Newbie question about drip tips??

Status
Not open for further replies.

grndzero

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2010
Tucson, AZ
I just got a derlin drip tip from madvapes for my 902 passthru. It fits perfectly and gives more vapor since it comes straight out of the atty instead of going through the cart. It's also nice to have a standoff from the atomizer when it warms up to keep it from burning my lips. My only complaint so far is that the top hole is very small so dripping has to be very accurate and at 5V it needs refilled a lot since it burns off quickly I can only add 3-4 drops at a time.

I made an improvised drip tip to try it out before I bought a real one. Take a round cart cap with the inner cart removed (My original 902 atty's shipped with one) and open up the center hole with sequential drill bits. I used a unibit and opened it all the way to the edges.

A drip tip on the Lux would probably be pretty awesome.

Last edited:

kaeo773

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2009
Chicago USA
www.modernvapor.com
I have been testing some of them out before ordering some and I feel the same way about the Derlin, the inner hole is too small to drip through in my opinion. I also tested the anodized ones, and those felt really heavy making uncomfortable top heavy, and the hard metal against mt teeth was not good as well. I prefer a plastic one over any metal drip tip, the inner hole just needs to be wider before I buy them.

MXBNW

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2010
NW Washingtion
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Yes a standard 510 DT will fit on the 902 I do it all the time.. :)

Did you try this JoeChemo? Or is there someone who can acknowledge this?

I would love to get one of these since i'm having a hard time with carts: Getting juice in my mouth quite a bit.

scheherezade

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
VA Beach
I have been testing some of them out before ordering some and I feel the same way about the Derlin, the inner hole is too small to drip through in my opinion. I also tested the anodized ones, and those felt really heavy making uncomfortable top heavy, and the hard metal against mt teeth was not good as well. I prefer a plastic one over any metal drip tip, the inner hole just needs to be wider before I buy them.

How are you making out with these. I started doin some DIY and I find its easier to drip when I'm trying one of my new recipies. I use my sideshos a lot for it, since the atty is ideal for dripping. I also bust out the 510's since the atty doesn't sit as deep as the 902's. I'd love to be able to use my 902's since that is my all time favorite atty. A drip tip would be ideal. ( In pretty colors would be very cool too!)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread