Okay I think this goes here. I want to review my homemade juices (the flavorings)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Linehan

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2010
Salem, MA
marknsalem.blogspot.com
I began DIY mixing because I like doing everything myself. Same reason I started modding. Same reason I brew beer. Same reason I only cook from scratch. I love doing things from scratch as much as possible. Naturally, I started mixing, and so far I have used flavorings from a couple of sources, but I only really liked the LorAnn flavorings. So I mixed my own flavors with (for the most part) 50% 36mg flavorless nicotine, 30% flavorless VG and 20% flavorings. There might be a few where I went higher (like Cola and Strawbery) but mostly I stuck to the 50/30/20 rule to get 18mg strengths. Now these are the juices I mixed, so these reviews are really reviews for LorAnn flavorings.

Cinnamon Roll - ** 2 stars
I can taste a vague cinnamon flavor, but have no idea why they call it cinnamon roll. I don't recommend buying the cinnamon roll flavor.

Cola - **** 4 stars
I really enjoy vaping cola, and this LorAnn cola flavoring is pretty good. It requires extra drops or it is too weak, but other than that I generally vape some cola every day. I also use Cola as an addition to other mixes when they need to be "brightened up" as I like to call it. I don't know why but Cola is a really nice addition in small amounts to 555 and RY4 tobacco flavors.

Watermelon - **** 4 stars
It isn't the perfect watermelon flavor or anything, but it is a nice fruity flavor and smell. I vape watermelon a lot and recommend it.

Orange Cream - ***** 5 stars
I really think this has a taste of a creamsicle. It is another almost daily vape flavor for me and if you have been thinking about trying it, I say go for it.

Strawberry - *** stars
This actually is a fairly nice flavor, but it is SO weak. I enjoy strawberry, but in order to enjoy it I have to drip it and even then I have to do a bridgeless drip to get a strong enough flavor out of it. When I do bridgeless drip though, it is real nice. If I could 3.7v the flavor that nice when I was out and about (I don't drip when out of the house) I would have given it a better rating.

Vanilla - **** 4 stars
Vanilla is an old standard flavor extract. It would be pretty difficult to not make a good vanilla flavoring. I give it 4 stars because it tastes like imitation vanilla to me and not pure vanilla extract though. I do enjoy it, and it makes a nice mixer too!

Chocolate - **** 4 stars
I hear so many people complain about chocolate, and I know why now. It is a weak flavor most of the time. In fact, a week ago I would have said not to bother trying chocolate, but I will now say don't bother trying chocolate unless you have a 5v+ mod. Then I would say if you drip bridgeless, then chocolate is great! If you actually want to try a chocolate vape and TASTE it quite well, then you will need to mod up and bridge out.

Pineapple - ***** 5 stars
I love the LorAnn pineapple. I think I would say this is probably my current favorite vape flavor. It needs nothing added. It needs no extra drops. It tastes just like pineapple to me. I think I probably vape pineapple more than almost any other flavor than my own "Salem Witch Brew".

Now, these juices are my own creation, and I am a strange sonofasumpinoranudda.. So I don't know if anyone else will like these as much as me. :D

Salem Witch Brew - ***** 5 stars
Equal amounts of 555, Vanilla, Cola, Watermelon and Strawberry all 18mg juices

Mark's Fruit SLap - ***** 5 stars
Equal amounts of 18mg Strawberry, Watermelon, Pineapple and Cola

Now on some days I am just a vaping chimney, and I don't want to flood myself with nicotine on these days when I just can NOT put my PV down, so when I realize I am overdoing it I vape with this nice 0mg mixer..

Mark's Cloud of Innocence
Cola, Pineapple and Vanilla. All 0mg and I don't know why, but this is a fantastic flavor mix. I keep thinking about mixing an 18mg version, but I am afraid if I do, then I will stop coming to this 0mg vape when I feel I need it.

So there you go, my review for, I guess my own flavors, but really, it is a review of the juices you can make with the LorAnn Flavors. I will be ordering a lot more flavors from them very soon. I might try Capella's as well, but I need to hear from some customers first who can tell me if they are better than LorAnn or not or if they are just LorAnn in another bottle, which I was given from my cousin in the UK. He sent me these supposed small kitchen flavorings he found (he is a baker like me) and said I would love them and not find them anywhere. Well, these were LorAnn flavors in a different bottle as far as I could tell. I mean they smell and taste exactly the same. So if I am going to use LorAnn I may as well USE LorAnn. Anyone think Capella's is better?

Mark Linehan:banana:

Mark Linehan

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2010
Salem, MA
marknsalem.blogspot.com
A lot of people tell me they like the sound of my Cloud of Innocence, but you are the only person who responded positively towards my Salem Witch Brew to date. Glad you liked them. LorAnn has flavors that I have used in the past for baking when I went to school for baking, and ALL of their flavors rock for cooking with. They just don't all transpose to e-juice recipes quite as well. :unsure::facepalm::confused:

Mark Linehan

Mark Linehan

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2010
Salem, MA
marknsalem.blogspot.com
Well, I can't do it right now because I am broke until the beginning of the month, but I will mix up Salem Witch Brew and Cloud of Innocence for anyone who wants some but we will have to work together for this one.

If you send me an empty 5, 10 or 15ml bottle I will mix up either Salem Witch Brew 18mg, Cloud of Innocence 18mg or Cloud of Innocence 0mg whichever one you wanted to try. I am always out of bottles because I have mailed out all my spare bottles again. I will be ordering more DIY flavors so I will have those anyways, but I will not be ordering bottles until start of month after next at the earliest. I am on disability and I love sending out stuff to see what peeps think. Unfortunately I get overzealous sometimes with buying stuff and trying to get people onto e-cigs.

My latest thing is putting my electronics to good use and people are sending me batty's, atty's and MODS that are dying or dead and I am repairing, rebuilding and refurbishing them and then I will start giving them out through the PIF sections. It works out well for everyone because I love messing around with DIY and MOD's and I love helping people out. Makes me feel good and that I am making up for a less than stellar youth. Giving back to the world in some small way. As a matter of fact, while we are on the topic. If anyone has dead or dying gear PM me for my address and send it to me. batt's, att's, mod's, tools, meters, whatever e-cig stuff you don't want or need. I will fix it or rip it to fix other things and when I have working stuff I can start giving it back to the community.

The only issue I have so far is that I haven't actually gotten anything people are sending LOL. Damn snail mail I guess. Plus people get so busy they forget and stuff. Not to mention that I do not NEED any of this equipment, so no one feels that this is an urgent task either. :D I just got an offer of a couple of mods if I repair both and send one back, and some batteries from several people auto and manual, and some atty's of varying types. So I am hoping these or at least some of those offers make it to me.

DIY juicing is great though, and you would be so surprised at how easy it is.

I am going to make a post right now on how easy it is to DIY mix your own juices!!!

Mark Linehan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread