Nic-levels - advice, please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamster

ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2011
NY/FL
Sorry to be such a paneindabut, my fellow vapers! I want to promise that this will be my last question, for a while, but don't know if I do so in all honesty <sheepish grin> ...

So, from day one of vaping (five weeks ago), I've only done the low-nic thing. I haven't had an analog, since then, either (that was the whole point of trying ecigs, to begin with, for me, so this is 100% success, here, so far [yeah, Tam: you should remind yourself what progress that is!).

Ya'd think after 5 weeks, I wouldn't be craving nicotine, but here's the truth:

I want to order nuclear-strength juices, like, right. now.

My question to you kind folks is: since I'm certain I'll never smoke the burning-sticks again, is there any reason I ought not to up my nic-levels on certain juices, just to get a "rush"? perceived, or otherwise???

Liv2Ski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2010
Burnt Hills NY
I DIY and control the nic level myself. I have and do dial up the nic. I usually vape around 10mg/ml but when I will be on a plane or somewhere that I can not vape as often as I like I do 24mg/ml. I will also dial up if I am going out partying with smoking friends. So if you are craving nic then go ahead and have a bottle of stronger stuff around.

Tamster

ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2011
NY/FL
I DIY and control the nic level myself. I have and do dial up the nic. I usually vape around 10mg/ml but when I will be on a plane or somewhere that I can not vape as often as I like I do 24mg/ml. I will also dial up if I am going out partying with smoking friends. So if you are craving nic then go ahead and have a bottle of stronger stuff around.

Thanks for the feedback. What about picking up one big bottle of non-flavored medium/higher-powered juice? Then I could just mix it with the other flaves to pack an extra punch? Is that how I should look at it? ... Thanks again for your advice!

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
Thanks for the feedback. What about picking up one big bottle of non-flavored medium/higher-powered juice? Then I could just mix it with the other flaves to pack an extra punch? Is that how I should look at it? ... Thanks again for your advice!

You could probably do that, it's not that difficult. It might dilute the flavor but maybe not that much. What nicotine level do you have now?

Liv2Ski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2010
Burnt Hills NY

You can do that but you will significantly dilute the flavor. If you have a favorite "goto" juice you could order the high strength version in that flavor and then mix them in a smaller 3ml bottle for when you need a real kick.

Tamster

ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2011
NY/FL
Thanks, everyone... I've never vaped higher than 11. Went down to 8, and now 6. (All over 5 weeks.) I haven't smoked analogs, and don't feel at all tempted to go back to those ... but sometimes I just want to get that old "rush" that I remember ... the one where it's late at night and it's only 5 more minutes till the end of tv program - you want to watch it - but a cup up coffee is out of the question - and you know that just one hit on a cig will wake you up for the next few minutes??? (Am I nuts here? Can't be, lol!)

Eclipsed1770

ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2011
South Carolina
you're not nuts. I started on 24mg and went down to 12mg because I love vaping and didn't want to feel whoozy, like suziesmom said, but doing 24mg as much as I was it was really drying my throat out. I still keep the 24mg around when I need that heavy throat hit and feel the urge. A friend of mine coughes if the nic level is too high so just be careful and keep vaping.

wolfsblood

May 26, 2011
new orleans u.s.a.
keep asking questions, that is what this forum is about, i've come close to overnicing (new word?) a couple of times when i started vaping...i was so enamoured with it i would go hours not realizing how much nic i was intaking until i was hit with nausea and that overamped feeling you get, i use different mgs,18 to 24...but more importantly for me i try to limit my vape time with what i use to when i used analogs

Last edited:

Tamster

ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2011
NY/FL
You're the person trying to get down to zero, correct? Order a bottle of 11 or 18 for those times when your craving a cig.

Yes, ideally so, SF! Only because my hifalutin goal in life is to not be addicted to anything! (A set-up for disaster, or what?! lol!)

But I'm going to arm myself with one or two hi-caliber juices ... just for those "times" -- ya know? :p

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
Good plan! I use the higher nic juice for those times when either all my juice taste flat or I need a kick. Half the time I go out without my pv so when I get home, I want to vape something a little higher. Or when I misplace it and finally find it. That happens about 10x a day. I found it in my undies drawer today. :laugh: I was putting clothes away and must have put it in the drawer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread