Noob question.. Ego-T battery with 510 Thread Style Cartomizers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hated my tank attys. I bought a double kit and they were both so muted. I immediately bought two LR 1.5 510 attys and drip tips. But I'm off topic. If you have an ego, you can use anything 510. Also, just my two cents: If you want the battery life and style of the ego-t, and still want to keep the tank, get a blank cone, a regular 510 atty, and a 510 tank. They are so much better than the ego tank system.

Duarte

Jun 2, 2011
USA
I hated my tank attys. I bought a double kit and they were both so muted. I immediately bought two LR 1.5 510 attys and drip tips. But I'm off topic. If you have an ego, you can use anything 510. Also, just my two cents: If you want the battery life and style of the ego-t, and still want to keep the tank, get a blank cone, a regular 510 atty, and a 510 tank. They are so much better than the ego tank system.

Thanks for the advice. I will try them.

Last edited:

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
I've tried both atomizers and several tanks with different juices. Maybe it is the primer on the wick I've read about? I am very happy with the vapor production and the battery life, but every juice I try tastes the same. Maybe I am doing something wrong?

There's a lot of ways to clean them. Blow into a tissue, add a couple drips of juice. Some people pour hot water through then blow through then dry. Some people use iso alcohol then hot water, then dry. I watched a video of someone that put either PG or VG in the tank and vaped (didn't inhale) to clean it out. If that didn't make sense, let me know and I'll try to find a video for you.

I liked the way juice tasted with the tank, but I vape menthol and like a cooler, airy vape.

You can do a lot with the ego batteries. I'd suggest trying dual coil cartomizers or LR boge cartomizers.

tyleris12

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2010
Michigan
I switched to the Low Resistance tank atties and that made a huge difference in the flavor/taste. Using a good e-liquid also makes a big difference. I can only vape 100% VG, but thinned out it works great for me. I have been using my Ego-T's for months now and love it with the LR atties. Everyone has such different tastes, but stick with it and you'll find what works for you. Good luck!!

PS - Make sure you blow out the primer really good first tho. I found blowing on the end where the tank goes in works well for getting all the primer out through the battery end.

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
I switched to the Low Resistance tank atties and that made a huge difference in the flavor/taste. Using a good e-liquid also makes a big difference. I can only vape 100% VG, but thinned out it works great for me. I have been using my Ego-T's for months now and love it with the LR atties. Everyone has such different tastes, but stick with it and you'll find what works for you. Good luck!!

PS - Make sure you blow out the primer really good first tho. I found blowing on the end where the tank goes in works well for getting all the primer out through the battery end.

That's true about good juice. I was thinking about this today. I've tried the mega carts, tanks, mini tanks, dual coil cartos and the only juice that I have used in all of them that has stayed exactly the same is nhalers juice. I don't know what it is about his juice. And they never clog up regular cartos like some of my other juices do. He only has 12 and 24. I'm not sure what the ratio is but it's great juice. That's his nhaler/xhaler juice. I find his high voltage juice too thick for my ego.

tyleris12

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2010
Michigan
That's true about good juice. I was thinking about this today. I've tried the mega carts, tanks, mini tanks, dual coil cartos and the only juice that I have used in all of them that has stayed exactly the same is nhalers juice. I don't know what it is about his juice. And they never clog up regular cartos like some of my other juices do. He only has 12 and 24. I'm not sure what the ratio is but it's great juice. That's his nhaler/xhaler juice. I find his high voltage juice too thick for my ego.

I use Virgin Vapor juice most of the time. It's 100% organic VG and she custom thins it for me, so no troubles with wicking or clogging my atties. Being PG "sensitive" makes it so hard to find good tasting, not super thick juices, but finally I found that and am very happy! :)

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Re cartomizers in general, the Boge 510 blanks are very nice and the most popular 510 cartos. I use the standard resistance ones and get long reuse out of them with thin clear juices (20% VG or less). On an Ego you could also use the LR 2.0 ones (hotter, use charge faster) or if you can find them, the medium 2.5 ohms ones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread