Status
Not open for further replies.

dam718

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2012
Hawaii
To be fair, I haven't seen anyone else that has had this particular issue, but this morning my Vamo decided it didn't want to play nice anymore. When you thread ANY 510 device in, it reads zero ohms and won't fire. Failed silicon between the center pole and the base of the 510 threading... Hopefully the vendor I got it from will make it right, but other than being a good guy I don't know that he's obligated to. I'm hoping for the best. I have had the Vamo for 4 days... And it's already acting up...

Point is... You would never have this failure on a Provari, and if you did, Provape will fix it in a heartbeat.

The engineering of the Provari is such that it cuts no corners, and is essentially a no frills device that does what it does beautifully. The Vamo engineers had to cut a lot of corners to keep costs to a minimum. Yeah, the case is sturdy, but sub-standard parts on the inside aren't doing you any favors. I've seen a few folks that have had problems with the Vamo, and we're early into it's lifecycle. How many people do you see complaining that their Provari failed?

It's worth the money...

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
Point is... You would never have this failure on a Provari, and if you did, Provape will fix it in a heartbeat.

People do sometimes have these sort of problems with provaris too. Two guys had defective units within 48 hours of arrival not long ago. One had the LED window fall out, and the other had the centre post fall out. It happens.

Last edited:

denali_41

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
Over Der
People do sometimes have these sort of problems with provaris too. Two guys had defective units within 48 hours of arrival not long ago. One had the LED window fall out, and the other had the centre post fall out. It happens.

yea,,we have all heard about that "urban myth" by the haters

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
Pretty isolated incident as far as Provaris go and it looks like it happened during the holiday run. Maybe the guy working on the assembly line had a little too much fun at the Christmas party the night before. :)

Point is, defects and problems seem to be an exception with the Provari rather than the rule.

At the risk of upsetting some of the collectors out there seems the Vamo is off to a rocky start after just 4 weeks.

Last edited:

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
I don't hate it at all Denali. I've seen posts where people had issues with the provari. It happens sometimes. They can be sent in for repair, which is good. They do have issues sometimes.
Just adding, it wasn't one incident - two separate incidents that I mentioned. And I've seen others.

I don't think the Vamo is off to a rocky start - its sold thousands - one vendor sold thousands alone.

I'm not a mod "collector" btw. I entertained the idea but I like to vape, not store. But if that's what some-one wants to do then fine. I've seen some nice collections here on ECF.

Last edited:

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
2 reported incidents both repairable for a mod that's been in the market for 3 years. Not bad at all.

More than two Justin. If there were only two in 3 years I wouldn't mention it at all. But my point is just that these things happen sometimes. I don't dispute that overall its well made, but it hasn't been issue free.

dam718

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2012
Hawaii
I don't doubt that there are a few documented issues with the Provari. Surely there must be, not everything is perfect

But at least with a Provari, you have some recourse there if you do run in to issues later on down the line.

If my vendor doesn't want to take back the Vamo, what do I do then? The plain white box it came in doesn't even say who the manufacturer was... Do I send it back to China? Or do I just eat the loss?

No worries with the Provari... Provape will take care of you. I think that alone is worth a good chuck of the price they charge... And if you're so inclined, for another $25 you can add a second year of warranty coverage. That's flippin outstanding...

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
If my vendor doesn't want to take back the Vamo, what do I do then? The plain white box it came in doesn't even say who the manufacturer was... Do I send it back to China? Or do I just eat the loss?

Depends where you bought it. I buy from vendors that give warranties and that have a good rep. Yours is still quite new - if you bought from a good vendor then they should replace it for you. Have you contacted them?

I saw people ordering from some sites I wouldn't go near, like VaporBreak.

I'd agree with you, mostly there is recourse with the provaris, but it can be pricey if it fails after the warranty. I guess that's something the user weighs up. I know one user said theirs failed just out of warranty. I think they just took it as a loss at that point.

These aren't new debates anyway - they've been hashed out a lot. I think the provari is a good vv mod - although it is heavy. Some people who own them look for something lighter for out and about. The full size Vamo is long and heavy too. I use the 18350 out and about, but that's the chrome so it is still a bit heavy.

Two different price points and different features really. If some-one wants to lay out that much for vv then they should get a decent pv with the provari. As one owner said, it won't change your life.
For trying vw, and having two sizes with one mod - then maybe a Vamo. Quite a few people have both.

mrdee3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2012
Mercersburg pa
i wonder what the evic box tastes like lol

they are popping up all over the place for sale

Let me tell you it does not taste good at all I have the evic and it is the worst mod I own by far. I would rather use my c-twist not that that is a bad device but you get my point.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

denali_41

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
Over Der
Let me tell you it does not taste good at all I have the evic and it is the worst mod I own by far. I would rather use my c-twist not that that is a bad device but you get my point.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

that is so the opposite of what i was reading here a few weeks ago..but i expected it would happen

louis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2010
Mt Vernon,Texas
You might want to check out the Stallion from Texas Select Vaper in Conroe, TX. If you don't mind a 22650 battery mod it would work.
It doesn't have a OLED readout but uses the DNA-12 chip set from Evolv.
It is also more a high end on the cost scale at 175.00 but you deal with the manufacturer direct as TSV makes it themselves in Conroe.

Just a thought.

louis

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
im considering getting a Vamo as a backup. i have a provari already as well as a few other mods. im having the "vamo vs provari" debate in my head and i just cant bring myself to buy a vamo. i mean, i want it becaus eof how cheap it is, but im worried later i wont want it because of how cheap it turned out to be. if you catch my drift. i think im just gonna save my money and get a provari mini. even though the vamo is about $40, the batts id want would set me back another $20. so $60 for a vamo and batts.....i think i should just put that toward a provari mini.

ChaoticKinesis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2009
NYC
I own both the Provari and Vamo.

The Provari has superior build quality, better looks, and somehow just feels more comfortable in the hand. It also vapes more quietly than the Vamo.

The menu system in Vamo is much better though. The Provari menu often lags and misclicks. If I'm in a rush and want to turn it off and stick it in my pocket, the Vamo just needs 5 clicks and I'm done. With the Provari, I have to watch the screen while carefully giving 9 presses, then watch to make sure it stops on the right menu option, then press again. The same thing must be done if I want to to turn it on. Hopefully it did not misclick on reaching that menu option or else I may have to cycle through the whole thing again. I realize this may not be a big deal for many but one takes less than 1 second and is incredibly simple, while fumbling with the other takes from 5-10 seconds and requires that you actually give it your full attention as you do it.

VW is easily better than VV but the difference isn't huge. Anyone making the argument that VW is somehow worse for them is just being stubborn though. If you vape different juices on different volts, then you change the watts as well.

With all that said, the Provari is the one I will carry with me when I leave the house. This is due to the reasons listed in the very beginning and because I don't like how long the Vamo is in 18650 mode. One 18350 is barely enough to get me through the day.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread