Newbie Needs Information :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazyTerrie11

ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
W. Valley/Phoenix Arizona USA
I am new to vaping... my reason for trying e-cigs is that i dont want the smoke and the smell associated with analogs but I still want the nicotine and the throat hit. I first ordered a really bad e-cig but it worked long enough for me to find out that it satisfies my cravings. I did some research and found e-smokeytreats.com. They were highly recomended for thier products and customer service. I ordered the DSE901 mini starter kit and i hope that its a good overall deal. Does anyone have any input on that style? Im a pack a day smoker and I hope that I can trash the analogs and just vape. Any input from some more experienced vapes would be greatly appreciated...Thanks

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Retired in Houston, Texas / USA
The DSE901 is a good choice. You should be happy with it. Just order juice to refill the cartridges and order a couple spare atomizers.

You'll still get some minor cravings. Just put your mind to it. And if you slip occasionally and light up a stinkie, it won't be the end of the world. But you *will* find that the stinkies will get nasty tasting after vaping for a while.

If you want to try to get that old e-cig working for a spare, we can probably do that too. If you're interested, give us the brand, model #, and a description of your problem. It doesn't hurt to have a back-up. After all, you already paid for it. No sense in just throwing it away, if you haven't already.

Cheers;
jd

Duckies

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2009
Philly
I quit using a 901 and love it! I just ordered some manual batteries for it in fact as the Prodigy is too big to take with me when I am out.

Agree with the above comments. You will definitely want to get a few backup batteries and atomizers. They can be finicky (on all models).

I <3 my 901. I think you will be pleased with your choice. :)

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
Can't go wrong with a 901.

If you're interested in trying other hardware, I'd recommend a 510. Most of the 510 kits include 2 full e-cigs and a wall charger. Also available for the 510 is a personal charging case which is a great accessory to have.

I've gone from a pack-and-a-half per day to NONE NONE NONE! It was a super easy transition. I've also worked down to a low nicotine level.

Stay strong and focused and best of luck to you!

miketr

ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
Southern Illinois (rural area)
I made the same choice a few weeks back after my online research - a DSE 901. It took about a week for me to become completely convinced. I just a few days ago ordered extra atomizers and a pair of 510's as suggested above, and more eLiquids and blank carts. I am really excited about this - I never thought I would be able to completely stop smoking analogs, and yet here I am, happy as a clam!

CrazyTerrie11

ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
W. Valley/Phoenix Arizona USA
Let me know how the 510's work out. I'm not really clear on the difference but if I find something better than the 901's I'll upgrade...I just want to find the best for what I need which is a satisfying substitute for analogs. I need plenty of nicotine, good throat hit and lots of vapor......I cant wait until I get my order from e-smokeytreats.com. So far all I've used was the crap "Smoke Assasin" advertised for free.....which wasn't free (had to buy the carts) and it worked OK for about 5 mins. then died on me. It was long enough to know that I got plenty of satisfaction from an e-cig.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Let me know how the 510's work out. I'm not really clear on the difference but if I find something better than the 901's I'll upgrade...I just want to find the best for what I need which is a satisfying substitute for analogs. I need plenty of nicotine, good throat hit and lots of vapor......I cant wait until I get my order from e-smokeytreats.com. So far all I've used was the crap "Smoke Assasin" advertised for free.....which wasn't free (had to buy the carts) and it worked OK for about 5 mins. then died on me. It was long enough to know that I got plenty of satisfaction from an e-cig.

I started with the 901 and although it is good for starting out, I found I needed the better throat hit, warmer vapor and consistency of a manual switch PV like the 510. The 901 now does have an option for manual batteries. I would STRONGLY suggest you get a couple of them and the $4 adapter needed to charge them in your regular 901 charger. I know that Rocky Mountain Vapor sells them for $11. After you have tried that for a while, if you like it enough but want less hassle and bigger vapor and throat hit, let us know and we can clue you into the premiere PV's.

Good Luck.

miketr

ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
Southern Illinois (rural area)
Oh, I got my 510 yesterday. I am very happy with it, I prefer it to the 901. It's got better vapor and throat hit as stated by wv2win above. I wrote up a comparison of the two. It's very detailed and covers every aspect I could think of. It's under the thread "510 vs 901", comment #41. (Sorry, I can't embed links yet.)

ProfessorDaffy

ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Acme Looniversity
I am new to vaping... my reason for trying e-cigs is that i dont want the smoke and the smell associated with analogs but I still want the nicotine and the throat hit. I first ordered a really bad e-cig but it worked long enough for me to find out that it satisfies my cravings. I did some research and found e-smokeytreats.com. They were highly recomended for thier products and customer service. I ordered the DSE901 mini starter kit and i hope that its a good overall deal. Does anyone have any input on that style? Im a pack a day smoker and I hope that I can trash the analogs and just vape. Any input from some more experienced vapes would be greatly appreciated...Thanks

Loved my 901 until a Yeti (510) came knocking at my door! It's a good product with tested results. Be prepaired to replace the atomizer about once a month. I kept an atomizer going too long and the unit began to disappoint me, then I replaced the atomizer and remembered why I loved it in the first place. It is prone to flooding/clogging so you'll want to clean it regularly for maximum results. A good soak can make all the difference. I still keep my 901 around for when I don't want as much nicotine. Seem to be able to vape much longer with it.

--Daffy
P.S. Here's a must see video for all noobies and new 901 owners that might come in handy...

YouTube - DSE 901 E-CIG USER TIPS AND MAINTENANCE GUIDE

BOREMAN

ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2009
RVing the USA
For me, I have found the best to be the Vapor King from Vapor4Life.com, which is a two piece PV (atomizer built into the cart). Excellent throat hit and supreme vapor and outstanding flavor (28 diff flavs). The Vapor King has become my workhorse. Having a great deal going on now for the starter kit (LOTS of xtras), including a USB passthru and a PCC with the kit. Choice of six colors on the batts too. Worth a quick looksee at their site and also check out the vapor4life reviews in this forum. Super fast shipping (2-3 business days) for 6.95. I think they are also having a 20% off sale using code: SMILIN20. Havent been using my other pv's since receiving my Vapor King July 28th. IMHO, it rocks. Flavors are strong and very tasty. Check it out.

Mike-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread