco. Sometimes add 2 drops of menthol for a refreshing breeze. I still do that to this day when my quality juices are running out.

I've been where you are, pack a day of heavy flavorful smokes. I loved smoking, the taste, the hit and complexity especially. But cigarettes are manufactured to pull that sweet veil over your brain. You're not really enjoying them, the cigs are making you. Trust me.
Keep in mind the only and true hurdle is leaving your cigarettes alone for 2 weeks. After that the magic spell of the cig starts wearing off and you'll find its smelly nasty nature.

Last edited:

kaldonia

Jan 17, 2014
Jackson, MS
I feel your pain Daisey. I'm going on 3 months and there are still plenty of times when this vaping business gets to me. It's during those times when I really want a cigarette. It's the simplicity of smoking that appeals to me so much at those times. I start thinking I swear if I have to clean one more tank after trying something seriously nasty I'm gonna scream. I got a bunch of new flavors in over the past couple of days from various vendors and I honestly think I spent more time cleaning out my tanks yesterday than actually vaping from them.

What's currently getting to me is it seems like half of the flavors I'm trying taste absolutely nothing like their flavor profile. I mean if it's labeled "Strawberries and Cream" should it not taste like...strawberries and cream? I don't care of it's a sweet candy strawberry or a naturally sweet strawberry, it should at least resemble that flavor. But honestly I think half of these vendors throw some random flavor and sweetener in a bottle and label it "Strawberry". Sorry, just my own little rant that's been bugging me the past couple of days.

You said you have your Protank Mini working so that's great. For me that was half the battle. If you find a setup that works for you just stick with it. Buy a couple of batteries and tanks of the same type as backup or for more of a variety. Oh yes, and don't forget to always have coils on hand, whether you rebuild or simply clean the stock one's until they stop working up to par.

I personally have had to subscribe to the KISS (keep it simple stupid) method. People often recommend building, re-building, trying this type of atomizer or that type of battery but I say if it's working fine for you, why change it? If cleaning out my 3 tanks that I use daily is getting old, why on earth would I want to start rebuilding anything? Btw I use a Protank II and 2 Mini Protank IIs and I clean them pretty thoroughly when I change the flavors, especially if I'm trying new flavors. I'm a little weird about not having flavors bleed into the next tank :).

Sounds like you have a bit of flavor ADD like I do hehe. For this samples are your best friend. Keep ordering samples from the vendors that have them as an option, and order anything that sounds good to you. I know a lot people who are new to vaping want something that tastes like a cigarette, I did too, but I found that light, crisp fruit flavors work best for me. I also have a little notebook I write down all the flavors I enjoyed well enough to re-order. And as far as others opinions go, take them with a grain of salt. What works for one person may not for another.

Great advice Roselie. I agree that if it works, why change it. The whole idea of quitting and allowing yourself the budget to get started in vaping has worked wonders for me. Where I live, $5.25 for a pack of cigs, makes me think spending $100 on coils, ejuice, and other incidentals until I can slowly stock up, is just a price a pay for a healthier life. The idea of not smelling like smoke any longer is a big incentive. My first vape was fine for the first few weeks but I eventually felt like it wasn't giving me the hit I needed to forget about smoking. I bit the bullet and spent another $90 on an iTaste MVP with some extras and am now getting the effect I needed. Thick smoke with the heated hit I was accustom to. After just one day with the MVP, I know I won't go back to analog cigs, although I may sneak one now and then.

28if

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
Outskirts of Detroit Rock City
Daisey, this is what I use and have found to be a great tool. I found early on that filling a tank with juice I don't like is so aggravating - something we don't need while trying to quit.

510 Bridgeless Atomizer - Stainless - 2.2ohm

I like to buy small sample sizes of juice on the cheap, couple of drips and its either in the keeper or steeper pile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread