Next week will pass 11 years without a cigarette

NickSteel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2012
Napa, California
That’s awesome. Congrats. Have you been vaping the whole 11 years? I’m sure with that amount of time you’ve perfected your craft so to speak. What kind of device/liquid worked for you? Cheers
Expand my profile picture and you'll see my very simple stuff. Just an old 69 clone with a kick module and a Kanger pro tank. I've always used Texas Rebel strawberry blonde liquid and made my own cotton coils. I've tried other things over the years, but always returned to these simple things - not due to
cost, just preference.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
Expand my profile picture and you'll see my very simple stuff. Just an old 69 clone with a kick module and a Kanger pro tank. I've always used Texas Rebel strawberry blonde liquid and made my own cotton coils. I've tried other things over the years, but always returned to these simple things - not due to
cost, just preference.
Well, good for you.

Just curious, have your kick modules tripped much over the years? Sure I have some stashed away somewhere as well as some fuses, in a box with my ancient Silver Bullet. The Kick is the resettable type, right? And it's quite big so you have to use a shorter battery or a tube extension. It's been a long time.

I remember rebuilding Pro Tank coils too.

Have you thought what you would do if your favorite juice went out of production? So many juice vendors have disappeared over the years.

NickSteel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2012
Napa, California
I'm on my 2nd kick module. You can set the vw easily. I just use 7-7.5w.
I do have to use an 18500 battery, but it lasts all day for me.
If TRJ goes out of business, I have a couple liters in the freezer.
I did modify the 69 clone by replacing the switch spring with magnets and added a battery spring.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    Congratulations, NickSteel! I hope I make it to 80, I'm 56 now. If I do, I'll probably still be vaping, I've been doing so for a bit over 9 years so far, and I have no plans to stop.

I hate the idea of hijacking threads, but - Welcome to ECF, darnby.

NickSteel

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 4, 2012
    Napa, California
    Congratulations, NickSteel! I hope I make it to 80, I'm 56 now. If I do, I'll probably still be vaping, I've been doing so for a bit over 9 years so far, and I have no plans to stop.

I hate the idea of hijacking threads, but - Welcome to ECF, darnby.
    Have no helpful advice on how to reach 80, but switching to vaping is definitely a good step.

(That and sipping a bit of Bailey's while relaxing on the porch).

tj99959

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Have no helpful advice on how to reach 80, but switching to vaping is definitely a good step.

(That and sipping a bit of Bailey's while relaxing on the porch).
    WOW, congratulations!!
    I remember well when the Doctor told me that my future life span would be measured in weeks, rather than in months or years, if I continued to smoke. I was 68 years old at the time.
    Well .... I'm now 82. So vaping has given me a lot of weeks :banana::banana:
    Don't ya just love it when a well laid out plan actually works!?!

NickSteel

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 4, 2012
    Napa, California
    WOW, congratulations!!
    I remember well when the Doctor told me that my future life span would be measured in weeks, rather than in months or years, if I continued to smoke. I was 68 years old at the time.
    Well .... I'm now 82. So vaping has given me a lot of weeks :banana::banana:
    Don't ya just love it when a well laid out plan actually works!?!
    Thanks for "Running Point" !

While our Doctor couldn't convince us, our RN Daughter's "nagging" finally did. Gave up the cigarettes and kept the Daughter!

(Due to a little more "nagging", we recently relocated from MS to her home in Napa. Daughters are treasures).

Users who are viewing this thread