retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Try searching Google Images for ProVarinati...

In other news - No news.

I haven't heard anything about the group application. The submit form didn't have the name of the managing mod, so I'm going to try and find out who I should contact for an update. I imagine they are busy fixing bugs and I don't want to bug the wrong person.

The Admin responsible for creating groups is working on the requests. Not sure if he'll get finished with them this evening, but he did say your request will be the first he'll work on.

You can also "friend" someone through your profile page - or someone can request you to be a "friend" and then you can just accept it.

I can't imagine they'd close the forum without having the other group approved by then. It's not just the Provari form that's being affected. I would think whatever they choose to do would apply equally to all the model specific forums. Everyone can relate to real life stuff causing delays since ECF is volunteer.

Hmmm....Isn't this the group?
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/groups/provari-nation.html

No. The Social Group will be found here when it goes live: Product and Vendor Specific

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
The Admin responsible for creating groups is working on the requests. Not sure if he'll get finished with them this evening, but he did say your request will be the first he'll work on.

No. The Social Group will be found here when it goes live: Product and Vendor Specific

Thanks for your help, Retired.

Roaring thunderously via Tapatalk...

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida

I imagine, with some of these product sub-forums being closed, he's been having to look at a lot of social group applications. Pass along our thanks for looking after us. :)

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
That's not the actual forum. It hasn't been set up yet.

Just check this one out: The HHV Army

That link will show you what the actual forum will/can look like. :)

Wait till he sees it, eh?

Remember how bummed we were...the HHV thread is epic. So much better than the old way!

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory

Thank you very much for checking into this. We really appreciate it. :)

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Well...that certainly is reassuring.

Who does the setting up and layout, and how long will it take?

Me!

fsbn.jpg

Since we are under the gun I image it will just be bare bones to start with and the layout fine tuned when we feel more secure.

You can help. ;)

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Everyone should 'friend' a fellow ProVarinati or two. It is easy to see where you friends are posting, which could help us all stay in touch...

I'll happily be anyone's friend, but you might want to think it over carefully. With the amount of posts I make per day your entire activities page will be me.

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
Me!

fsbn.jpg

Since we are under the gun I image it will just be bare bones to start with and the layout fine tuned when we feel more secure.

You can help. ;)

Let me know what you need from me. :)
I'm job hunting 8 hours a day, but what spare time I have, I'll donate.

Your new signature is awesome!

I'm hitting the sack, so if this forum is closed in the morning...Au revoir, mes amis.

Last edited:

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Yay! I got our notice of approval! Now I need to get with Robin to find out how The HHV Army did their layout. I wasn't given any instructions.

There is no "layout" to be concerned about. You'll be able to sticky threads, but that's it. You won't be able to create subforums under it (that's an Admin function).

Generally, the assigned moderator(s) for the social group forum are responsible for ensuring the ECF rules are followed. You'll be able to delete posts and close threads. If there's something that needs to be done that the social group moderator doesn't have the ability to do, you can report the post/thread for one of the ECF staff to take a look at it.

Whoever has been chosen as the mod should go over the rules for ECF. We expect you to enforce them in your social group. ;)

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ecf-forum-rules/51178-forum-rules.html

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Yay! I got our notice of approval! Now I need to get with Robin to find out how The HHV Army did their layout. I wasn't given any instructions.

I also replied in the other thread. You have not gotten your actual 'room' yet. When you do, it will be easy to see that it won't need much figuring out. You will have some moderation tools and it is really easy to figure out. Just a little learning curve.

There is no "layout" to be concerned about. You'll be able to sticky threads, but that's it. You won't be able to create subforums under it (that's an Admin function).

Generally, the assigned moderator(s) for the social group forum are responsible for ensuring the ECF rules are followed. You'll be able to delete posts and close threads. If there's something that needs to be done that the social group moderator doesn't have the ability to do, you can report the post/thread for one of the ECF staff to take a look at it.

Whoever has been chosen as the mod should go over the rules for ECF. We expect you to enforce them in your social group. ;)

I think there's some confusion in the fact that the social group is there but the room is not set up yet in the Social Groups forum. ;)

It's all a learning process and there are gray areas. I do hope that help is available as the new mini mods learn the ropes. Retired, are you kinda assigned to the Provari Nation? In other words, are you the one that will be keeping the biggest eye on us? ;)

Dusty pretty much has that role over at HHV. :)

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012

√ Already done Sir. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread