Observations about and thanks to BLU.. and some suggestions on how to spend some $ to make some $

Status
Not open for further replies.

prgmr101

Jun 21, 2014
DC
I started smoking when I was in my teens and now I'm in my 40's. I was up to a pack and a half a day or more at certain times in my life.

By the time BLU came around I was a pseudo quitter. I was mostly quit, to the point I was using gum or lozenges, but I would backslide. Now, when I do occasionally backslide I backslide with BLU. While my wife would certainly disagree, I have, after examining the ingredients and science behind BLU I think that they will be proved to be no better and no worse than nicotine gum or lozenges. Satisfaction wise, I will say that the disposable BLU ecigs are second only to the Logic ecigs.

Suggestions:

Apologies if others have said the same.

Disposable ecigs: These have many more 'puffs' than the average 'real' cigarettes but our brains look at it like an oversize cigarette... put some kind of LED indicator on the side. Make it clear when the user has used up 1 cigarettes worth of the thing. Mark it down the side with blue and red LEDs so that it is reinforced with the fact that this one ecig is actually multiple cigarettes.

Non-disposable: same thing, there is a weird disparity between the battery unit and the cartridge unit. I don't know when to stop or start. Give me an indicator that relates to real cigarettes.

The point: there is nothing wrong with the technology or the taste or the product. You are helping us immensely, but you have to understand that we have a century+ physical understanding of how cigarettes and cigars work. Give us more feedback to help out brains adjust!

PS: Thanks you guys. I have not given in and bought a pack of cigs, or a cigar, or any other tobacco product because you were there. God Bless the engineers.

Last edited:

jstjoehere

Jun 1, 2014
Wv, usa
It would be almost impossible to indicate when you have hit your e cig enough to equal a cig or cigar since everyone that smoked did so in different ways. Some hit the cig alot some a little, some took double draws off of them, theres just so many variables to smoking as with vaping. The absolute best advice I can give is train your self to hit it like a cig til you feel satisfied and once your craving is satisfied put it down. I know its hard to do Ive been vaping almost 2 months and I still catch myself chain vaping on the occasion.

We also have to train our minds to ignore other habits of analogs like the ash flipping or lighting up and even pulling it out of the pack. It takes time you will get the hang of it. Good luck

Honestly, I've tried the OMG e-cig, and I just couldn't keep track of the two batterie and the little plastic mouth pieces.. Besides, they seemed harsher then an actual cigarette. I'm now on an Ego x6 battery with the Kanger Protank 3. And since I've had this setup, I'm over a day and cold turkey off a pack a day!!!

I'm 33, and got kids. I don't want to die or some crap. And I enjoy the time with them and ability to get my nicotine without harming my family and friends!!!!

Little heads up, I actually used my first setup (eVod tank with a small battery) while smoking cigs. Kind of transitioned into the vaporizer and my new setup. I .... you not, I've got a pack of Marlboros on my nightstand with 18 cigs still in there and my last on smoked was yesterday morning. You can do this!! Just do research and look at reviews. Get what suits you and your lifestyle!!!

blirt9701

Jun 13, 2014
TX
I think comparing vaping to smoking analogs is a mistake. While the concept is the same, the process is so different. I think this is why I was successful at quitting analogs by vaping and not successful while trying the disposable types of e-cigs. I don't really know quite how to explain that. I guess that the vaping devices look so much different than traditional cigs, that I had no expectation of having an identical "smoking" experience; whereas disposables tried to mimic analogs so closely that I expected (and tried to make) the experIence the same...and it wasn't. I hope all of that makes some sort of sense. I tried vaping and had absolutely no intention or expectation of quitting smoking, I just thought it was kinda neat. Accidentally, within about 2 weeks, I had completely phased out analogs and made the decision not to buy the next pack. Early in my journey, I would pick up my device when I felt like a cig, take a few pulls until I didn't feel like going out for a smoke, then put it down. Now I just vape pretty regularly throughout the day. When I have tried an analog in the past month or so, it tastes like absolute CRAP! Nasty! So, my main advice for success is 1) don't expect the vaping process to be the same as smoking cigs 2) avoid going into it with the expectation of quitting smoking....believe it or not, it will probably happen without you're realizing it. Good luck!!

2whit7

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
If one was making a list of the most ineffective vaping products on the market, Blu would be at or near the top. But if it works for you, that's great. The fact that Blu is owned by Big Tobacco who wants to destroy almost all competition through regulation instead of by making a superior product, is just one more huge reason NOT to buy Blu.

Note: first post and it's an "ode" to Blu. This smells very trollish.

Last edited:

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
The point: there is nothing wrong with the technology or the taste or the product.

I hate to disagree, but i.m.o. there are some issues with the product.

It has been proven (beyond almost all doubt now) that these "early generation" products are very inefficient at giving the user nicotine.
I worked it out once, that to get the same nicotine on a medium liquid cig-a-like would potentially require puffing four or five times that of a cigarette.
Since all the manufacturers/brands choose to lie about the cigarette-equivalent and/or "x amount" of puffs, then a system that tells the user to stop would require these same brands acknowledging the short-comings of the delivery system.

Let's look at VUSE. Vuse admit the entire refill contains 11mg of nicotine. Vapers know that that even a 50% yield is unlikely. Some people suggest 33% (we do not know, and everybody is different). The could mean the total yield could be as little as 5-7 cigarettes.
VUSE like to boast that it's little cartomiser does 200 puffs and that is one packet of cigarettes. BUT, the yield is only 5-7 cigs - meaning the user may well need to puff 30-40 times to take in the nicotine.

It is the same with Blu. Blu claim to offer 300 puffs. We know that one cartomizer of 18mg is unlikely to offer more than 9mg of nicotine in yield. That would be 9mg over 300 puffs. 1 "cigarette" is therefore 33 puffs.

That's why people struggle to escape nicotine cravings. 10 puffs just won't do it.

If 10 puffs does it for you, then you are very lucky and I applaud your ability to be smoke free with the product.

Personally, I believe most of these products are just in it for as much money as they can make. They don't care about the science or the (simple) maths behind the "cigarette equivalent" or the supposed "puff count" which is an inaccurate as it can be.

I wasted $500 on a product that claimed to offer x, y, and z. None of it was true.

- - -

None of this matters to users, if it works. If it doesn't work for people (newbies), that's why vapers who failed with these products need to keep pointing out the failings of the system. :)

Last edited:

Bernard Marx

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2014
attic
There are small e-cigs (about the size of a small cigararillo) which are pretty close to the real cigarette experience. They have a little tank for the juice of your choice. I'm vaping one now and except for tipping ash everything is almost the same. You will never get that quick buzz and almost instant satiation but with, say 24% nic and at least 50%VG (for the smoke/vapor), you will come close. It's also a bonus that it doesn't burn up. You will know when you don't want anymore and presto!―no more analogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread