Not afraid of coffee flavors anymore! (BwB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Synonymous

Jul 19, 2010
Indiana
I've been extremely disappointed with coffee flavors I've received from many vendors. When I started vaping a couple of months ago, I thought coffee would be a go to juice. I was wrong. Everything was bad and I gave up. Most tasted like coffee that's been left in the pot all day long. Some taste like water that walked by the pot on it's way to the bathroom. :?: I like a lot of cream and a touch of sugar. Some places allow you to add cream and sugar. It doesn't work.

So...on the recommendation of several reviews here I decided to go in a different direction and order some tobacco flavors from Don at Backwoods Brew. I emailed my order to him and decided to ask about the coffee flavors. I had heard he's a master blender. After just a couple of emails describing my disappointments, Don thought I'd like his Cappuccino. I was skeptical but ordered some anyway.

WOW! With Don's underlying signature notes coming through (I recognize the notes now that I've tried the other flavors I got) it is near perfection. I get the coffee I wanted but more importantly, I get the cream with just a hint of sweetness that I was longing for. It's not quite perfect because it has just one problem with it. It makes my real coffee taste poor. :unsure: Now I need to buy better coffee to pair with my BwB Cappuccino.:laugh:

The rest of the flavors I got were:

24 mg Backwoods Applewood Tobacco
24 mg Backwoods Brew - My 555 – Peanut
24 mg Backwoods Honey Flue Nut
24 mg Backwoods RY4

I won't review them all because I'd just be saying the same great things that everyone else says. Cappucino, RY4 and the Honey Flue Nut are my faves so far but they are all keepers. I'll be trying all of the flavors in the future. It's obvious Don takes care in his blending. I can't see him just throwing something out there just to have the flavor in his portfolio without making it great. I won't be afraid to re-visit flavors from him I thought I'd like from others but didn't. And, I won't be afraid to try his version of flavors that I never thought I'd like.

Thank you so much Don for the awesome flavors and thanks to everyone who wrote such promising reviews steering me in the right direction.

Newbies, don't waste your time or money. Get to Don, now! Service is great and the flavors are fantastic. By all means try others later but get started off right. You'll come back to him anyway. I guarantee.:2cool:

lasttango

What would Freud say?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Wilmington, DE / Ithaca, NY
www.last.fm
I understand completely.
I am a heavy coffee drinker... and I assumed that when I started vaping that I'd probably vape coffee flavors 50 percent of the time...
and this is not the case...
I have only found a small handful of coffee flavors that do the trick for me... Backwoods Brew's Espresso is one of them.
I was particularly surprised because I didn't know Don could be such a good nicotine barista... He really did the math and science on these coffee flavors...
His Espresso really tastes like a coffee based RY4 to me. So many complex flavors balanced to perfection... and a straight forward coffee overtone.

It looks like you picked some terrific BWB flavors... Applewood, RY4 and HFN are probably my tops...

I would suggest trying Malty and Hunters Blend - if you really like applewood, try the melonbacco/tobacamelon.

Synonymous

Jul 19, 2010
Indiana
My next order will contain the Espresso. I'm going to try the Caramel Cappuccino too. Like I said, I'm not afraid anymore. Malty and Hunters are on my radar for the next order too. Not ready for melon yet. Melon is a flavor I've never been able to enjoy in any other form than the real thing. It's on my "Things I don't think I'm gonna like but will try someday" list.

Other than that, we seem to have similar tastes. I follow your reviews closely and you haven't steered me wrong yet.

FreeFlow

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2010
London, Ontario Canada
www.youtube.com
Really, the espresso doesn't - not like mint or smoke or cinnamon... though I would move towards a coffee atomizer...

I ask cause DK's juices are so easy to get out of your atty (compared to other juices) even Tobacamelon comes clean with not much effort. I figure his coffees must be the hardest to get clean.

Synonymous

Jul 19, 2010
Indiana
I ask cause DK's juices are so easy to get out of your atty (compared to other juices) even Tobacamelon comes clean with not much effort. I figure his coffees must be the hardest to get clean.

FreeFlow, I don't have the problem with the coffee from BwB. Actually I was switching between that, 555 and the ry4 later in the day. The switches were smooth. A little mixed at first then the new flavor took over. If anything, the peanut from the 555 hangs a bit but doesn't bother me. I could rinse my atty and blow it out but I'm lazy.

Synonymous

Jul 19, 2010
Indiana
Id love to try the capu but in all honesty Ive been disappointed so often Im not even sure I want to make the effort to be disappointed again (if you know what I mean lol).
I gave up looking for a flavor that may not even be possible to achieve - it does sounds like YOU did though so that's excellent :)

That's where I was at. You should at least email Don. Tell him the problems you've had with other coffees. See if he can recommend something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread