[noob] tanks for provari?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mundane24

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
CA USA
what other tanks can i use on my incoming provari?

i have an ibtanked XL ordered but no shipping confirmation yet. =( my provari and some smoktek XL cartos are supposed to be coming in this monday. it would be a big downer if i dont have any tanks ready to use come that day. :/ i did order a kanger protank as a backup but same thing, no shipping confirmation either.

if anyone knows of an online shop around northern ca/nv that sells carto tanks (XL or full tank setup), please let me know. at least this way when i order it.. it might just take a couple of days to show up.

btw can i use the clearomizers that came with my cheapo ce4s? i also have nano clearomizers coming. i can use them for the time being right? i just need to make sure to check their ohms and adjust voltage accordingly on my provari?

also, what compatibility term/s should i be aware of in looking for tanks, cartos, etc for my provari? is it '510' or 'ego'? sorry im a big noob and still confused! :?

SteamDaddy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2013
Rebublic of Texas
you can use clearo's if you have a thread adapter.
510 threads, what you need are.
smoktek carto/tanks work good there but you the adapter.
vivi nova tanks work good on there.
right now i'm on kanger protanks.
they're working out pretty good.
you can pretty much use anything you can get to screw on to it.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Hi - it has 510 threading, but not the external "eGo" threads. You can use a Nano, but not a CE4, since that attaches to the outer ring.

ETA: You can get different types of adaptors if you like, but there are plenty of 510 products to play with.

I agree. Choose 510 threaded heads at the beginning. Adapters are a PITA and they tend to get lost--at least in my house. Besides, I feel that they get in a way.

I recommend Vision ViVi Novas (top coil) or Kanger ProTank (bottom coil). Carto tanks are also nice, but they require some tinkering and experience with vaping in general.

mundane24

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
CA USA
you can use clearo's if you have a thread adapter.
510 threads, what you need are.
smoktek carto/tanks work good there but you the adapter.
vivi nova tanks work good on there.
right now i'm on kanger protanks.
they're working out pretty good.
you can pretty much use anything you can get to screw on to it.

??? i still need an adapter with the smoktek XL cartos ive ordered for my provari???? i thought that would work with my XL ibtanked???

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
if anyone knows of an online shop around northern ca/nv that sells carto tanks (XL or full tank setup), please let me know. at least this way when i order it.. it might just take a couple of days to show up.

IBTanked makes very nice starter tanks, J tanks are good too. Practice a little with your IBTs and then, if you like carto tanks, you can look around for more.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
??? i still need an adapter with the smoktek XL cartos ive ordered for my provari???? i thought that would work with my XL ibtanked???

I'm not sure what he was referring to.

The "tank" is just a tube, it's the carto inside that screws into the battery. You don't need an adaptor.

ETA: I have 4 IBTanks sitting here, 3 with Smoktech XLs in them and 1 with an IKenVape. The cartos are all 510.

Last edited:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Hi again

IBtanks are either XL or standard - you'll see that when you order them. The other "sizes" of the tanks listed (the 19mm, 25mm...) are the diameter. XL cartos (occasionally called "mega") are 45mm (not including the screw); standard is 35mm (not including the screw). IBTanked also sells cartos on the accessories page.

510 threading is becoming the most popular, followed by 808 - but honestly, it's getting hard to find 808 products without searching for them.

Last edited:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
This is what I have in my XL IBtanks: Single Coil XL Tank replacement 510 cartomizer for 3.5 and 6ml SmokTank XL - w/flange and 1, 2 or 3 holes.

I highly recommend getting tanks with a flanged bottom (SmokTechs usually are), it keeps the carto from sliding around when you refill the tank.

And one thing you really need with carto tanks is a "tank tool." - The original was sold by Big Daddy Vapor and called a "Slap Yo' Mama" eek. Other vendors sell similar tools now. The tool makes putting in a new carto and refilling very easy. The edges of cartos can be sharp and if you aren't careful can damage the inside o-rings of the tanks. To see how they work you can do a youtube search or click on the link in my signature.

mundane24

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
CA USA
oh yeah. i did order that slap yo mama tank tool from bigdaddyvapor. thanks. i thought it was a waste of money on my part. quick question... is this "Black Refilling Drip Tip" that comes with the IBTanked XL complete tank the same as the slap yo mama??? see link ~ https://www.ibtanked.com/kits/complete-tanks/19mm-xl-tank-detail **unfortunately this complete tank from IBTanked is OOS right now.

and i did order those XL cartos from smoktek also. 8 x 3ohms (1hole) and 2 x 3ohms (2 holes - for 'heavier' juice i read). the 3ohms were the one mentioned to a noobie like me so that's what i chose. if u think i need to try different ohms also, let me know which ones. tia! =)

Last edited:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
oh yeah. i did order that slap yo mama tank tool from bigdaddyvapor. thanks. i thought it was a waste of money on my part. quick question... is this "Black Refilling Drip Tip" that comes with the IBTanked XL complete tank the same as the slap yo mama??? see link ~ https://www.ibtanked.com/kits/complete-tanks/19mm-xl-tank-detail **unfortunately this complete tank from IBTanked is OOS right now.

and i did order those XL cartos from smoktek also. 8 x 3ohms (1hole) and 2 x 3ohms (2 holes - for 'heavier' juice i read). the 3ohms were the one mentioned to a noobie like me so that's what i chose. if u think i need to try different ohms also, let me know which ones. tia! =)

From what I understand, IBT's tool can be used the same way, but I wouldn't use it as a drip tip, so I haven't paid attention to that style (other vendors sell the drip tip types as well)

The holes are for how much liquid is wicked - the "heavier" juices, the ones higher in vg, need MORE holes, because if the viscosity. The thinner juices need fewer holes. I vape 70pg/30vg, so 2 holes are perfect for me, but I have some with 1 hole, from when the 2s were out of stock and they work fine.

3.0Ω is good place to start with the 'Vari.

SteamDaddy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2013
Rebublic of Texas
my bad, i keep calling this thing a smoktek, when it's actually an Artemis.
just looks like a smoktek.
if i don't use the adapter it blocked off airflow totally.
IMAG0511.jpg

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
oh wow. i normally get 50/50 (60pg/40vg sometimes) and i thought it'd be suited for a one hole carto. hmmm i guess, i'll just have to see/feel it myself. =p

thanks again for all your help. im sure i'll have some more q's. =p

If it works for you terrific! None of this stuff is carved in stone, everyone's experiences are different. More holes are suggested for higher vg, if there is a wicking problem - you may not have one.

And I meant 3 holes for like 80 to 100% vg. I don't regularly vape more than 30%vg, but I have (50/50) and when I did, I didn't have trouble with 2 holed cartos.

ETA: I'm sleepy. I use 2-holes (sometimes 1) I thought you were deciding between 2 holes & 3 holes.

Last edited:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
I'm just copy/pasting this, so it's really simplified - it was written for another situation, but I'm too tired to edit it...;)

In a carto tank the liquid is held in the tank and wicked through a hole in the cartomizer into the batting/filler where it comes in contact with the heat coil and produces vapor.

320px-Cartomizer.jpg

cartomiseurs-dc-2-5-ohms-liquinator-.jpg
(the hole is so it can be used in a tank)

Carto Tank

atomizer-catomizer-with-tank-3.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread