Non Kanger KR808D-1 battery at LeCig.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snarkyone

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2009
Your mom said not to say...
OK gang I received my sample battery and cart from LeCig on the new model of KR808D-1 battery that they are switching to over the one made by Kanger. I have to agree with this move, the battery works quite well, has some nice horizontal grips on the battery, slots rather than holes for airflow which really seem to give a great vapor and hit. I could not hit a cutoff time if there is one I could not find it. If I had one con to express it would be the LED being red, and that's just because I want to avoid the hassles of anti smoking laws all the time.

The new KR808D-1 style battery with a different manufacturer than Kanger to along with a new melon flavor cart was sent to me to review. The battery has some nice features like horizontal lines for gripping, and slots for air flow rather than holes which greatly enhances the draw. It can be used with KR808D-1 or GreenCig carts, in fact they perform exceptionally well with GreenCig carts. All the KR808D-1 kits ordered from LeCig.com will come with this new battery and it's a good thing, a good sound battery with good life as well as the power to provide a nice smooth draw and taste. The melon flavor is actually one of the better melon flavors without being overpowering, I could see myself getting more just for the change of pace in flavors. The new battery and that melon cart produce tons of vapor and a nice throat hit as well. I would recommend this to anyone looking into checking out cartomizers. LeCig.com is the supplier that sent me the battery and cart and to the best of my knowledge they are the only ones using these batteries which perform great. You won't be disappointed in this product as it performs as advertised. Thanks to Mike at LeCig.com for trusting me to give a impartial review and for his sample that he sent me. Get your vape on! :evil:

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
Snarky, was that an automatic or manual battery?

Also, you say it does work with GreenCig carts (as do the Kanger auto batts). Did you receive the GreenCig carts from LeCig? If so, what do you think of them? And do they work with the LeCig manual batteries (somehow)?

Thanks ... and Merry Christmas!

Cielo

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Florida
Maybe, I have the new non Kanger KR808D-1? Can someone please confirm this for me? YES greencarts do work with my model as they sold me some of those with my kit. It has 3 threads instead of the normal 2 threads. The KR808D-1 model that I have is awesome. It has tons of flavor, vapor, and TH.

I want more batteries and ordered them from Nhaler but they didnt work in my charger as they only had 2 threads. Needless to say, had to buy a new charger but the main issue is that the Nhaler KR808D-1 model has no taste or TH at all!

The reason I am asking is because I really want to find a supplier for more batteries and cartomizers that will fit my KR808-1 (not the Nhaler one)

Here are some pictures to help:

mine= the model i want to buy batteries for (3 threads)
new one = the model i bought from Nhaler (2 threads)

boxandmanual.png

modelnumber.png

sidebyside.png

tips.png

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
Let me see if I've got this straight. Snarky and roxics are talking about a new (non-Kanger) KR808D-1. Brenden and Cielo (I initially typed ......:D) are talking about the V9 (e.g., Green Smoke*, Smoke 51 DUO, Loong Totem, Red Dragon, Vapure, and what LeCig calls KR808D-2). Right?

* Not to be confused with GreenCig.

GreenCig carts will work on KR808D-1 batteries (and even better on the new non-Kanger ones carried by LeCig). V9 (e.g., LeCig's D2) carts will not.

Is that everyone's understanding?

BTW, I'm still not clear whether GreenCig carts work on the new non-Kanger manual batteries.

Last edited:

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
Long time ago they had the batteries pictured on the right....but automatic ones of course. The problem was they would hiss really bad when inhaling. Then they went with the same battery connector but put a channel in the middle....thos worked really well. After that they went with the battery on the left were the wall of the threads are much ticker and the holes on the side much smaller. By far the second run of batteries were the best....but that only lasted for a few weeks before switching to the battery on the left.

That is the problem with the Chinese manufacturers they don;t do enough R&D...to make a unit right the first time and even when they get things right for some reason they go and mess with it and change it for no good reason.

Yes, but I also have an automatic that looks like the picture on the right as well. So the difference there isn't auto/manual. It's just different types of battery connectors. I'm not sure if there are specific names of the two different types or not.

The batterys from vapor4life are the older style center post with 4 holes drilled around, the newest batterys from Kanger have 2 holes and a grooved center post, and give a much better hit, it's not all 'airy' like the v4l ones, i've been comparing them the past few days.

@Cielo, that kit in your picture is by Kanger, the new battery does look weird to me.

Also, the Smoke51 model is called the KR808D-1P. (Kanger told me this)

Cielo

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Florida
Thank you all so much for the info. The battery that was sold to me did not belong in that box. However, the quality of the batter is excellent as it only has to be charged 2 times a day and I use it a lot.

Perhaps Lecig is just calling KR808D-1P their D2 to keep things simple. Just waiting for them to get their order in of D2's back in stock and i will know 100 percent sure.

Cielo

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Florida
UPDATE! I received my order from LeCig today and I am thrilled!

The kr8-2 from LeCig fits the charger and cartomizers from Smoke 52 perfectly! It is in fact identical in every way except the battery itself is slightly longer. I am also thrilled that LeCig offers this model in white with orange led because smoke 51 only offers this with green led. I specifically wanted a more natural colour for when i am driving at night.

The kr8-1 (non kanger) is absolutely awesome and is just as good as the kr8-2. I will switch over to this model when my kr8-2 batteries die. The price is incredible with being able to get a small kit for 30.00 or the big kit with 2 batteries for 50.00 and they have free shipping no matter how much your purchase is. I will be recommending these kits to all of my friends who smoke that want to try pv's.

LeCig Cartomizers:
The cartz make a HUGE difference in the draw and silly me thought it was the batteries fault. These cartz are awesome with a perfect draw for me, they are also identical to the cartz that Smoke 51 carries. They do not have a burnt or chemical taste in any way. I tried the pre-filled and empty ones and they were identical.

GreenCig Cartomizers:
These produce a vapor that is very much like analog smoke. Its very fine and seems to linger/float in the air longer much like analogs. The cartomizer is also very pretty and doesnt have the paper plasticy thing around it that can be peeled off. Its actually painted on and i really love the look. The one negative about these cartz is the draw :(
I am an asthmatic and the draw is too difficult for me so I wont be buying them again.

Nhaler Blank Cartomizers:
I didnt understand that the cartomizers make a huge difference. There was nothing wrong with their kr8-1 battery, it was just the cartz. They have a terrible draw with no flavor. The one thing that was AWESOME about them is that they come with a one piece white rubber end cap instead of the 2 piece hard white end cap. They are superior and just pop off with your nail. The end caps fit perfect in any kr8 cart so i took them all off and threw the cartz away. I will probably order some more blanks in the future just to get the awesome little rubber end caps!

Edo, im not sure which model you got but I will say with all confidence that you will be happy with the LeCig kr8-1 with their regular cartomizers. I will certainly use them in the future and will send my friends and family to LeCig to purchase their first kits. The customer service was also the best experience I have had so far and I recieved my order in 3 days. I should also note that I do not work for them and only placed my order after reading this thread.

Last edited:

Kelemvor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2009
Germany NRW
I am an asthmatic and the draw is too difficult for me so I wont be buying them again.

is there still the greencig written on them ? if so, carefully drill a 1.5mm hole right through the "G"
so that it has an airhole just like the 901 atomizers, if you use those on a manual KR808D-1.

the shell of the greencig should be aluminium, maybe a needle punch works too ;)

Last edited:

Cielo

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Florida
is there still the greencig written on them ? if so, carefully drill a 1.5mm hole right through the "G"
so that it has an airhole just like the 901 atomizers, if you use those on a manual KR808D-1.

the shell of the greencig should be aluminium, maybe a needle punch works too ;)

yes they do say greencig on them in very fancy writing. I didnt realize these can not be refilled. I pulled the white cap off and under it was a black rubber seal and some type of material (glue?) to hold it in. I removed this too and now it draws perfectly. Yes it is certainly superior to any other cartomizer but they cant be refilled or washed. I will enjoy these while they last but its not something that I will be able to afford to buy again until I graduate and find a job.

I will try to punch a small hole in the "G" of the remaining ones instead of tearing them apart. Thanks very much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread