Not exacty new, but a WARNING to all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wimpy

May 6, 2011
Houston
I normally puchase a couple of $50 or a $100 VISA Gift card from Walmart and have it next to my laptop to make all of my online purchases.

Used up the last one. (Recently had surgery and couldn't get out.) Made it out to my nearest WallyWorld the other day, and there wasn't a single card in the entire store. Really anxious to get started on my DIY atomizer, I went with pnjresources company in the good ol' USA for the ss mesh. On this ONE TIME, I used my personal card. I did the ONE THING that I warn people against doing all the time. Shame on me. Told my daughter, "See why I tell you to NEVER do this?" :oops:

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
From Wikipedia, "the company services both virtual and “brick-and-mortar” merchants...Global Payments’ product and service lines includes acquiring front-end network, point-of-sale applications, merchant processing support and terminal management services, as well as Internet-based solutions, for payment processing and storefront enablement."

If the breach is at the GP level, a card used at a restaurant or gas station is just as much as risk as one use in an online secure transaction.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
I had a card nailed last July. Fortunately Cap1 Visa was on top of things, quickly contacted me on questionable items (test charges to iTunes and MS, to make sure they had a valid number). A minor hassle to change my automatic payment stuff to another card, get a new one from Cap1, but it didn't cost anything other than being a PITA.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
From CNN: " Global Payments processed $167.3 billion worth of transactions in its last fiscal year, which ended May 31, 2011. Global Payments specializing in serving small merchants, like mom-and-pop businesses and local retailers.
"It is crucial to understand that this incident does not involve our merchants or their relationships with their customers," Global Payments said."

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
I wish more companies would use Dwolla. So far, the only ones I know of are Gotvapes and electronicstix
Dwolla doesn't deal in plastic. They also don't charge any fees except 25 cents for transactions over $10
There's nothing to be gained by anyone hacking Dwolla, and their in Iowa.
Since they don't charge fees, online merchants save money. Gotvapes gives a 5% discount for using Dwolla.
Paypal is nothing but a payment processor itself and subject to getting hacked. They're no more immune than GP was.
Anyone with a PP merchant account knows that they're just as much thieves as the hackers.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
This makes me think about opening up another acct just for vaping purchases so I can just transfer funds to it as I buy stuff. I seem to make 1 or 2 purchases every week. This is scary. I think a trip to my bank is in order.

Do it! Just fill your cart, get a total with shipping and then transfer the monies into da acct prior to completing the transaction.

momonie

ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2011
Winter Springs, Florida
I would only buy from USA vendors!!!!

I'm Wimpy, and I've been around for awhile. I stalk/read, mostly about modding. I need a few more post/replies to post a warning for EVERYONE in the modders forum.

I wanted to build a DIY atomizer using wire and stainless steel mesh for wicking. I went on a Google hunt for ss mesh and found pnjresources (dotcom) website online, supposedly in Beloit, WI. Though, the website registration shows it is registered in Alabama. (?)

I ordered stainless steel mesh 400 from pnjresources (dotcom) website at 12:21 AM on 3/28/12. At 1:53 PM on the SAME DAY, I received notice from my bank that my account was overdrawn. It took less than 13 hours.

Pnjresources (dotcom) uses Mal's E-commerce as its "secure" online credit card processor. The website is mals-e (dotcom). I investigated to find that they are located in the UK. ALL of the fraudulent charges on my card were from the UK. Coincidence? NO. It is confirmed.

Warn everyone NOT to order from PnJResources (dotcom) or ANY website that processes payments through Mals-e (dotcom). I do not normally use my personal card online for anything, NOR have I ever been in the UK. One charge was to run my credit report from an agency in the UK (huh?).

Help me out by replying to me so that I can POST THIS in the Atomizer Modders forum? I would HATE for this to happen to anyone else. It has been an absolute nightmare.

Thanks!
Wimpy :)

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
This makes me think about opening up another acct just for vaping purchases so I can just transfer funds to it as I buy stuff. I seem to make 1 or 2 purchases every week. This is scary. I think a trip to my bank is in order.

Make an account with no overdraft protection and then only keep a $1 in it to keep it open. When you want to make a purchase, simple transfer what you need and then pay for it. I have my bank remove overdraft off of one of my accounts and it's strictly used for online. I got hit 2 weeks ago but don't know from what country. The asshats made 2 iTune purchases. Than I got a call from Tracfone that someone was trying to purchase $100 worth of minutes. I told the guy to stop it and he did but didn't say where the person was at. Thankfully he called because it was denied...I didn't have enough in that account to cover it...LOL. I nipped that one in the .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread