Oliver Twist (chewing tobacco)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitabz

ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2009
UK
A review of some English rope tobacco. It looks like it may be the Kendal but not sure. Perhaps someone from the UK can fill us in. From the looks of it I may keep some distance from this one.

Yup, that's what it looks like although the bit he cut off at the beginning is approximately what comes in the packet. I would guess that an entire rope like that would cost well over a hundred dollars.

TWISTED VICTOR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2009
The edge of Mayhem
Welp Kit, OT does have possibilities ;). I recently made a trade with W Axl Rose for some OT Arctic. Strange stuff, strong black licorice flavor with a minty coolness, not really a minty flavor. OTD would probably like these for the flavor and since I can chew 'em I like too. The nic is too low to make much of an impression, plus I just finished a T-Bomb (16mg) not 10 minutes ago, but 2 during a needy time would probably do well. Mainly do to price, I can't see stocking up on these, but they do have a distinct place in my work world of tobacco discretion. I have 3 tins and these will be the perfect fix for those times when I need ultimate discretion and sanity. A very welcome addition to my arsenal. Thanks W, I'm really happy with our trade :).

sunset

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
TV, Oliver Twists are good, aren't they. Just wish they weren't so expensive and could get here in the states. Yet, there's so many little pieces, so maybe they aren't that expensive. They do lengthen my time between snus, when I sort of want something - but, not yet.

Be glad you didn't get the Piccanell. The flavor isn't that great, but the other night I used a piece only about half inch long and you know the OT dissolves pretty good...well, this piece of Piccanell didn't dissolve and started growing/unraveling until I had the weirdest feeling in my mouth (only I wasn't sure what had happened then)....that thing was 3 inches long when it came undone and I threw it away. Now I know what to expect next time - it grows.:D

TWISTED VICTOR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2009
The edge of Mayhem
Be glad you didn't get the Piccanell. The flavor isn't that great, but the other night I used a piece only about half inch long and you know the OT dissolves pretty good...well, this piece of Piccanell didn't dissolve and started growing/unraveling until I had the weirdest feeling in my mouth (only I wasn't sure what had happened then)....that thing was 3 inches long when it came undone and I threw it away. Now I know what to expect next time - it grows.:D

Mercy, how do they pack this stuff so tight?? I scrapped the Piccanell when I decided to do US only orders from Northerner. Glad I did. Yeah, the OT's are like a piece of candy and really enjoyable. If they were offered locally for around the same price I'd probably always keep one in the ready. The nic hit took longer than I thought, but it did indeed make a difference on timing for my next portion (just put it in a few minutes ago). I'll probably go through these slowly (but there's always a chance I might decide to pick OT day and see how I fare), but it's not impossible that I'll continue to infrequently toss one in a Swedish originating order ;).

sunset

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Kendal Twist

Well, this isn't the Oliver Twists, which are still #1 on my list.:D They are so good and pretty expensive.

Just got the Kendal Twist from mr.snuff.com - just had to try it. Long 10" rope and I cut a small piece off. Not bad and not that great. It's plain tobacco flavor to me and at least it's not discusting and I'm able to finish it. It sure doesn't dissolve like the Oliver Twists do, nor taste like candy. Guess I'm spoiled.:)

I have ordered the sweet apple chewing tobacco twist from snuffstore.co.uk to try, also.

The Kendal Twist - maybe I can try to flavor it. I do have 4 of the snusx flavors that should work on this, too.

Well, this is only the 1st try, so maybe it'll be different next time.

mendnwngs

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
Central California
I've got OT original under my lip as I type.. First tried it, oh maybe 15 years ago..

Don't know about elswhere in the US, but its sold here locally in my nearest tobacconist. Don't know if the head shops carry it, as I don't frequent them.

I like OT, Its got a good, sweet 'baccy flavor, good nicotine, and is very discrete, bith the bits, and the tin..

Oh, and my latest tin was a snap-together clamshell made of plastic! Seems to be a lot more airtight than the tin sliders..

-Jason

sunset

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
I was at a tobacco store this weekend here in Albuquerque and he had some of the OTs. I almost picked up a couple tins but decided to wait until my next visit.

DG, If I knew I could get them locally, I'd feel better. :) I do like the Tropical, had one today and it's a great 'spacer' before my next snus.

Just not sure if I'll order any from overseas again. The Post Office tore the box and the only thing missing were the Oliver Twists box of Tropical that must have gone through the three inch rip....everything else was bigger and stayed in the box.

----
Update on flavoring the Kendal Twist and I threw in a couple of Ettan snus, too. Ok, I don't know if this will work and no one laughs, but I read elsewhere someone pour Coke Cola on their snus, let it soak and it turned out good. I'm trying with Pepsi, since I don't like coke that much.

I'm hoping this automatically takes care of the sugar/sweetness - don't you think? Vaporer, you out there :D Anyway, I'll let you know in a couple of days if it's good or not.

Stubby

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Madison, WI USA
----
Update on flavoring the Kendal Twist and I threw in a couple of Ettan snus, too. Ok, I don't know if this will work and no one laughs, but I read elsewhere someone pour Coke Cola on their snus, let it soak and it turned out good. I'm trying with Pepsi, since I don't like coke that much.

I'm hoping this automatically takes care of the sugar/sweetness - don't you think? Vaporer, you out there :D Anyway, I'll let you know in a couple of days if it's good or not.

Don't know if this is what you're looking for.... probably not....

YouTube - Coca Cola Snus

sunset

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Stubby, LOL - I had forgotten this, it's sure one of a kind video. Actually, I remember reading a post, also, someone tried flavoring a snus with coke cola and thought it was good and I bet that was a take off from this video now that I see it again.

Well, Pepsi is a failure for Ettan - disgusting and bitter, didn't last a minute with it. So I know I won't try this with the SnusX. And I bet I don't buy a coke and try that either.:D Darn, I really wanted this one to work, but I won't waste any more snus.:(

slybootz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2009
Chicago
www.jimmyk.rocks
Don't know if this is what you're looking for.... probably not....

YouTube - Coca Cola Snus

LOL at that video....that Northerner guy is pretty funny

I'd imagine that this might make snus a tad bit unhealthy for the gums and teeth, if the snus is absorbing all the sugars from the cola....but i'm not a health expert so I could be wrong

sunset

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
sunset I will check the prices next week when I am over that way. If they have tropical and you need some I would be happy to get it for you. I did not pay attention to how much they were when I was there on the weekend.

Let me know if you are interested.

DG, Sorry, I'm just now seeing your nice invitation to pick up some OT for me.
I don't know how I missed this. :oops:

Thanks - I'm fine for right now with the 6 different kinds I still need to finish, since I ordered one of each. But, I 'll keep it mind if I can't find anything locally..I still need to check that out. Thanks again!

dgriego

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2009
New Mexico
DG, Sorry, I'm just now seeing your nice invitation to pick up some OT for me.
I don't know how I missed this. :oops:

Thanks - I'm fine for right now with the 6 different kinds I still need to finish, since I ordered one of each. But, I 'll keep it mind if I can't find anything locally..I still need to check that out. Thanks again!

Should you need some just send me a PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread