Not open for further replies.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I was told, though, not to vape salts in a sub-ohm device, but there may be some who think that's just a lot of elitist crap. ;)
Lotta people have this notion that "salt" intrinsically means high nic levels. There's also the notion that "sub ohm" intrinsically means DL-huffing huge, lung-busting hits. Neither of these is necessarily true.

Of course if someone does take big, DL hits of 50 mg salt from a high powered device, they're probably going to have a bad time. But salt juice can be found in (or made) at pretty much any strength.

Oh, and "sub-ohm" doesn't mean a person uses a DL vaping style either. I haven't built anything over an ohm in the better part of five years now, yet my vaping style is very much MTl and the 'l' is lower-case for a reason.

Red Beard

May 11, 2019
Lotta people have this notion that "salt" intrinsically means high nic levels. There's also the notion that "sub ohm" intrinsically means DL-huffing huge, lung-busting hits. Neither of these is necessarily true.

Of course if someone does take big, DL hits of 50 mg salt from a high powered device, they're probably going to have a bad time. But salt juice can be found in (or made) at pretty much any strength.

Oh, and "sub-ohm" doesn't mean a person uses a DL vaping style either. I haven't built anything over an ohm in the better part of five years now, yet my vaping style is very much MTl and the 'l' is lower-case for a reason.

This is my approach in a nutshell. I started with an e-cig, went to a MyBlu, => Smok Nord, now I'm anticipating my mailbox will be full of a new Aegis Mini. I can't wait. I've said from the very start that I have no interest in "sub-oming". So why did I buy a "sub-ohm" device? I think it gives me the freedom to do, or at least test, the things that I've been reading about. Once the device is in my hands I plan to insert the (kit) 0.3 coil, ramp down the airflow, and low watt at around 30W for a nice MTL vape. Simple, right? Well, not so. I'll have to find the right juice components, as well. So that's another journey. I don't even have this kit in my hand and I'm already thinking of the tank that's going to be my goto device. I'm dreaming of a simple single Clapton build deck where I can do a 1 to 1.3 ohm build and begin learning how to wick. I should be happy, one day, right?

kashif

May 26, 2019
Back in the day of 510 pens, Stardusts and Evods, we were using 12-24mg freebase nic.

So if your pod is 10-15 watts you could investigate starting at 12mg.

^^ This!!!

That was enough for many/most of us, but certainly not for everyone. There are people who needed 36-50 mg nic on those low-powered devices in order to be able too quit smoking. There are also a fair number who couldn't quit using low-powered devices at all, no mater the nic level, but quit easily once high-powered DL stuff came along. Bottom line: People are different.

Just be carful with the high nic concentrations. If you get dizzy or light headed, nausea or headachs put it down for a while. I was a heavy smoker of non-filters so I have a high tollerence to nic. Currently using a 15 W pod with 16mg nic and 80VG 20PG, and 18mg nic 70PG 30 VG, and 24mg salt. All of these satisfy my need for nic well enough to keep me smoke free. I was told, though, not to vape salts in a sub-ohm device, but there may be some who think that's just a lot of elitist crap. ;)

This is my approach in a nutshell. I started with an e-cig, went to a MyBlu, => Smok Nord, now I'm anticipating my mailbox will be full of a new Aegis Mini. I can't wait. I've said from the very start that I have no interest in "sub-oming". So why did I buy a "sub-ohm" device? I think it gives me the freedom to do, or at least test, the things that I've been reading about. Once the device is in my hands I plan to insert the (kit) 0.3 coil, ramp down the airflow, and low watt at around 30W for a nice MTL vape. Simple, right? Well, not so. I'll have to find the right juice components, as well. So that's another journey. I don't even have this kit in my hand and I'm already thinking of the tank that's going to be my goto device. I'm dreaming of a simple single Clapton build deck where I can do a 1 to 1.3 ohm build and begin learning how to wick. I should be happy, one day, right?

Thanks a lot everyone. So I ordered two strengths of nicotine for the same juice. 6 mg for the luxe kit and 18 mg for the Aurora play pod system. The juice I like has maximum strength of 18 mg available. I hope I can get my nicotine craving satisfied with 18 mg in Aurora play.

Something came to my mind though. How come a device like smok nord gives us nicotine with such low wattage? People use freebase juice in it and I don't think they buy high nicotine for nord. They use the same freebase juice for there regular mod or nord. Please elaborate.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
Thanks a lot everyone. So I ordered two strengths of nicotine for the same juice. 6 mg for the luxe kit and 18 mg for the Aurora play pod system. The juice I like has maximum strength of 18 mg available. I hope I can get my nicotine craving satisfied with 18 mg in Aurora play.

Something came to my mind though. How come a device like smok nord gives us nicotine with such low wattage? People use freebase juice in it and I don't think they buy high nicotine for nord. They use the same freebase juice for there regular mod or nord. Please elaborate.

I think it’s beating a dead horse, but simply put, because you can.

You don’t have to use high nic in any device. Use what works for you.

kashif

May 26, 2019
Sounds like a Kelpie is in your future.

Cheers
I

Thanks. I will check and comment.

My brother uses 6 in his Play. 3 for me.

I think it’s beating a dead horse, but simply put, because you can.

You don’t have to use high nic in any device. Use what works for you.

Thanks but according to the information I collected I found out that pods run on low temperature and hence can't pull the required nicotine if the juice is having low nicotine strength. I only smoke maximum 10 cigarettes a day (Benson and hedges) so I can say I am a light smoker but I don't feel any nicotine at all when I hit my 6 mg freebase juice in my Aurora play or smok infinix. I gave my Aurora play to an ex smoker (who quit smoking for 40 days now) friend of mine who wanted to try out vape and he took few hits and told he didn't feel any nicotine effects. So that's not just me.

After reading your comments now I am concerned if 18 mg I ordered maybe too much for my pod and before reading comments above I was thinking maybe its low because everyone was saying 25 mg is on the lower side of a pod device. Things getting confusing now. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread