New to vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Hmmmm, so that's what's wrong with @suprtrkr .... using too many mechs lol ...... Nah Cory, you can't go wrong taking advice from @suprtrkr as he will steer you right. All the debate about mechs vs. regulated just boils down to personal preference is all. Although regulated mods tend to be safer to operate and require less knowledge than mechs. Be safe and have fun.

Cory Smith

Mar 29, 2016
    I hope that you're willing to do extensive research and a toooon of reading before getting into mech mods. Over the last couple months I've probably done multiple days of reading or more (articles, guides, tons of forums, pages on ohm's law, etc) as I am relatively new as well, and I still don't feel comfortable with using a device that is unregulated as of yet.

I believe personally one should expand their knowledge and experience through the course of a few months at least before attempting to dwell into the more experienced and dangerous part of vaping, unregulated mods. That's my opinion though, especially considering you are saying you're a brand new vaper, I'm sure others would advise the same thing. There's a lot of things to learn, and one can only absorb so much knowledge within a certain amount of time.

Whatever you do, vape, but vape safely, and welcome to ECF! The community here is fantastic and they will most definitely help you in anything you may need :)
    Ive been looking up so much things. Starting off with battery safety then ohms law then whatever next. Ive also been watching tons of videos too, i do agree with you about learning alot about mechs before getting into them. After reading alot of stuff ive decided to hold off on buying a mech for awhile till i think i could handle them. Thanks for the help :)

Cory Smith

Mar 29, 2016
    Hmmmm, so that's what's wrong with @suprtrkr .... using too many mechs lol ...... Nah Cory, you can't go wrong taking advice from @suprtrkr as he will steer you right. All the debate about mechs vs. regulated just boils down to personal preference is all. Although regulated mods tend to be safer to operate and require less knowledge than mechs. Be safe and have fun.
    Ill make sure to listen to all the advise @suprtrkr will give me thanks all you guys for the resposes means alot. If i hadnt joined here id probaably be buying a mech and maybe blowing it up.

Reactions: suprtrkr

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Ive been looking up so much things. Starting off with battery safety then ohms law then whatever next. Ive also been watching tons of videos too, i do agree with you about learning alot about mechs before getting into them. After reading alot of stuff ive decided to hold off on buying a mech for awhile till i think i could handle them. Thanks for the help :)

yeah because using a mech in the wrong hands is like sticking an M-80 in your mouth.... As long as a person learns a bit about basic electricity (ohm's and Kirchoff's laws) and about battery safety, then your chances of having something hazardous happening to your health is far slimmer.......... The problem arises when people get into mechs with a lack of knowledge and then they wonder why their device exploded in their face..... Mechs can be fairly safe to use provided that a person learns a few things b4 operating such a device.

Cory Smith

Mar 29, 2016
    yeah because using a mech in the wrong hands is like sticking an M-80 in your mouth.... As long as a person learns a bit about basic electricity (ohm's and Kirchoff's laws) and about battery safety, then your chances of having something hazardous happening to your health is far slimmer.......... The problem arises when people get into mechs with a lack of knowledge and then they wonder why their device exploded in their face..... Mechs can be fairly safe to use provided that a person learns a few things b4 operating such a device.
    I have a couple of friends that im sure dont know anything about handling a mech mod and i think im going to tell them to look stuff up

Reactions: AXIOM_1

chinacatsunflower-

Feb 23, 2016

Awesome! I'm incredibly happy you've decided to wait before buying a mech mod as I made that same choice quite early on when I was in the stages of reading basic vape terminology. They are the most dangerous things that a vaper can work with because there are so many variables to take into account. I'm also glad that you're avidly reading, best way to do it. Read read read! It can be tedious for some but I personally enjoy it :)

Why exactly do you not want your regulated mods anymore? Not enough power, options, no TC? I'm sure one of us could recommend a good regulated box mod that you could look into and decide if you'd like it. My personal set up is an RX200 w/ a Uwell Crown and I absolutely love it. Great battery life, fits perfectly in my hand, built really well, looks classy as all hell, is TC capable, and over all is a fantastic mod for the price ($42-$60). Do not use the TFV4 with it though, it can damage the 510 connection on it.

The only problems with the RX200 are that the voltmeter is terribly inaccurate and the onboard charging unevenly charges the battery which will result in unmarrying your batteries with constant use, it's also snail slow so an external charger is a must and a second set of batteries is optional.

You could also get into RBA's to have a bit more customization over your vape experience, while it is a touch advanced it's not too difficult from what I read and the only safety measure you have to take are buying an ohms reader to make sure you don't short circuit and damage your mod. Any guides will go over the required safety involved and it looks terribly fun and muuuuch cheaper than stock coils :)

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    I have a couple of friends that im sure dont know anything about handling a mech mod and i think im going to tell them to look stuff up

Yeah you are going about things the proper way by learning first. You will do fine and I am sure you will enjoy your mech experience. Have fun Brother :)

chinacatsunflower-

Feb 23, 2016

Oh dear, they're using mech mods and potentially don't have any knowledge? I would call them right away, and tell them to stop using them unless they have the proper knowledge. We don't want any more headlines of a mod exploding in a person's face, especially with the vape community under fire.

Cory Smith

Mar 29, 2016
    Oh dear, they're using mech mods and potentially don't have any knowledge? I would call them right away, and tell them to stop using them unless they have the proper knowledge. We don't want any more headlines of a mod exploding in a person's face, especially with the vape community under fire.
    Dont worry talked to my friends and they said theyve been looking stuff up for mech. I think theyll be all good

chinacatsunflower-

Feb 23, 2016
    Dont worry talked to my friends and they said theyve been looking stuff up for mech. I think theyll be all good

Hopefully they've been extensively looking up stuff and absorbing it all.. diving right into unregulated mods without any past experience with vaping is always sketchy. What happens when something messes up (which will happen eventually with prolonged use) and they don't know what to look for and think nothing is wrong, and then use the mod?

I've put most of my basic mech mod information aside because I chose to get knowledge of and experience with, batteries, ohm's law, DIY'ing coils / juice, and all on a regulated mod first. But what I do know is, there are many variables to consider when using a mech, lots of stuff to get your head around. Which is why they are for advanced users.

I don't know your friends personally... but if anyone's vaping on a mech mod around me and I get the feeling they don't know what they're doing... I'd make sure to be a good few arm lengths away from them ;P

Cory Smith

Mar 29, 2016
    Hopefully they've been extensively looking up stuff and absorbing it all.. diving right into unregulated mods without any past experience with vaping is always sketchy. What happens when something messes up (which will happen eventually with prolonged use) and they don't know what to look for and think nothing is wrong, and then use the mod?

I've put most of my basic mech mod information aside because I chose to get knowledge of and experience with, batteries, ohm's law, DIY'ing coils / juice, and all on a regulated mod first. But what I do know is, there are many variables to consider when using a mech, lots of stuff to get your head around. Which is why they are for advanced users.

I don't know your friends personally... but if anyone's vaping on a mech mod around me and I get the feeling they don't know what they're doing... I'd make sure to be a good few arm lengths away from them ;P
    Ill keep and eye out for them ill tell them a few things i know about mech mods so they are alittle bit saver when theyre using them

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread