New Wicking Technique

NicholasLawrence

May 16, 2023
This is a wicking technique I came up with while getting frustrated with traditional wicking with my Zeus rda. IMG_3105.jpeg IMG_3106.jpeg IMG_3107.jpeg As you’ll see from the pictures the wick is not going through the coil but rather underneath it. It creates a large pillow of cotton which works great and last a long time. In this particular cycle I put an excess amount of cotton but still works great, holds a lot of liquid and has great flavor. I didn’t have high expectations but it works great.. I hope a few of you try out this new technique and enjoy it. Any questions or criticisms are welcome.
IMG_3105.jpeg
IMG_3106.jpeg
IMG_3107.jpeg

NicholasLawrence

May 16, 2023
Hi and welcome,

Pillow wick!
Nice blast from the past!

Cheers
I
hello! Thanks for the welcome.

Oh, Have you seen this wicking style before?

No matter how much I’ve searched, I can only seem to find examples of wicking through the coil itself. If anyone does give this a go, it will be referred to as “Pillow Wick” haha!

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain

Cheers
I

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

NicholasLawrence

May 16, 2023
Hello @NicholasLawrence and welcome to the ECF. :)

I've tried many wicking techniques with my RBA's since 2012. I have always had the best performance with running a wick through the coil.
Hey! Thanks for the welcome.

I agree that most wicking techniques are great and just work fine, I just got back into vaping personally. I started back around the same time (2012) and was building my own coils, I’d wick them through the coil with no issues but since I got back into vaping recently I’ve been purchasing pre-wrapped Alien Clapton coils which I’ve noticed are smaller wraps than how I used to wrap them.. long story short, I couldn’t for the life of me find the right thickness of wick to prevent it disintegrating after a half day of use.. it was unbelievably frustrating as I had already felt pretty confident with vape builds ect.

This pillow wick has really helped a lot! I can now go days with the same cotton getting big, clean and flavorful hits. So thought I’d share either to help someone going through what I went through or spark some fun for builders who haven’t tried it yet.

All the best! ✌❤️

Users who are viewing this thread