New Version 510 C-E2 Ceramic Cartomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonypilot7

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
Portland, OR
So far so good. The only one that has leaked was the one with the narrow ptb inserts. It leaked out the battery side though, so I must have dislodged the center stem when I inserted the Ptb's

(edit)

Scratch that method. I started to get the dry cart taste, but the cart wasn't empty. I added ptb but was still getting the bad taste and no flavor.

I sacrificed the cart and did an autopsy and found that when you unravel the wick, it will slide out from inside the coil. I ended up with a bunch of wadded up fibers in the cart reservoir, but very few that were still connected. When I put the ptb's in place, it pulled more out from inside the coil.

Last edited:

Fish Juice

ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2009
Texas
Yes guys, I forgot to mention why i did not like the unraveling method. it can be done succesfully but its pain once you start cleaning and reinserting ptb.
it can cause strands to pull out form the coil area

Well I never used mine long enough to clean. I stooped using them when I found glue inside.
Guess I will go back to the ptb inserts when I get my mine replaced.

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
OK you guys (badkolo & Fish juice).. now you got me worried.... strands pulling out from the coiling area & glue?!?
I've purchased both size (reg & XL) Royal Smoker's brand ceramic cartos & I've refilled them several times... I'm unable to see any wicking material due to a layer of what appears to be clear 'rubber' or 'plastic'.. this is the one that has to the two small syringe injector holes for refilling? My cartos are stainless steel.. they have a white rubber 'end cap'... a clear rubber 'O' ring that you re-insert after filling to help prevent leaking, and then they have a transparent rubber or plastic disk with 2 tiny syringe holes for injecting nic juice. Are these the same Cartos you Guys are discussing? These are working great for me, but I have noticed with the 'shorter' size cartos I'm not getting the initial flavor & throat hit as I was initially. It's still good but not 'like dripping' which is what I was experiencing from the first fill. However, I was initially using a 50/50 pg/vg juice on the shorter cartos and I've used only pg based juice on the XL and it's still performing 'like dripping' after several re-fills... so what are we dealing with here? (lol) I really don't know if it's vg based juices that fail to wick these properly or whether it has nothing to do with juices at all but a design issue? (lol) I've attempted (without success) to remove the transparent disk that is affixed directly over the coil area so I can actually 'see' this wicking material you Guys keep referencing, but I just can't seem to be able to do it.. it's almost like it's stuck... is this disc 'glued' in place or could this be the 'glue' itself you're referencing Fish Juice? I just hope these 'issues' can be addressed because I really like these XL E2 Cartos better by far over any other vaping method I've tried (and I've tried them all!) I vaped all day yesterday on an XL E2 Carto w/eGo battery with my PG based juices and it was just indescribably (dripping style) good (without dripping) all day! I didn't have to carry extra juice or chargers or anything. Wish I could 'see' inside of one of these so I could understand the technological references you Guys are making. Can someone post a photo (larger than a thumbnail pic) of one of these Cartos exposing the wicking material & atty?

Turbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2009
Southeast/USA
'fishjuice' was referring to a shipment of supposed r4's that were test cartos and shouldn't have been sent out. r3 shouldn't have any glue. 'bad' was referring to a mod where you cut the wick loops and twist the fibers, so no worry there.

The transparent ring w/ two holes is the filler ring. If you disturb it you chance leaking but it's possible to re seat. Of course there's 'bad's PTB mod to help w/ that too. I've been leaving mine in place and have not had leaking. I have one dedicated to science and will mod it for s&g's...lol

For the ones not working as well when new it's probably 'gunk' buildup. You can clean/dry burn that off. If it's real bad it may take a few cycles to get clean.

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
These E2's from COV ('Clouds of Vapor') are INSANE on both my 510 batteries and my eGO! It's like 'dripping' with a traditional 510 atty while hitting the 'sweet spot' every time. I'm getting CLOUDS of insane vapor... tons of FLAVOR and good throat hit.. not quite what I get with my traditional 510 attys, but it's sweet and close enough to satisfy me.. and NO other carto to date has done that for me! I'm impressed and I was prepared NOT to be impressed... (lol)

I just now edited the 'crap' out of my initial post regarding these XL E2 ceramic Cartos because, frankly, I'm embarrassed to have gotten so carried away with my 'initial' reaction to a product that I allowed it to cloud my better judgment, which usually means forgoing any type of feedback, opinion or review until I've thoroughly 'tested' same.

Remember the song by 'Bad Company' titled 'Good Lovin' Gone Bad?'... well... let's just say my 'Love Affair' with the E2 Cartos is officially over.. (lol) Not funny actually, this is very depressing as it started out so well.. I was really enjoying these.. but in all honesty these go bad very quickly... by the second fill for me anyways.. so if you're OK with one time use Cartos, these are great.... better than great, perfect, but by the second fill, at least for me, they begin to take on a 'smokey' taste, 'off' taste, perhaps 'chemical' taste.. I suppose that would be an accurate description if I truly knew what a 'chemical' tastes like.. (lol) However, before I digress further, the great 'close to dripping' flavor and throat hit degrades from the first few puffs onward. I use PG based RY4 juice, so I don't believe it's my juice creating a 'wicking' problem... I think it's more of a 'design' problem. Whatever it is, it doesn't 'get it' for me in the long run. I'm bummed. :(

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Whitestone , New York USA
I just now edited the 'crap' out of my initial post regarding these XL E2 ceramic Cartos because, frankly, I'm embarrassed to have gotten so carried away with my 'initial' reaction to a product that I allowed it to cloud my better judgment, which usually means forgoing any type of feedback, opinion or review until I've thoroughly 'tested' same.

Remember the song by 'Bad Company' titled 'Good Lovin' Gone Bad?'... well... let's just say my 'Love Affair' with the E2 Cartos is officially over.. (lol) Not funny actually, this is very depressing as it started out so well.. I was really enjoying these.. but in all honesty these go bad very quickly... by the second fill for me anyways.. so if you're OK with one time use Cartos, these are great.... better than great, perfect, but by the second fill, at least for me, they begin to take on a 'smokey' taste, 'off' taste, perhaps 'chemical' taste.. I suppose that would be an accurate description if I truly knew what a 'chemical' tastes like.. (lol) However, before I digress further, the great 'close to dripping' flavor and throat hit degrades from the first few puffs onward. I use PG based RY4 juice, so I don't believe it's my juice creating a 'wicking' problem... I think it's more of a 'design' problem. Whatever it is, it doesn't 'get it' for me in the long run. I'm bummed. :(

sounds like it isnt wicking well, try to remove the inner plugs. fluff the wick if you.
you can do the ptb method or you can use a lower volt battery.

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
sounds like it isnt wicking well, try to remove the inner plugs. fluff the wick if you.
you can do the ptb method or you can use a lower volt battery.

OK.. watched the vids.. the inner plugs are off, wicks have been trimmed & ptb is in place. I'll test this one for a day or two and get back with you.

Thanks! :)

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
OK.. watched the vids.. the inner plugs are off, wicks have been trimmed & ptb is in place. I'll test this one for a day or two and get back with you.

Thanks! :)
Great to hear , hope it works out for you.

I suggest until the R4 is in everyones hands that when you recieve any version from r3.5 and below the first thing that should be done is to dry burn it to ensure there is nothing left on the wick.
this will ensure a better taste since you wont be puffing through a wick that has primer on it.

im seeing many people are receiving the lower ohmed verison 510's e2.
that will get a metalic chemical taste, its not really a chemical taste though, this happens when i pump up the voltage, so 2 things, either a lower volt is needed like a riva,ego,hello or a variable device that goes below 3.2 volts.
or you need to use a higher ohmed e2 which the 808 xl e2 are and the new r4 which comes in higher ohms up to 3.2 ohms which will work fine at 3.7 and above and below.

OR
To get it to WORK RIGHT NOW on a 3.7 device then I suggest people take the few minutes it takes to watch the vid and do the ptb method, the reward is greater then the risk.
it solves all issues for me, no leaking and super wicking.
once ptb's you can take 1 second drags and gets huge vapor or take longer drags for intense action.

librarising

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2010
New York
Third time was almost a charm.

I bought the xl c-e2s a couple of weeks ago, 3 boxes of them, and the first one I tried didn't stop with the burning taste right out of the box. The second one, the same. I took the second one apart, cleaned it, did a dry burn and when I went to look closer it was all burnt and I fished out the wicks, and they were severely burnt as well.

I tried using an eGo Mega Atty/Cart, eGo Cartos. and regular carts but all the bother involved is a PITA.

Last night I decided to see if it was poor quality control in regard to the c-e2s after those first attempts, tried again. This time was almost a charm (it was glorious) until I had to refill. It had a slightly burnt taste. I opened it up, cleaned it, did the dry burn and this time it looked nice and clean. I decided to check out the wicks, and they were not burnt and I returned them to their place. I didn't bother putting the filler cap on, but did the middle piece and endcap (mouthpiece), and so far so good.

Since I had placed them aside, I bought the Lipton PTBs and have tried the cartridge mod, which is fabulous! I am going to try doing the PTB mod to an e2 tonight. :)

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
Blonde.... new vaping of the regular 808 E2's on a wetbox @ 3.7V.....I have had the EXACT same experience as you. I'm glad I only got 2 boxes....will be looking for PTB tomorrow at the grocery store!

Mine are from COV...2.5Ohm..no idea what version.

bones25, I don't know what version mine are either, but it did indicate on the COV website these were the NEW Ceramic XL E2 cartomizers.. whatever that meant! (lol)
I'm doing great with mine as long as you take the plugs all out... trim the wick as shown in the video, do the PTB wick modification, insert the PTB wicks and fill. On the very first refill I remove the plugs, the PTB wick mods and set those aside. I re-use mine, I just 'iron' them out with my fingernails... they're almost good as new again... I then wash the carto well under hot running water, blow it out good and do a 'dry burn' until the coil glows bright orange and burns all of the gunk off.. I do this rather slowly and it takes several (or more) dry burns before the 'gunk' burns off the wick and you start seeing like 'white ash' on the coil... then I rinse well under running hot water again... blow out again, insert the PTB.. refill, replace the three plugs & it's absolutely like the very first time again... (lol) Lots of work?... some... worth the effort?... for me yes :laugh:
I'm hoping these E2 Cartos have lifetimes comparable to my 510 attys... because I've never had a 510 atty go 'cold' or die completely and I started vaping 510s in March earlier this year... they just sort of get a little 'hard' to draw tho' and don't produce the vapor or flavor once they're older, if YKWIM?
I'm hanging with these Cartos for awhile to complete my research... I'll keep everyone posted on my thoughts and results as I go along.... :vapor:

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
I just did the PTB with the C-E2 and it's working! The taste was a bit off because of the primer (tried to blow it out..oh well) and it's getting better now, and lots of vapor. This is quite cool! :)

your main problem is the ohm of the e2 and the volts your using it at, thats why the ptb fixes that issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread