Status
Not open for further replies.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
What is a "husson"? I couldn't find it on FT. Do you mean Hastur, or Hussar, or something else? Which one (each makes more than one tank)? Do you have specs for the o-rings, or at least who the manufacturer of the clone is (clones don't always use the exact same sized {diameter/thickness} o-rings as the OEM)? Any additional info might help get you a worthwhile response.

FWIW: I have had great success using The O-Ring Store; but you need to know the size(s) you are looking for. They are an industrial/manufacturing supplier (vs. a company catering to the vaping community) located in the USA, and not aware/informed on any specific atomizer requirements (that I am aware of). I like them because they have no minimums, you can order singles of one or several sizes (helpful when the originals seem a little to small/big), offer various composition choices, and the shipping is quite reasonable.
Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with the O-Ring Store; other than as a previous paying customer.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
What IDJoel said. A caliper helps if you can't look up the size of the clone o-rings. Harbor Freight sells a good electronic digital caliper with an LCD display that does SAE and metric for about $12.

I get my o-rings in packs of 10 or so from Orings and More | Affordable and Quality Gaskets and Seals.

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
Hey Deryk
DaveP and IDJoel gave you the two online stores I believe most of use for our o-rings. I also believe that the majority of us mostly the 1.0mm CS Metric Buna-N 70D O-Rings as those are used on most RTA's but sometimes you'll find a 1.2mm or a 1.5mm on a tank. You'll have to learn to take an educated guess on the bizarre ones. They are fairly inexpensive so I bought 10 of each starting at the 1mm x 12mm through 1mm x 22mm.

1.0mm CS : The O-Ring Store LLC, We make getting O-Rings easy!

Checkout Our Buna 70 Orings | Orings And More.

Last edited:

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
No worries! A google search for "coppervape hussar o-ring kits" will return a fist-full of kits that start at less than a dollar (I have no idea as to the quality or fit).

What is it that makes you say (in your original post) that "they suck?" Are they too tight/large, too loose/small, too porous, already broke, or ???

You might also like to read:
O-ring sizes?: FastTech Forums (found in Discussions; this one provides specific dimensions... though I don't know about their accuracy)
O-Ring Sizes?: FastTech Forums (found in Discussions)
$1.35 Replacement Airhole Pin Post for Coppervape Hussar RTA Atomizer - 1.3mm diameter airhole at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping (found in previous Discussions thread)

deryk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
Edison, New Jersey, United States
Well, have owned the tank for about a month now and will be replacing the O-rings for a 3rd time... they just don't seem to be holding up. It isn't leaking a whole lot out of the breather holes but I can see the extra juice in there. The first time it leaked it killed my Jac 75. I start wondering if maybe I should just drop the big bucks and buy the real one and not the clone.

Reactions: IDJoel

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Well, have owned the tank for about a month now and will be replacing the O-rings for a 3rd time... they just don't seem to be holding up. It isn't leaking a whole lot out of the breather holes but I can see the extra juice in there. The first time it leaked it killed my Jac 75. I start wondering if maybe I should just drop the big bucks and buy the real one and not the clone.

I'm not familiar with that specific tank, but sometimes there are hidden o-rings. If there's a chimney there's an o-ring around the top. There's also a top cap o-ring. Lots of tanks fill by removing and replacing the top cap. That contributes to wear on the top o-ring.

I also second IDJoel's recommendation that you purge the tank by inverting it, blowing through the drip tip, and catching the excess juice in a tissue. If you don't invert it before blowing it out you'll empty the tank into the tissue.

Always put a drop of juice on any o-ring that's opened while filling or cleaning it. O-rings can catch and twist if they aren't lubed before assembly.

You can probably find an exploded parts diagram for your atty in Google images that shows all the parts, maybe even with a callout list.

This was returned for Coppervape Hussar. See that little o-ring on the chimney top? That seals the tank as well as the bottom one. Lots of hard to find air leaks occur there on numerous tanks. Any o-ring that's dry and moves or twists when you reassemble is a leak starter.

7078400-5.jpg

Last edited:

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
I feel your pain. I destroyed the only DNA I ever shelled out the dollars for (a VaporShark rDNA60); under similar circumstances (with a different tank). It may not be an o-ring issue (specifically); you may want to read the discussions that pertain to that particular model. This is the one that caught my eye; specifically the part about leaking after filling (and the absence of vacuum). I have experienced this on several different tanks, and the only solution is to not fill it so full, and/or purge the leakage (remove the tank, blow through the drip tip, and allow the "excess" juice to flow out of the lowest air hole, into a tissue). Once purged, a sufficient vacuum builds up, and leaking is no longer a problem, until it is time to fill the tank once again.

It is kind of a hassle, but it works, ...and I am too cheap to buy different hardware.:confused::D

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
purge the tank by inverting it, blowing through the drip tip, and catching the excess juice in a tissue. If you don't invert it before blowing it out you'll empty the tank into the tissue.
Good catch Dave; I failed to mention tipping the tank:thumb:. I might be a bit more specific and say "tip the tank to horizontal" (vs. "inverted" {inverted=upside down?}). But, yes; don't leave the tank upright when purging, or you risk emptying the entire tank.:)

deryk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
Edison, New Jersey, United States
Thanks...need to put an order in. I like the vape from the hussar, but i am guessing its drawing air from somewhere because I took the atty off and laid it on a paper towel, might have had a few drops come out of it over night...try vaping with it once and it was looking all wet in the breather holes....and I did rebuild it and wet the orings with e-juice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread