Not open for further replies.

flexy123

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2009
yes!

here the famous "NZ" preliminary report

http://www.healthnz.co.nz/2ndSafetyReport_9Apr08.pdf

Dont get me wrong! This is a e-cig PRO report, it speaks FOR ecigs. But read:
The invention of the Ruyan® nicotine e-cigarette in 2004 is about to change that. The
Ruyan® e-cigarette takes advantage of the fact that inhalation via a cigarette is the fastest route for nicotine absorption, and absorption by this route is 99% complete.

and
10. Safety of Ruyan® e-cigarette ‘smoke’ for bystanders.
Because inhaled nicotine is over 98% absorbed, the exhaled ‘smoke’ is propylene glycol
minus the nicotine, and any exhaled PG mist dissipates within seconds

Last edited:

ChainSmkr

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2009
USA
10. Safety of Ruyan® e-cigarette ‘smoke’ for bystanders.
Because inhaled nicotine is over 98% absorbed, the exhaled ‘smoke’ is propylene glycol minus the nicotine, and any exhaled PG mist dissipates within seconds

I didn't know that. I don't inhale so I wonder if I'm still absorbing 98% of the nic delivered per draw.

Nuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Ontario, Canada
yes!

here the famous "NZ" preliminary report

http://www.healthnz.co.nz/2ndSafetyReport_9Apr08.pdf

Dont get me wrong! This is a e-cig PRO report, it speaks FOR ecigs. But read:

and

I read that lab report earlier last night because I've seen it quoted so often. There are some really bizarre issues with the numbers that I really don't understand. I'm going to put a post together laying it out but in general, that is the first lab report I've ever seen that talks about "Ruyan smokers tell us" and then use those figures in the calculation. It reads more like a Ruyan press release than a scientific article.

I vaguely remember Kate having issues with some of the numbers and I think I understand what she meant now. They also do not mention any measurements of nicotine in the blood that I could find and I always thought was the only way to determine absorption levels.

Either way, thanks for the link and until further studies are done I suppose I will have to accept a 98-99% absorption even though logic is screaming at me. If true, we have all increased our nicotine level many times over.

flexy123

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2009
no, not necessarely.

Let me do some quick calcs...a cart hold approx 1mg liquid which is approx 16mg of N, talking about 16 strength liquids.

Now...take into account how many cigs a cartridge equals to.

Some say one cart equals 20 cigs (bullsh!!..there is no way a full cart lasts that long)..but we could assume a full cart equals anything from 4-15 cigs, depending.

Then just divide the N amount in the cart (16mg) through number of cigs you get from the cart. ASSUME that indeed most of the N is absorbed. If a cart equals 6 cigs...would make 2.6mg/cig...which comes very CLOSE to real absorption of N in a real cigarette. (According to this report, if i remember right)

If a cart is actually good for more cigs, say 10-20....then, depending, the N intake would be less even.

However, i agree. There are some mystery numbers out there. Eg...looking at royalsmoker DOT com...some PDFs in regards to the liquids claim that the intake with vaping equals 1/6th of that of a real cig.

This MIGHT be the case if they take a "best" scenario with some low liquid and assume that a cart is good for 20cigs. Of course, in reality this doesn't apply.

DuneBuggy

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2009
Near the Outer Banks of NC
That may be..I dunno.
Ive since cut back to lower strengths (10-12 )
and not getting any analog cravings.
As for the higher nic levels? I tried 24 and it about killed me!!! WAAAYY too strong!
That 36 has got to be a mutha!

I STRONGLY feel we are not NICOTINE malnurished. I was a pack a day smoker steady and I ONLY vape 11 and cut that. I do NOT go higher as many do. Our cravings are coming from the LOST CHEMICALS from tobacco we are not getting, not MORE nicotine. I think some people don't understand this and keep upping their nic. I really don't believe it's the nic that needs to be upped and we just have to get through those cravings. I'm STILL having them. When I vape 11 straight when I'm having them, all I get is a nic over dose and my head is spinning. I'm still craving analogs. It's the CHEMICALS we are NOT over with yet.

flexy123

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2009
After reading your posts i'm really thinking about cutting back to 11mg. I've been really getting into the menthol flavours recently which give an almost emulated throat kick so i'm guessing using a menthol 11mg ejuice won't result in much lose of kick. .. i hope.

agree! I was never big on menthol...but for vaping it's great!

ChainSmkr

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2009
USA
After reading your posts i'm really thinking about cutting back to 11mg. I've been really getting into the menthol flavours recently which give an almost emulated throat kick so i'm guessing using a menthol 11mg ejuice won't result in much lose of kick. .. i hope.

I'd try it. :) You can always trade off during the day between the 11mg and 18mg for starters until you're comfy with 11mg. That said, I had to go from 4mg to 11+mg because I started out too low.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread