New vaper here

Status
Not open for further replies.

adam13omb

Mar 29, 2013
Northwest AR
A hearty hello and good morning ECF. It's way too damn early (read: late) and I just came across you fine folks. I've been a smoker for thirteen years, and made the move to ecigs after my daughter was born in January. I figured she could use a father being around since my wife and I didn't have one when we were growing up. After a little bit of research I settled on a Smokeless Image Volt and am loving the vaping experience. I get the nicotine I crave in a reasonable facsimile of the analogs I've suffered with half my life. Plus they taste much better and leave me with clean smelling clothes! Just wanted to drop a short introduction and hope to meet some cool people here. :D

stacee jaxx

Moved On
Mar 6, 2013
I live in here
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Bye-bye ... again

fabricator4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Mackay, Qld. Australia
I'm also a new vaper - Two weeks today. I got a 510 auto battery and some nicotine liquid from Mister Ecigs to start. (mystery cigs, get it? :) I wasn't sure if I needed a fill kit for the cartomisers but found that they'd put one in for free anyway when they must have realised they had a noob on their hands - great customer service even if they are a little more expensive. It was good to deal with an Aussie company. They sent the wrong nicotine flavour due to a mix up with duplicate part numbers on their end, but the one they sent was OK and they sent some free samples to make up for it after I told them about the error.

It wasn't too long (2 days in fact) that I realised I needed something bigger and more rugged, and got an Ego-C type setup and a CE4 type cartomiser and now I'm in chain vaping heaven.

I've also found Vaping Cobra and ordered a swag of stuff today including an Ego-C twist battery and some flavour concentrates, DIY equipment, bases etc. but it won't be here until Wednesday I guess. The prices are amazing if the quality is any good at all. It should be - they seem to be enthusiest vapers that test all their own products and sell stuff that just works. I hope their service is as good as Mister Ecigs as they are right on my doorstep in comparison. I've got my eye on their VV mod for $55.

Chris

PS, should have been more clear about the nicotine products from Mr Ecigs. They make it here, but ship it over to NZ. You then have to get on their NZ website and order it after which it is shipped back to you in Oz. Crazy. Their nicotine liquids are $15 for a 30ml bottle in low, medium or high strength. I've written reviews for everthing I've tried so far.

Last edited:

adam13omb

Mar 29, 2013
Northwest AR
Yeah she's really awesome! Originally we were told we wouldn't be able to have children so we had given up completely. Then my wife suddenly started getting really sick all the time with no reason. We had taken plenty of pregnancy tests before and they had all come back negative so we weren't going to bother getting our hopes up. Finally she caved in and bought a couple of tests. She took them and woke me up screaming one Saturday morning. We went to IHOP to celebrate! Then 9ish months later we welcomed Olivia Quinn into the world. I had really wanted to quit smoking before she was born but just couldn't bring myself to do it until now.

adam13omb

Mar 29, 2013
Northwest AR
I'm also a new vaper - Two weeks today. I got a 510 auto battery and some nicotine liquid from Mister Ecigs to start. (mystery cigs, get it? :) I wasn't sure if I needed a fill kit for the cartomisers but found that they'd put one in for free anyway when they must have realised they had a noob on their hands - great customer service even if they are a little more expensive. It was good to deal with an Aussie company. They sent the wrong nicotine flavour due to a mix up with duplicate part numbers on their end, but the one they sent was OK and they sent some free samples to make up for it after I told them about the error.

It wasn't too long (2 days in fact) that I realised I needed something bigger and more rugged, and got an Ego-C type setup and a CE4 type cartomiser and now I'm in chain vaping heaven.

I've also found Vaping Cobra and ordered a swag of stuff today including an Ego-C twist battery and some flavour concentrates, DIY equipment, bases etc. but it won't be here until Wednesday I guess. The prices are amazing if the quality is any good at all. It should be - they seem to be enthusiest vapers that test all their own products and sell stuff that just works. I hope their service is as good as Mister Ecigs as they are right on my doorstep in comparison. I've got my eye on their VV mod for $55.

Chris

Well I've had this 78mm Volt batt for about two weeks now and it has really lasted me. I don't have any desire to smoke analogs at all which is surprising considering I was a pack a day guy. I'm also somehow able to make this batt last 24 hours at a time. I guess I don't vape on it as much as I smoked. I am however already ready to move up from SI's carts to their CE3 carts so I can fill them with my own choice of flavors. Really interested in trying Mt. Baker Vapor's Gummy Bear flavor. Dunno why but it just sounds really appealing.

cherrycakes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2013
Scranton, PA
Yeah she's really awesome! Originally we were told we wouldn't be able to have children so we had given up completely. Then my wife suddenly started getting really sick all the time with no reason. We had taken plenty of pregnancy tests before and they had all come back negative so we weren't going to bother getting our hopes up. Finally she caved in and bought a couple of tests. She took them and woke me up screaming one Saturday morning. We went to IHOP to celebrate! Then 9ish months later we welcomed Olivia Quinn into the world. I had really wanted to quit smoking before she was born but just couldn't bring myself to do it until now.

Aww that's so great! I'm glad to hear it, I have fertility issues too. My mother did as well. She finally had me after a long expensive round of fertility meds. I'm so glad it worked out for you, I know how heart-wrenching it can be to try and try with no results. lol

adam13omb

Mar 29, 2013
Northwest AR
Aww that's so great! I'm glad to hear it, I have fertility issues too. My mother did as well. She finally had me after a long expensive round of fertility meds. I'm so glad it worked out for you, I know how heart-wrenching it can be to try and try with no results. lol

I'm sorry to hear about that, but it's good to know we aren't alone. It really was rocky times for us, but things are much better now. Have you managed to have any children yet? God I forgot how quick forums can be. I went back to the new members section and saw I had like 3 more replies, I was like "Whoa crazy". I haven't been on forums in years. Last time was I think Cobalt and Calcium and their community was just toxic as all get out so I just gave up on it.

cherrycakes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2013
Scranton, PA
Not yet but I have been going and getting a bunch of blood work done. I have PCOS so once they figure out what's wrong hopefully they can treat it. I switched OB-GYNS because I wasn't happy with the old one. I couldn't get 5 minutes to talk to him about trying to get pregnant - he was in the door out the door.
Waiting until next month for my next appointment with the new obgyn my family doctor recommended :)
Most of the people here are really friendly and helpful. They keep the controversial/iffy topics in the "outside" forum
and I need to stop going there, I only get upset lol

adam13omb

Mar 29, 2013
Northwest AR
My wife has PCOS as well, and together we have done a boatload of research on it. It's so weird cause she's a twin, but her sister doesn't have it at all. I hope you have better luck with the new OB. I know its really difficult to find one you're comfortable with. It definitely helps to have a good rapport between the two of you, and for them to have a good bedside manner. My wife really lucked out with hers.

Adam! Welcome! What a wonderful story; she's truly a blessing. :) Congrats for making the switch from cigs to vaping. I'm in the process myself of quitting, so hearing that someone was able to do this after 13 years, wow! From what I read, the volt is a great e-cig to start with. Please let us know how its working for you; I was considering getting a cig-look alike to keep with me for when I'm in public and don't want to answer questions about my ego twist, and also for when I need something that reminds me more of what I'm used to (as I quit). How long do the batteries last for you? Did you get a manual or an automatic?

adam13omb

Mar 29, 2013
Northwest AR
Adam! Welcome! What a wonderful story; she's truly a blessing. :) Congrats for making the switch from cigs to vaping. I'm in the process myself of quitting, so hearing that someone was able to do this after 13 years, wow! From what I read, the volt is a great e-cig to start with. Please let us know how its working for you; I was considering getting a cig-look alike to keep with me for when I'm in public and don't want to answer questions about my ego twist, and also for when I need something that reminds me more of what I'm used to (as I quit). How long do the batteries last for you? Did you get a manual or an automatic?

Good for you! I hope you have great luck in your quitting process. I didn't do a whole hell of a lot of research before I decided on the Volt. I literally asked /r/electronic_cigarette on Reddit what they thought and the first response was for Smokeless Image. So I just went with that. The starter kit was the same price I would spend in a week on analogs so the wife approved the purchase and it arrived fairly quickly. I went cold turkey as soon as I took my first puff.

I went with the 78mm manual battery; black with red LED tip. I would have gone for a less analog color for the tip but red is my favorite color and pretty much everything I own is in a black/red motif so I just ran with it. According to Smokeless Image the battery I got will last me up to 3 hours but I only have to charge this thing when I go to bed at night. It lasts me all day. I do use the high nicotine cartomizers so that might be part of it. The other part is that I just don't have the urge to drag on the Volt nearly as much as I used to go outside for smokes. It lets me spend more time with my girls, and get way more time in on my Xbox when they are napping or not at home.

From the things I've learned since I started vaping, and the advice of friends I would definitely recommend you carry a cig-a-like with you. It weighs just a little more, and feels unwieldy at first but you'll get used to it quickly. I usually hold my volt between my fingers, and puff on it as needed. It keeps me from craving analogs. In fact I have a nearly full pack of Camels sitting on my desk right next to me. My mom bought it for me while I was waiting for the ecig to come in and I haven't felt like throwing it away and wasting her money. I also haven't felt any need to take one out and smoke it. It's just reminding me of my goal, and its keeping me on target. That and the Volt. Christ I'm rambling, it just feels good to talk to likeminded people.

fabricator4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Mackay, Qld. Australia
I don't have any urge to smoke tobacco either. I was a rollie smoker and as soon as I woke up I'd be out the door before I could even walk straight, to have my first rollie of the day. I think there's more in tobacco than nicotine that causes cravings - I found the need for an early morning tobacco fix fortunately disappeared after the first week. (Come to think of it, the dizzy, can't walk straight, "I desperately need a ... to wake up" feeling disappeared about a week ago too!)

Gummi Bear might be interesting, or you might hate it. Give it a go anyway :)

I'm finding the strong tobacco flavours best for all day use, with a few others thrown in to give the taste buds a rest and keep it interesting. I did get an apple and cinnamon flavour but oscillate between hating it, being able to tolerate it, and actually finding it not too bad. The best alternatives I've found for me are the coffee flavours and a cherry cigar which is more cherry than cigar. The Bank Rollie flavour from Mister Ecigs is a close as you'd want to get to a real tobacco flavour, and completely identifiable as Bank. It might become my regular vape unless the RV4 flavour concentrate I've got coming is a bigger hit.

Chris

cherrycakes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2013
Scranton, PA
If you've recently switched to vaping your taste buds will be a little iffy for the first two weeks or so. They normally recommend switching between different flavors and trying STRONG flavors, like menthol, coffee, black licorice, etc.
I've found that I like a lot of flavors with cinnamon in them. I don't know why but those seem to be my favorites.
I really like three : dirty horchata from the vapor girl which is a spicy flavor (horchata is a Mexican rice milk drink with cinnamon in it btw)
, chica's churro from vapor bomb (which is more sweet cinnamon), and chai latte from virgin vapors. the last one comes in either sweet or spicy depending upon what you like. I get the sweet kind because I'm a wuss lol.
If you like smoking cloves, I liked ares e-cigs' black clove and vanilla clove. to me they tasted a lot like djarum black cloves and that's what I kept using the first two weeks. Lol after that I was pretty sick of it but it kept me from wanting to smoke a real cigarette :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread