Newbie: Need Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpassi

Mar 19, 2011
Chicago
Hello,

I'm new to e-cigs. I recently ordered a Volcano Magma and have only smoked a few analogs over the last month -- since receiving my Magma. I'm quickly becoming annoyed by Volcano's support, however, and am contemplating moving to a two-part (battery & cartomizer) system. Any suggestions? I want something that's efficient and easy to use, as well as effective at preventing me from wanting analogs (e.g., good throat hit, decent enough vapor production). I've been considering a Vapor King from V4L or a Breath Fresh, but have read mixed reviews of both products.

Thanks!
Joe

Hello Joe. Nice too hear you are kicking the analog habit. Me too. 5 weeks since I had a cigarette after smoking for almost 30 years. Based on lot's of youtube videos, I chose the Tornado-T from Totally Wicked. It uses a 1.1ml tank cartridge; just drip into the tank, attach to the atty and go! Super simple. 3.7v, 650 or 1000 MaH battery and you can vape all day.

The 510 Tornado atty with a reasonably high nicotine juice, 24mg or higher, will deliver a good throat hit. I was super impressed with Totally Wicked's customer service and have gotten most of my shipments in two days time.

I hope this helps,

-David

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Vapor king is a very good PV and might I add that V4L is an excellent vendor to do business with. I don't like the run around from anyone when I buy their products or use their services and don't get that from V4L.
BTW 510 refers to the thread design used. There is a 510, 901, 808 and 801 are the 4 major thread designs used by different manufacturers. The 808 and 901 use the same thread but vent differently.

Last edited:

pAth77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2010
Bay Area
Volcano Magma and Inferno are 510 threaded. The 510 number essentially indicates the type of threads that are used in its components. Rather than buying an entirely new unit, I agree that you should just try out some 510 cartos. Since you are using a standard size batt (I think magmas are around 180mah), you should not use low resistance cartos. Stay above 2.0 ohms.

Volcano customer service is not what it used to be. I started off with a Magma and eventually got an Inferno. Their CS was great a year ago, but they are completely horrible now.

jpassi

Mar 19, 2011
Chicago
Thanks for all of the information! As suggested, I'd like to try some cartomizers before moving to a whole new system. Can I ask which vendors are best for 510 cartomizers? So far I have http://www.liquidxpress.com. Also, I'm almost out of Volcano cartridges; is there any vendor that ships extremely fast (i.e. 2-3 days) at a reasonable price?

jpassi

Mar 19, 2011
Chicago
Also, per pAth77's comments about Volcano's customer support, I have had a similar experience. One of the batteries with my starter kit was defective and I have yet to receive a replacement, even though I sent it in to be serviced more than 2 weeks ago. Every time I call Volcano's customer support hotline I'm redirected to a voice mail. Someone usually calls me back within a day or two, but the lack of immediacy is annoying and has led to me being out of cartridges (since their last shipment to me was lost...probably USPS's fault, but I will still associate negative feelings toward Volcano). I don't want to start smoking again!!!

pAth77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2010
Bay Area
If you have a bottle of juice, all you need to do is add a few drops to the cartridge until the polyfill is saturated; I think I used to be able to get 10-15 drops into an empty cartridge. That should hold you over until you get your cartomizers. As for cartomizers, I usually buy from puresmokers, but that's because I only buy stainless steel cartos (the ones without the black sticky paper wrapper). All the ECF supported vendors pretty much send orders out within 24hours. Just go to the top of the page and click on the "Forum Suppliers" link.

pAth77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2010
Bay Area
I lived in Chicago for 3 years before moving to Omaha (3 years ago), and I go out there once a month (I'm actually headed there next weekend). I know that there are a lot of Chicago vapers here on ECF so hopefully one of them will see this thread and hook you up with a bottle. I don't know of any place there that sells juice so your only other option would be to go out and find a bottle of USP propylene glycol (I've heard that Walmart, and some pharmacies carry it) and some bottles of flavor (usually found in baking sections).

ShannonA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2011
Tyler, Tx
Hello,

I'm new to e-cigs. I recently ordered a Volcano Magma and have only smoked a few analogs over the last month -- since receiving my Magma. I'm quickly becoming annoyed by Volcano's support, however, and am contemplating moving to a two-part (battery & cartomizer) system. Any suggestions? I want something that's efficient and easy to use, as well as effective at preventing me from wanting analogs (e.g., good throat hit, decent enough vapor production). I've been considering a Vapor King from V4L or a Breath Fresh, but have read mixed reviews of both products.

Thanks!
Joe

The good news is the magma is a rebranded 510. If your battery works ok you can just get 510 cartomizers for it. You can buy them practically anywhere. I get mine from Nhaler. Many people like madvapes but I've had touch and go luck with their stuff their CS is good though and shipping is quick. Gotvapes is another highly regarded vendor you can get 510 parts from.

ShannonA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2011
Tyler, Tx
Volcano Magma and Inferno are 510 threaded. The 510 number essentially indicates the type of threads that are used in its components. Rather than buying an entirely new unit, I agree that you should just try out some 510 cartos. Since you are using a standard size batt (I think magmas are around 180mah), you should not use low resistance cartos. Stay above 2.0 ohms.

Volcano customer service is not what it used to be. I started off with a Magma and eventually got an Inferno. Their CS was great a year ago, but they are completely horrible now.

I think they may have gotten too big too fast but that's just a guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread