Nut allergy???

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaporbird

ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2011
Bronx
Hey, friends.

First I want to say what a HUGE help this forum has been. THANKYOU! I've changed my username from "smokingbird" to "vaporbird" to honor those of you who kindly pointed out that "it isn't smoke!"

Anyway.

I'm allergic to most tree-nuts, celery, boney fish, chick peas, and sunflower seeds. Walnut oil, for example is quite dangerous for me. I've noticed some nut-themed flavors, and naturally avoided them... but ...could there be nut-stuff in say "sugar cookie" vapor?

I have like 22 different flavors from 5 or more vendors, and **something** is making my eyelids HURT, it's the burning sensation and exactly what happens before I have a full-blown reaction. How am I going to figure out what's causing it?!

It'd be really really really nice if juice-makers followed the FDA conventions for common allergens: labeling all products that contain nuts, peanuts, and shellfish. (last one might not be such a problem... though did you know worstchshire sauce has fish in it? so hey...) Though they can't even get makers of lotions to do that... so it's a long shot. (I once spent the night in the hospital because of leg cream that had sunflower seed oil! No lie!)

I know it isn't a PG reaction since I use VG.

Anyone else have these types of issues?

Is there a good place for me to share my concern with vendors? I know they don't want to post recipes, but short of emailing them all one by one (which is what I'm doing now) I don't have an easy way of know what is and what isn't safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread