Noob via State Fair OMG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christy

Aug 29, 2010
US
Hi Everyone! My name is Christy. SO glad that I found this forum. Went to my state fair yesterday, weaving in and out of a mass of people and saw the OMG Smoke Free people set up. Listened.. asked.. listened.. purchased. Finished my pack of (sorry can't remember what you all call them on here) Camel Turkish Silvers.. and away I went with my e-cig. At that time it dawned on me, "Now HOW did he say I put the cartridge on?" "I hope this is right" "Let me check the website". And I found you all. Getting used to it. It fits the bill as far as physical need-- holding *something! I can't remember how long the OMG guy said the carts last and shame on me for not listening better. I am used to being able to go to a website and research.

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself. I've only been vaping for lets see.. about 2 hours. I may be checking in a LOT!

Thanks! Christy

Christy

Aug 29, 2010
US
Analog! That's what they are called.. :) I will remember that. I have such a good feeling about this and know that this is what is going to work for me to eventually quit. I will turn a very young 40 this February and I have smoked since I was 16-- a pack a day for about 15 years. So, you are fairly "new", relatively speaking, as well joelongwood and doing great. That's so encouraging.. thank you!

Christy

Aug 29, 2010
US
Hi Springbird.. Well that's EXACTLY what I was searching for to try and find out. It looks like a KR 808 (?) But all that I know for sure is that OMG SmokeFree is who I purchased from and perhaps manufacured. Their info is all over it. No model number anywhere, I just looked at box and papers again but it indeed does look like what I found on a faqs page here called KR 808/Vapor King. Does any of that make sense?

Para

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2010
Texas
welcspark.gif

cskent

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Ohio
Hi Springbird.. Well that's EXACTLY what I was searching for to try and find out. It looks like a KR 808 (?) But all that I know for sure is that OMG SmokeFree is who I purchased from and perhaps manufacured. Their info is all over it. No model number anywhere, I just looked at box and papers again but it indeed does look like what I found on a faqs page here called KR 808/Vapor King. Does any of that make sense?

Hi Christy and welcome. Yes the KR808 is a good little unit, a lot of people like it. You can get replacement parts and supplies for it from a number of vendors in the Suppliers List on ECF. You can refill the cartomizers a lot cheaper than buying prefilled ones so don't throw them away when they're empty. I think you'll find that vaping is much cheaper and just as satisfying as smoking ever was. Cheaper unless you go crazy with it like many of us do. If you have any specific questions just ask, everyone on ECF was a newbie at one time so we all understand how confusing things can be at first.

SnowDragon

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Boise, Idaho
Welcome Christy to the first day of something that just might change how you viewed smoking ciggies.

You can find all sorts of cools stuff at Nhaler and Vapor4life, just go to the Forum search bar at the bottom of the page and scroll down to the Supplier listings.

I hope you have enough Cartomizers to last you, if you only have a starter pack (5 to a pack) you may want to place an order now. Running out and having to go a couple of days is tough, if you don't want any ciggies.

I'm a big fan of Vapor4Life, great selection of flavors, their blank cool cartos is all I ever use. If you are looking to stock up, let me save you 21%. Just type in the following promo code "SummerTimeBlues" I think it's good until midnight c.s.t. today.

In any case I think you will have fun cruising the 2 sites I have listed for you. Check out their ECF forums as well, lots of good stuff in their too.

Congrats, and welcome to the ECF

PoliticallyIncorrect

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2010
SoCal
Welcome, Christy;:toast:

You've come to the right place. Just be forwarned that vaping sucks you in, not the other way around.
It's not an addiction mind you--but it becomes a passion (the analogs you're giving up are the former, but not the latter; how many cigarette-smoking forums are there, other than the cessation type? There's nothing to talk about with analogs--you just do it).

...Cheaper unless you go crazy with it like many of us do

No truer words were ever spoken. Be prepared for the idea that your KR808 won't be your last PV--or likely not your 10th. You might, as a lot of us have, find yourself with soldering iron in hand, making your own custom mod.

Here's a place you can find both 100+ varieties of e-juice and parts for your KR808: https://strictlyejuice.com/ Their prices are pretty much as low or lower than anyone's, and they ship free on orders over $10.

I recommend trying one of these:
IMG_1736.jpg

At least try dripping. It sounds a lot more inconvenient than it is.

Good Luck:p

Last edited:

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Oh, my....throat hit. You've got it already, by golly. Ha. Welcome to the world of vaping, and welcome to the forums. I'm a "young" (lol....loved that) 61 and I'm having the time of my life. I started vaping June 30, 2010. Changed my life. For one thing......I can breathe. But besides that, this new hobby has me completely mesmerized. I spend all my free time either on this board or playing with my new toy. Congratulations on your new toy.

AtomPunk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Thornton, CO
Welcome! I can echo the sentiments from the other posters. I started a couple of weeks ago and everyone here is willing and able to help you in any way possible.

I agree, if you only got a few cartomizers you may want to place an order right away. I only had a few samples with my original kit and it was rough going until my first order came in.

Christy

Aug 29, 2010
US
Hi Christy and welcome. Yes the KR808 is a good little unit, a lot of people like it. You can get replacement parts and supplies for it from a number of vendors in the Suppliers List on ECF. You can refill the cartomizers a lot cheaper than buying prefilled ones so don't throw them away when they're empty. I think you'll find that vaping is much cheaper and just as satisfying as smoking ever was. Cheaper unless you go crazy with it like many of us do. If you have any specific questions just ask, everyone on ECF was a newbie at one time so we all understand how confusing things can be at first.

Thanks cskent! I am *hoping it's a KR808. The only reference I have visually is from a pic I found on here. But have no idea if the components are the same inside. I am going to scan the brochure that shows the "guts" and verify it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread