ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2011
Terra firma
People get the government they deserve

Simply stating it ...
Your vote is negated by the majority
who are "Low Information Voters"

This also applies to the e-cigarette movement

Votes dont make any difference, democracy is an illusion, money makes the difference.
From a quote I saw today which encapsulates todays world (and yesterdays)

“It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it."
Upton Sinclair

Anjaffm

Dragon Lady
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Germany
Hey. Wait...

My generation fought to have all the 21 age limit stuff moved back to 18 for the aforementioned fighting and dying reasons.

... is wrong with people?

I hear ya!
Sometimes, when I speak with people who are younger than me, I get the feeling that those people and I are not even on the same planet. "I saw it on TV, so it must be right" Yeah... sure... :blink:

Last edited:

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
Votes dont make any difference, democracy is an illusion, money makes the difference.
From a quote I saw today which encapsulates todays world (and yesterdays)

“It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it."
Upton Sinclair
True !!
Money, not morality, is the principle commerce of civilized nations.
Thomas Jefferson

Anjaffm

Dragon Lady
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Germany
Yes, Uma, I understand.
But I myself am far beyond the point of feeling any emotion about what new silliness and Nannying "those up there" think up now. Except a cold feeling of contempt.

And I am very happy indeed that I am no longer young and that I will not have unlimited time, that I will not have many, many decades in which I would have to live - and work - in this nightmare that they are creating. Out of what we thought would be a great world. When we were young.

Technology, as it is now, has by far overtaken the wildest imaginations of earlier days.
So has repression from above.
Nineteen-eighty-four

Thank you, but no thank you.

Uma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2010
Calif

Anjaffm

Dragon Lady
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Germany
wow, that girl is amazing! :thumbs:
But then... you know.. when adults are treated like stupid sheep who cannot make decisions for themselves... who need to be told what to eat, what to drink (and how much, remember that attempted ban on those big soft drink portions)... and especially what to think.. . why on earth should young people be treated any differently? To those in power, if people are sheep, then young people are just lambs... growing up to be led to the slaughter, fattened on nonsense and lies.

This may sound cold. But this is what I have come to believe, by what I see.

Uma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2010
Calif
wow, that girl is amazing! :thumbs:
But then... you know.. when adults are treated like stupid sheep who cannot make decisions for themselves... who need to be told what to eat, what to drink (and how much, remember that attempted ban on those big soft drink portions)... and especially what to think.. . why on earth should young people be treated any differently? To those in power, if people are sheep, then young people are just lambs... growing up to be led to the slaughter, fattened on nonsense and lies.

This may sound cold. But this is what I have come to believe, by what I see.

I know, right.

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
LowInfoSheep_zps4037fc24.jpg

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/31/n...-raise-tobacco-purchasing-age-to-21.html?_r=0

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/30/new-york-e-cigarette_n_4177361.html

Given this is the mayor that made it illegal to sell a soda pop larger than 16oz there is little doubt that he will sign it.

No 2 liters? I am a little confused, it is not the soda pop but the size of the container? Was this a plan to reduce consumption? Someone can get 2 16oz bottles then. I had not heard of this one. Amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread