Ohm questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjboboy

Apr 17, 2013
San Diego
Ive been building my rda perfectly for my vv mod. I recently got a mech mod and tried what the most pros do and built a setup with less than 1 ohm. Is it me or the flavor taste really burnt. It was producing a lot of vapor but the taste is awfull. How do you guys enjoy it. i know the ohm to voltage chart says you pretty much have to double the ohm to volts to make the best taste. I have seen people in youtube even build a setup with .3 ohms. How do they build it to where the taste of the juice is still vapable.

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
When using a mech, you need to determine what your battery is looking like after load and voltage drop. Use Ohm's law to target your preferred Wattage, i.e., 7 Watts, as an example, then build your coil to match the resistance required to achieve the Wattage with the voltage output. Low Ohm's, in and of themselves, don't provide a good or better vape. It's the entire equation, including the coil, the topper, the juice, the battery, etc. While all of these variables are easy to sort out, in other words, you don't need a degree to work them out, you do need some experience and a good bit of knowledge. The Ohm's on the coil must be targeted to work with all the other parts. Suggest you review the many helpful threads in the RBA section, ask questions there, watch a bunch of videos, quit chasing clouds, until you understand everything, and enjoy a sweet hobby. This is an advanced topic for experienced vapers. Take it slow and easy, have some patience, you'll get there, and it can be the best vape of all, imho. Good luck and thank you for sharing such an important topic. Best to you!

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Ive been building my rda perfectly for my vv mod. I recently got a mech mod and tried what the most pros do and built a setup with less than 1 ohm. Is it me or the flavor taste really burnt. It was producing a lot of vapor but the taste is awfull. How do you guys enjoy it. i know the ohm to voltage chart says you pretty much have to double the ohm to volts to make the best taste. I have seen people in youtube even build a setup with .3 ohms. How do they build it to where the taste of the juice is still vapable.

Larger air hole.

Resistance and air flow go hand in hand.

I don't like sub ohm vaping simply because I never liked smoking a cigarette that was broken or had a hole in it. So I run my coils at about 1.7 ohms with a smaller air hole.

Last edited:

sawlight

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 2, 2009
    Kansas
    I've tried it as well, tastes like burnt .... to me! Not a fan! The theory is the larger air holes give an airy draw so you can up the wattage and it wont taste so bad. I don't know, but burnt juice is burnt juice no matter how you slice it! I'm also a fan of 1.7-2.0 ohm coils on a mech!
    But for fun, lets do the math,
    3.7v .3 ohms= 12.333 amps and 45.633 watts! That's welding copper pipe power!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread