geeker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2009
Neither here nor there
Nothing is giving me a throat hit.
Not even 36 mg juice in my SD.
Is there something I could mix up to hit me?
Throat hit is way more important to me than vapor.
I have lots of 36 mg juice, PG, VG, ethanol, and can get whatever else you may recommend.
I don't do menthol.

Other devices I have are manual 510, 901, 801, Blu, Nebula and a couple of unknown minis.

Thanks for your advice!

geeker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2009
Neither here nor there
add jalapeno juice...4 drops for every 10ml....get great throat hit and massive lung punch. Also the cigar flavored cartomizers for the nebula/VK/kr808d have a lot of throat hit.
Very interesting...
Jalapeno juice like from canned jalapenos?
Does it add flavor, or just hit?

crazyhorse

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2009
Baja Alabama

crazyhorse

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2009
Baja Alabama
Did'nt Walrus do a video on this or some other type of hot sauce and then he reported his mouth was loaded with blisters???---Sun

Vaping habañero or something like Dave's Insanity sauce or any potent capsaicin for that matter would be extremely corrosive to the respiratory system. Just the fumes from a dehydrator containing habañero are enough to put many people down and shame on you if you ever get a whiff of the powder up your nose.

Faethe

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2009
Orlando, Florida
Any guess as to what percentage in your juice?
This sounds better to me than hot peppers :)

I use vodka. It's up to you. This is why a lot of us get these teeny tiny vials and make up test batches before going forward. The chances of suck are very high for untested batches. So get a little tiny vial (like a perfume sample bottle) and drip some drops. You will know when you hit your own sweet spot. I test my stuff in a 3ml plastic bottle. 3ml is a small amount. If you screw it up, flush it :p

Richie G

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2009
Lawn Guyland, NY
Some people add a very small amount of Everclear to give more of a throat hit. But I have no personal experience with this. I'm just passing along the information.

>

I love a good throat hit as much as the next guy/gal but atomizing ethanol and then inhaling it -- that's just asking for trouble.

geeker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2009
Neither here nor there
I use vodka. It's up to you. This is why a lot of us get these teeny tiny vials and make up test batches before going forward. The chances of suck are very high for untested batches. So get a little tiny vial (like a perfume sample bottle) and drip some drops. You will know when you hit your own sweet spot. I test my stuff in a 3ml plastic bottle. 3ml is a small amount. If you screw it up, flush it :p

How much alcohol would you add to 1 mL?

breakfastchef

Moved On
Feb 12, 2009
About the only thing you have not tried is a device capable of putting out 6-7.2 volts. If you are DIY inclined, you could put together a very simple AA battery box device powered with a pair of CR2 or CR123 batteries with a few items from Radio Shack to test out my suggestion. This thread shows a very simple version - http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/modders-forum/10388-magnum-box.html. Let us know if that knocks your socks off.

geeker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2009
Neither here nor there
About the only thing you have not tried is a device capable of putting out 6-7.2 volts. If you are DIY inclined, you could put together a very simple AA battery box device powered with a pair of CR2 or CR123 batteries with a few items from Radio Shack to test out my suggestion. This thread shows a very simple version - http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/modders-forum/10388-magnum-box.html. Let us know if that knocks your socks off.

Very nice! I'm more chemically than mechanically inclined. Dagnabbit!

Kona

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2009
Kona, Hawai'i
www.gpmkona.com
I have heard of people using lemon juice, vinegar, vodka... Quite a few people use a little vodka, and I know that someone vaping 0 nic was getting a hit with a combo of lemon juice and a dash of vinegar.

I will try to locate the threads if no one who is using them chimes in.

I have found that cinnamon adds a nice kick for me. I use the Capella Cinnamon Flavor Drops, and a little goes a mighty long way. Like 1-2 drops per ml max for me.

Mint or menthol can add some kick as well, but can tend to overtake every other flavor if you are not careful, but some people like that...

mamu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2009
IN USA
Some people add a very small amount of Everclear to give more of a throat hit.

I have a bottle of Clear Spring (same as Everclear - grain alcohol) that I have been using to make my mix of menthol drops with using crushed menthol crystals.

So I thought what the heck... see if it works.

I put 1 mL of Hilton liquid in a 3 mL bottle. Then I added 1 drop of the grain alcohol and shook the bottle to get it mixed.

Dripped a couple of drops on my 510 atty - took a drag - and yes there was a boost to the throat hit.

So then I added 2 drops of grain alcohol to 1 mL liquid. Whoa!! :hubba:

>I love a good throat hit as much as the next guy/gal but atomizing ethanol and then inhaling it -- that's just asking for trouble.

FYI Richie - ethanol is listed as one of the ingredients on my bottle of ECOpure.

<2.5% Nicotine, min 99% (V/Glycerol, Maltol, Ethanol), <10% Deionized Water, <1% Other.

Also, what do you think you've been inhaling with analogs?

WHAT A DRAG; the Next Time You Light Up a Cigarette Remember That It Contains 600 Ingredients Including Embalming Fluid, Ammonia Acetone, Cadmium, Aluminium, Hydrochloric Acid, Ethanol, Furfural Alcohol, Maltol, Para-Methoxycinnamaldehyde, Almond Oil, Bay Leaf Oil, Caramel, Carrot Seed Oil, Celery Seeds, Cocoa, Coffee, Lemongrass, Vanilla Pods, Honey...

excerpt from Newspaper article by Alistair Clay; Sunday Mirror (London, England), February 13, 2000.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread