Newbie seeking advice on istick/iclear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Altissimus

Jan 24, 2016
Hey,

I recently bought a Blu starter kit and liked it enough to want to take the next step.

I would like to be able to vape different flavours and not be overly concerned with too much "modding" or "DIY" - I would also like to choose something that will last me a while and give me a range of options/experiences.

Having done some reading on here I am considering purchasing either an istick+nautilus or itaste+iclear.

Questions:
- does this seem like a good choice?
- can I buy either option as a ready set or do I need to buy bits separately?
- do both take a range of different flavours, readily available?
- do I have to use specific brands of parts/ejuice with these or are they compatible with other manufacturers?

I live in the UK so would appreciate purchasing guidance with that in mind.

Do I need to purchase online or is it easy to find this stuff locally?

Thank you in advance,
A

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
Hello @Altissimus and welcome to the forum.

The difference between the Blu and a real vape is daylight and dark.
I am a fan of the iStick 30 watt and Nautilus Mini for newbies. You will have to buy the Aspire Nautilus coils, they come in 1.6 ohm and 1.8 ohm. I have had both and really didn't notice much of a difference between them.
4f4a37f5-cac4-47a0-94b9-31b2900fd6b6_zpsqab8njbe.jpg

Any of the 22,369 flavors of juice will work in it. You might try visiting a local vape shop to sample some flavors to see what you like. While most vape shops also sell gear, you will probably find it cheaper online but you have to wait a few days for shipping.

For shopping you might try here :
E-cigarette/E-liquid Vendors List + discount codes | ALL ABOUT E-CIGARETTES UK
UK Forum
UK and Ireland Suppliers
Myepack.co.uk
COUPONS - Stores - ECF E-Cigarette Coupons

Good luck in your journey.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Hi and welcome. You can not buy the iStick with the Nautilus as a combination, unless you find a local shop (or online retailer) who offers it as a bundle. They are made by different manufacturers. You can buy the iTazte battery/mod kits bundled with various iClear tanks as they are both made by Innokin. Which iTazte and iClear are you looking at? FWIW, that iStick30/Nauti combo is where I recommend most people go when stepping up from pen types. However, I think the Innokin brand power units are better built than the iSticks, so if you want to spend the money I can recommend it.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA

WonderDude32

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2015
Clarksville, TN
My suggestion to most everyone is get the Kangertech Subox kit and a couple of 18650 batteries. If someone would have suggested this to me when I took my next step, I wouldn't have wasted so much money. I used a Nautilus with an istick 50 watt for about 3 months and wanted/needed more. The Subtank can be adjusted down and opened up as your wishes demand. Good luck and happy vaping.

Altissimus

Jan 24, 2016
Thank you to everyone for your helpful tips. Some good reading here.

My suggestion to most everyone is get the Kangertech Subox kit and a couple of 18650 batteries. If someone would have suggested this to me when I took my next step, I wouldn't have wasted so much money. I used a Nautilus with an istick 50 watt for about 3 months and wanted/needed more. The Subtank can be adjusted down and opened up as your wishes demand. Good luck and happy vaping.

Thank you for the alternative suggestion. I googled this and it seems that the Subtank is a sub-ohm vaper, which (in my limited understanding) results in "bigger clouds". I actually would much prefer smaller clouds.

What was the "more" you wanted/needed from the iStick that was lacking? Was it flavour, recharge time, cloud size...?

I also understood that most of these more 'advanced' kits could also be adjusted. Is that not the case?

Thanks,
A

CaptSpaulding78

Jan 25, 2016
Anoka, MN
Hello!
My wife and I have been vaping for a month and a half now. I use an istick tc40w with a kanger subtank mini, while she has a CoolFire IV with kanger subtank mini. Both were bought at local shops as starter kits. I prefer the vape I get from mine, though her battery lasts much longer. Both of our mods are running .5 ohm coils at 28.5 watts, mine produces a denser and tastier vape though, with hers being more subtle and cooler. I understand what you mean about not wanting to create big clouds, I felt the same way at first, now I'm anxiously awaiting a 200w mod and rda. Good luck to ya!

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Hi @Altissimus

I not going to pretend I am anything but completely over-the-moon happy you have already decided to ditch the BLU e-cigs.

You should definitely go for a small box mod. If you want one with a built-in battery, I'd suggest the Coolfire or Istick or anything by Innokin (Disrupter, MVP.3 etc)

When you say iTaste, that could refer to a number of products. First, you get the 'slim' battery type (good but a bit past it in all honesty) then small box mods (Coolfire) then whacking great things like MVP Pro.

You don't have to buy a kit. Unless the kit has everything you want (from a kit!)... chances are a kit will include a sub-ohm tank and if you don't want it, don't get it. :)

You could put a mini Nautilus on a Coolfire. You could put an eleaf GS tank on a Kanger sub-box. You can mix and match.

Mini Nautilus is a great place to start but recently they have been going down in my estimation. The newer coils are lasting shorter and not tasting good for so long.

Not everything is available in shops, sadly many shops sell specific brands over another and you might get confused/pay too much/get the wrong thing.

Just remember to run any internet 'deals' by us... not everyone out there wants to charge a fair price for a fair product. Some shops overcharge with no qualms at all.

Reactions: Altissimus

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I went to a vape shop today and (for better or for worse) have now bought a Smok R80 kit.
Yeh, that'll do the job. Nice one. :)

.and if you don't like the tank, get something different.

Today (as yesterday, because they're new) I'm vaping on Kayfun Monster Atomizers. Loving these little beauties. Far smoother than subtank-style(s) and far stronger than the original Kayfuns. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread