Nicotine Liquid PG/VG Ratio Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

shurpacabra

ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
So I'm ready to place an order for all my DIY materials. I have a good grasp on the method as well as all of the supplies needed, except for one.

I'm a little confused as to what PG/VG ratio nic liquid to get. The lady at My Freedom Smokes said she recommends 100%PG or 100%VG nic liquid. I was thinking about getting 50/50...

So, from my understanding, if I were to get 100%PG nic liquid, I wouldn't even need to bother buying PG by itself, correct? Just add the required amount of VG into the mix? What ratio nic liquid do you guys use? Thanks, and vape on!

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
I just explained why you need to consider PG/VG ratio when choosing NIC in another thread. So please allow me to paraphrase.

"I would like to make a small suggestion for the next time you order NIC. You need to take into consideration the VG to PG concentration of your final mix. Although a 6mg 20pg/80vg mix is very doable at a 6mg final NIC concentration. It may not be possible at higher nicotine MG concentrations and factoring in the amount of PG based flavoring needed, you will start getting into negative PG amounts required for mix down at lets say 18mg or 24mg. You need to take this into consideration when ordering NIC.

So a guide line would be as follows.

If your mix is 20PG/80VG order your nic in VG
If your mix is 80PG/20VG order your nic in PG
If your mix is 50PG/50VG then it does not matter which one you order."

In other words the NIC should be ordered in the base that represents the largest portion of the final mix.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread