New vaper. Just bought a few flavors. Need suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WickBekasCebok

Sep 24, 2017
Hello ECF Users, I'm new to vaping and want to try mixing my own liquid. For that, I bought these flavors:
  • CAP Sweet Mango
  • TFA Strawberry Ripe
  • TFA Banana Ripe
  • TFA Double Chocholate (Clear)
  • TFA Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
My idea was mixing 1 or 2 fruit flavors with the Vanilla Bean Ice Cream. Any suggestion on recipe I can make out of these flavors? I'm not going to use nicotine yet because I don't have that right now. All suggestions are welcome. Thanks!

tazzle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Athens, Greece
You can try
  • 4% TFA Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
  • 6% TFA Strawberry Ripe
for a nice strawberry ice creamy vape. If you like that and the strength seems good, you might try

• 5% TFA Strawberry Ripe
  • 1% TFA Banana Ripe
I haven't tried CAP Sweet Mango and I'm not much of a chocolate fan for vaping, so maybe someone will have other ideas using those flavors. Welcome to the fun world of DIY!

WickBekasCebok

Sep 24, 2017
You can try
  • 6% TFA Strawberry Ripe
for a nice strawberry ice creamy vape. If you like that and the strength seems good, you might try

• 5% TFA Strawberry Ripe
  • 1% TFA Banana Ripe
I haven't tried CAP Sweet Mango and I'm not much of a chocolate fan for vaping, so maybe someone will have other ideas using those flavors. Welcome to the fun world of DIY!
Thank you! I will try that later.

Reactions: stols001

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hello ECF Users, I'm new to vaping and want to try mixing my own liquid. For that, I bought these flavors:
  • CAP Sweet Mango
  • TFA Strawberry Ripe
  • TFA Banana Ripe
  • TFA Double Chocholate (Clear) [Chocolate?]
  • TFA Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
My idea was mixing 1 or 2 fruit flavors with the Vanilla Bean Ice Cream. Any suggestion on recipe I can make out of these flavors? I'm not going to use nicotine yet because I don't have that right now. All suggestions are welcome. Thanks!
Welcome and glad you joined.
Admire your pluck to jump right into DIY. Most find it easier to settle down and break in their vape gear before trying DIY. Just don;t get discourage, it may take awhile to find a few decent mixes.
A quick word about TFA Doub Choc., some folks like it and some don't. I found it to be a good mixer but not so much as a standalone/single.
You have chosen a number of excellent flavors which you will no doubt continue to use in the future. All your flavors can be categorized as primaries. For mixing, you could couple each flavor (combos [BR+SR] work too, see tazze's recommended %'s) with VBIC.
Might want to taste and log each flavor as a standalone/single (after a day to 4 week steep) in order to determine strength, taste/desirability etc. prior to mixing.
You can always add the nic later to steeped mix, and re steep.
Before you spend money on any vape supplies, it's best to take advantage of the ECF search function in upper right hand corner of this post. Could type in "Banana Ripe".
Here is a quick look into DIY, might like to visit:
Getting Started: DIY 101 – Mixing Your Own eLiquid
diy_beginners_guide - DIY_eJuice
http://www.ecigexpress.com/shop/diy-e-liquid/diyordie-concentrates.html
http://www.ejuicemakers.com/help/
How to get started mixing your own DIY e liquids.
What you need to know as as far as supplies and safety for the first time juicer. | E-Cigarette Forum
Could read the stickies in this forum:
DIY E-Liquid

WickBekasCebok

Sep 24, 2017
Welcome and glad you joined.
Admire your pluck to jump right into DIY. Most find it easier to settle down and break in their vape gear before trying DIY. Just don;t get discourage, it may take awhile to find a few decent mixes.
A quick word about TFA Doub Choc., some folks like it and some don't. I found it to be a good mixer but not so much as a standalone/single.
You have chosen a number of excellent flavors which you will no doubt continue to use in the future. All your flavors can be categorized as primaries. For mixing, you could couple each flavor (combos [BR+SR] work too, see tazze's recommended %'s) with VBIC.
Might want to taste and log each flavor as a standalone/single (after a day to 4 week steep) in order to determine strength, taste/desirability etc. prior to mixing.
You can always add the nic later to steeped mix, and re steep.
Before you spend money on any vape supplies, it's best to take advantage of the ECF search function in upper right hand corner of this post. Could type in "Banana Ripe".
Here is a quick look into DIY, might like to visit:
Getting Started: DIY 101 – Mixing Your Own eLiquid
http://www.ecigexpress.com/shop/diy-e-liquid/diyordie-concentrates.html
http://www.ejuicemakers.com/help/
How to get started mixing your own DIY e liquids.
What you need to know as as far as supplies and safety for the first time juicer. | E-Cigarette Forum
Could read the stickies in this forum:
DIY E-Liquid
Thank you for your insights, man. It's very useful.

Reactions: BrotherBob

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
Here' some other information that might be helpful. It's mostly links provided by other members and consolidated. BrotherBob was a huge contributor to a lot of the links, he has the good stuff :)

It will download as a PDF.

Here are some additional recipes on a google drive.
DIY_Recipes.xls

Attachments

• DIY information.pdf
    493.9 KB · Views: 23

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'd say you're off to a good start. If there are flavors you are uncertain may be fantastic for combining, it was useful for me starting out with standalone flavors, then mixing them in my tank to get a sense of what went with what. I started out pretty low flavoring, and I did have to pour out some unvapable tanks, but with the liquids I had I started to get a sense of what types of things would work with what. I do find myself using slightly more percentages of flavor, and I did end up caving and purchasing a sweetener, but using this method I was able to get up to speed fairly quickly (I did read bunches of recipes but mainly for ideas). I then ordered a bunch more flavors and was able to fix/amend some of my earlier flavors, as well as mixing up a batch of 15 bottles that are steeping, but that I'm fairly confident I won't hate. I do write them down for posterity, but I mix the way I cook: I get a general idea of what I want, and then use ingredients and spices I have to hand to cook with.

I enjoyed getting to know mixing this way, and it was slower at first, but it really did give me a sense of what went well with what, and what WOULDN'T. I'm fairly confident in these new mixes as the ones that I amended turned out pretty much like what I was aiming for, which is a nice outcome. Unless it's a pickle flavored ejuice or something, with most of the flavorings I have now, I can make almost everything vapable and enjoyable, so I am kind of glad I approached it this way, though some folks prefer pre-measured recipes and get great outcomes that way, too.

Best of luck, I think you will have fun!

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread