Newbie here

Status
Not open for further replies.

kissprof

ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2013
Illinois
Just found this forum. I was a smoker for almost 20 years, loved every minute of it. Quit about 10 years ago. Recently been having huge cravings to the point where I was afraid I was going to give in. My wife had told me that she was taking the kids on a vacation with her father in a few weeks, and that really scared me. All of my thoughts were centered around smoking again while they were gone. When I quit, I quit for her. She's very anti-smoking.

Long story short, in order to not smoke again, I bought an e-cig, brand EZ-Cig. I really enjoy it, and I don't see how I would ever want to pick up a real cigarette again.

I guess my first question is, I really enjoy what I bought, but I see thinga can get really complicated if you want them to. Is there a huge difference between buying an EZ-Cig off the counter and getting all wrapped up in the complications of drips/carts/whatnot? Is the extra work worth it, I guess is what I am asking.

Thanks.

brock957

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2013
Powder Springs GA
It's really a mater of how far you want to go and what works for you. I don't buy exspenive gear. But I buy good gear. For most of us it has become a hobby. I have a Vamo v2 which I like with a protank on it. I just got a KTS clone and a sigelei 19b. I have rebuildable atamizors for them. There is a better vape from these over cigalikes and ego style ecigs.

jrgleason2003

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2013
Clayton, NC
vaperinthewild.com
Just found this forum. I was a smoker for almost 20 years, loved every minute of it. Quit about 10 years ago. Recently been having huge cravings to the point where I was afraid I was going to give in. My wife had told me that she was taking the kids on a vacation with her father in a few weeks, and that really scared me. All of my thoughts were centered around smoking again while they were gone. When I quit, I quit for her. She's very anti-smoking.

Long story short, in order to not smoke again, I bought an e-cig, brand EZ-Cig. I really enjoy it, and I don't see how I would ever want to pick up a real cigarette again.

I guess my first question is, I really enjoy what I bought, but I see thinga can get really complicated if you want them to. Is there a huge difference between buying an EZ-Cig off the counter and getting all wrapped up in the complications of drips/carts/whatnot? Is the extra work worth it, I guess is what I am asking.

Thanks.
Hi Kissprof and welcome! I started with the "cig-a-likes" too (Mine was a V2) but recently made the transition to something bigger and better really. I just wasn't satisfied with what the flavor. In vaping, you can make it as simple or confusing as you want. I purchased an iTaste express kit which allows for "ego" threading and "510" threading for your cartos or clearomizer. It also have variable watts and voltage so I can determine the kind of hit that is best for me!

Ialso ended up purchasing a Kanger T3 Clearomizer. When I received it all, I dumped some e juice in the clearomizer and took a puff and WOW, it was a world of difference. The flavor was outstanding compared to my V2. So I guess my answers is YES, the extra work and research was worth it! You have a great resource here at this forum, so ask any and all questions you need! People are very helpful here and want to see people stop smoking permanently! Good luck with everything!

jfrich

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
Texas Hill Country
kissprof welcome to the forum and as with jrgleason2003 the V2 was one of the Cig-A-Likes I used before switching to an inexpensive ego setup. It is a world of difference between the Cig-A-Likes and a true Vaping rig, and I would suggest finding a B&M to tryout various setups. This hobby can be as inexpensive or as expensive as your budget, and needs allow. It's defiantly worth the time looking into better devices especially if you think you might slide back to the stinkies.

jfrich:

wandawag

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2013
jacksonville, florida
welcome to ecf. whatever you choose to keep you off the stinkies! i have both the cig a like (halo g6 kit) where you can add your own juice or buy prefilled carts for it, and i use for all day is a 1300mah ego-c battery with a ce5 on it. very easy to fill, inexpensive, lots of vapor. post more so that you can go anywhere on the forum. good luck, and ask away!

kissprof

ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2013
Illinois
welcome to ecf. whatever you choose to keep you off the stinkies! i have both the cig a like (halo g6 kit) where you can add your own juice or buy prefilled carts for it, and i use for all day is a 1300mah ego-c battery with a ce5 on it. very easy to fill, inexpensive, lots of vapor. post more so that you can go anywhere on the forum. good luck, and ask away!

Thanks all. Most of your terminology means very little to me, at this point. I just like to "smoke" without smoking.

Has anyone else tried the EZ-CIG that I am currently using? How does it compare to the Blu, specifically menthol?

AgentAnia

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
Orbiting Sirius B
Welcome in, kissprof! As others have said here, vaping can be as simple or as complicated as you want it to be, and as expensive or as inexpensive, it's up to you. As a start if you haven't already, hop over to ECF's InfoZone (New e-cigarette users Archives - ECF InfoZone), where there's a lot of help and information for new vapers (most of the lingo is explained, a good start! :)

If you decide you want to stay with cigalikes, think about getting a long battery and a refillable "clearomizer" and some e-liquid. This will be a lot less expensive in the long run than prefilled cartridges, and with refillables, you have a much greater choice of flavors. Very simple to use, as well. I haven't tried EZ-CIG or Blu, and frankly most people here will recommend you upgrade, but remember: Whatever keeps you off the cigs is a good system!

When/if you decide to upgrade, this forum has all the information you'll need to make that decision. Never be reluctant to ask questions!

Last edited:

kissprof

ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2013
Illinois
What type of commitment do you want to put into it?

Right now I am just happy that I get to "smoke" without all of the hassles, like the smell, not being able to breathe, dirty looks, and insurance hikes. I don't want to do all kinds of extra work with educating myself on this complicated topic if at the end of that work I have something that I enjoy the same as the "EZ Cig" disposables.

belsenj

ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2013
East Northport, NY USA
One of my favorite cig lookalikes is the FIN from Wal-Mart, but the problem with that is that I haven't been able to find the refills around anywhere else. You can get the kit to start, which has 2 rechargeable batteries, with 3 screw on cartos (refills), which contain the juice. When the cartos are empty, you can go and buy a new 5 pack. This is without a doubt some of the tastiest and enjoyable e-cigs I have had, and extremely simple too... The refills are supposed to equal 2 packs each, but they are real shy of that amount...and for that reason I went and got myself something a little more substantial that I can refill myself. The refills probably only contain enough juice to equal 3/4 of a pack I am betting.

If you have a Wal-Mart nearby, I would try this kit. It's a very good "2nd step" after using the disposables.

Jazzi Mike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2013
Michigan
The issue with the gas station disposables (like the EZ cig) is numerous:
1. They lack in nicotine (as far as I'm concerned).
2. They don't last as long as a pack, despite what many seem to say.
3. They are expensive.
4. They do not have the flavor or depth that I'm looking for.

Given the things wrong with the disposables, they are convenient. There are a lot of members here that swear by NJoy Kings. Basically, you wouldn't buy a meal from a gas station unless it was necessary. It's pretty much the same thing for vaping. It is much more convenient to buy a disposable from a gas station. It is only worth it if convenience is the most important thing to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread