New XL batteries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
They are improved..longer cutoff times. LED's vary, but if you like a certain color, request it with your order. You will have better luck if you you give them 2 choices..like green or blue. I just say "anything but orange!"
The up date thread will tell you the LED colors when new ones come in. (No new Extra longs for a while though)

MachoKing

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Missouri
I have four of the XL batteries and they are awesome. I've bought a few of the regs and shortys in the last few weeks but I still always carry around the XL's. I have one of the old style Xl batts and it's good too but the new ones have a better draw so you get more vapor and a more fulfilling hit. Unless the extra buck matters to you, I'd highly reccomend the newer ones over the older ones.

Most of the time I rock my extra long purple because I'm macho enough to get away with it.

HippyJonny

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2010
Northern California
Funny, I just ordered an XL automatic this afternoon. I didn't notice that it said "NEW".

The batteries I use are both manual and regular length. I'm hoping to get more life by using an XL. Also, I went with automatic because after trying my girlfriends auto, I noticed a more smooth hit. Has anyone else noticed this?

SnowDragon

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Boise, Idaho
I remember reading something about air hole size and cut-off times, perhaps "Improved" might be a more appropriate descriptor than "New". In any case I can never pass up a sale and just ordered some juice and a Copper XL Manual. I mention the color, because the colors dictate the best performance and the Copper lasts 96 hours.....joking, joking!

poisonette

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2010
Ohio
I ordered 3 of these, all auto. The cool-carts may or may not fit on each battery. No cool-carts fit on my blue batt, only 1 cool-cart fit on my purple batt, & the black one stripped 3 cool-carts threading. I didn't notice much of a charge-life difference than my 180mAh batt and they were too heavy & long for my preference.

But V4L's excellent customer service is letting me return them.

JustMeAgain

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2009
Springfield, MO
I ordered 3 of these, all auto. The cool-carts may or may not fit on each battery. No cool-carts fit on my blue batt, only 1 cool-cart fit on my purple batt, & the black one stripped 3 cool-carts threading. I didn't notice much of a charge-life difference than my 180mAh batt and they were too heavy & long for my preference.

But V4L's excellent customer service is letting me return them.

Poisonette, you mean they're letting you return the batteries, not the cartos, right?

I just ordered three of these, too, and now I'm concerned about the cool carts fitting.

Anybody else having problems with threads on these batteries with cool carts?

TrashcanCandy

ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2010
St. Rose, LA
www.facebook.com
There were problems with threads on batteries working with threads on cartos because of different manufacturers or something like that. It's not that big a deal. Just use some fine grained sandpaper to smooth the threads on the batteries a bit, and keep trying to screw the carto on until you've sanded the threads down enough.

jtcaseyjr

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2010
Oak Harbor, WA
There were problems with threads on batteries working with threads on cartos because of different manufacturers or something like that. It's not that big a deal. Just use some fine grained sandpaper to smooth the threads on the batteries a bit, and keep trying to screw the carto on until you've sanded the threads down enough.

Steel Wool works well too. I used it on a battery once and it worked. So now I keep it wround just in case :)

JustMeAgain

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2009
Springfield, MO

Steel Wool works well too. I used it on a battery once and it worked. So now I keep it wround just in case :)

Whew, that's a relief...I've had the odd carto that just didn't want to screw on easily, and kept working it until it went on. Using a bit sandpaper or steel wool is no biggie. I was under the impression they wouldn't fit at all.

Thanks, you guys, for putting my mind at ease.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread