Not open for further replies.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Hello and welcome.

The juice could have just run down the sides and looks like it's coming out of the bottom. You might try wrapping it in paper towels and try to soak as much up as possible. Even q-tips to get into the tighter spots. If it fires then should be fine.
I can agree. If it really is coming out the battery vent holes... that would worry me. However, juice is non conductive. It isn't likely to blow up, I don't think, just not work if it's soaked. But maybe it's not inside the casing and just looks like it is. Try drying it off and see what you think.

Reactions: Denvap0r

Denvap0r

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2014
Colorado
I can agree. If it really is coming out the battery vent holes... that would worry me. However, juice is non conductive. It isn't likely to blow up, I don't think, just not work if it's soaked. But maybe it's not inside the casing and just looks like it is. Try drying it off and see what you think.

Yes, the juice is non-conductive, IMO, the only thing it might do is just cause it to not fire if blocking a contact somewhere.

Bryce87i

• Aug 9, 2015
    Oregon
    I once had a similar incident a long while back (at that time I was using an aspire nautilus on a vamo v5). I went to pick up my device and realized juice was everywhere.. It seemed as though the liquid was coming from the battery compartment, but in reality it was only because the battery compartment was on the bottom of the device, so naturally a leaky tank would make it seem that way lol. Anyhow, after a simple clean-up, all was well.. But I suggest giving your device a good tear-down, clean it up nice and good, and then when you put it back together remember the golden rule - tighten everything only until good and snug, and then stop. In other words, don't over-tighten! Over-tightening can actually cause leaks.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread