New to vaping, need some help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knoxed

Nov 26, 2017
Hello, I’m pretty new to vaping, and brand new to this site. I picked up the ego aio as my first vape pen. Used it maybe 2-3 weeks it worked good until recently I bought some ejuice online, filled it up everything was good. Wanted to try another flavor I ordered so I cleaned everything out filled it up and primed the coil, let it sit etc etc. Well it wasn’t vaping correctly I was getting awful burning taste and barley any clouds it just wasn’t right. I thought it may be the coil so I switched it out tried a different juice I got from the same place and same thing.

So I stopped in my Vape shop I bought it from and they had good deals going on so I figured why not try something different, picked up the alien 220w yesterday. Learned how to use everything was great till again I filled it with ejuice I bought from that company and SAME thing, wasn’t vaping correctly, awful taste, and very hot. So I just swapped the coil and it’s working fine now just still have a slight taste from that other ejuice which is awful. I figure I have to clean it out and keep vaping and the taste will go away.

But my question is, did I get bad ejuice from the company I ordered from or is it user error since I’m pretty new, when I ordered I noticed VG/PG ratios I didn’t pay attention too cause I didn’t know what it meant. The ejuice I bought from the shop didn’t meantion VG/PG. could this be the issue? I bought these to quit smoking but I’m getting really annoyed and feel like just buying another pack of cigarettes since it’s simpler.

jfcooley

I find your lack of faith disturbing...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2017
Charlottesville, Virginia
Could be that the juice was bad, hard to say just on your info.

It's not always like that. Trust me, buying a pack may be simpler but it's not the best. You can get through this and you can quit.

I don't think it's user error since you described priming the coil. I'm assuming in the Alien you didn't change the wattage between juices. If you did and accidentally went up that could explain things.

I'll leave it to tank experts, but just don't buy smokes.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
It is certainly possible that your PG/VG ratio has changed significantly. Do you know what it is? In any case, it sounds like your new juice is not agreeing with you for whatever reason, I'd try another juice and also make sure you prime your coils correctly, but it really sounds like either the ratio isn't playing well in your tanks, or you have a juice that just doesn't agree with you.

Good luck, and keep trying, don't pick up analogs again, going through cig detox once is plenty.

Anna

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
I find that different juices vape better at different settings. It could be that the wattage that worked for your first juice is too high for the problem juice. Or the problem juice could just be a dud. Either way, I'd strongly encourage you to try a new juice and stick with the vaping rather than going back to the cigarettes.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
This is why i switched to building my own coils, got too annoyed with drop in coils that came dead or plainly shorted my mod (yes it happened but only once). Imo op's issue seemed to have been the coil, unfortunately that's just how smok is with their coils, their newer rba base i hear are better maybe try it if you have it ? At least that's what i'd do, but again imho not everyone has the patience to learn while quitting.

Reactions: stols001

Knoxed

Nov 26, 2017
Thanks everyone. As far as PG/VG I did not know what it meant when I ordered the juices online I didn’t even pay attention that their was a selection for it. The juices I bought from the Vape shop work fine but I just wanted to try some new flavours and now I’m scared too. I bought two 120ml bottles at the Vape shop so I’m just going to stick to using those, seems to be the only flavor I like anyway.

Augmxnted

Aug 28, 2017
sometimes when you switch juices when using the same coil youll get a bit of weird taste for a few hits. another major point i wanna make is that if you just now quit smoking cigarettes and switched to vaping, any flavor especially the darker ejuices that are a bit tart will taste burnt for a day or two before you can taste the actual flavor. give it time, be patient and keep vaping on. :)

• Agree

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hello, I’m pretty new to vaping, and brand new to this site. I picked up the ego aio as my first vape pen. Used it maybe 2-3 weeks it worked good until recently I bought some ejuice online, filled it up everything was good. Wanted to try another flavor I ordered so I cleaned everything out filled it up and primed the coil, let it sit etc etc. Well it wasn’t vaping correctly I was getting awful burning taste and barley any clouds it just wasn’t right. I thought it may be the coil so I switched it out tried a different juice I got from the same place and same thing.
So I stopped in my Vape shop I bought it from and they had good deals going on so I figured why not try something different, picked up the alien 220w yesterday. Learned how to use everything was great till again I filled it with ejuice I bought from that company and SAME thing, wasn’t vaping correctly, awful taste, and very hot. So I just swapped the coil and it’s working fine now just still have a slight taste from that other ejuice which is awful. I figure I have to clean it out and keep vaping and the taste will go away.
But my question is, did I get bad ejuice from the company I ordered from or is it user error since I’m pretty new, when I ordered I noticed VG/PG ratios I didn’t pay attention too cause I didn’t know what it meant. The ejuice I bought from the shop didn’t meantion VG/PG. could this be the issue? I bought these to quit smoking but I’m getting really annoyed and feel like just buying another pack of cigarettes since it’s simpler.
Welcome and glad you joined.
"Simpler" can kill you eventually. Seriously, the effort you put into learning vaping may save your life.
Might like to read:
http://www.vaporauthority.com/pages/learn
Vaping and Inhaling: Everything You Need To Know
https://spinfuel.com/new-vapers-start/
http://www.ecigarettedirect.co.uk/a...tte-college-guides-tutorials-information.html
http://guidetovaping.com/category/e-cig-beginner/
http://vapingcheap.com/vaping-101/
6 Quick & Useful Vaping Tips for Beginners
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...up-the-vaping-ladder-with-egos-and-mods.5058/
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...nk-or-what-a-guide-to-juice-attachments.3230/

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
Good to hear you've found the problem! It has always been my opinion that finding the right juice for you is imperative to one's success with vaping to quit the cigs. It's all part of the learning process. You have a good start with your 2 flavors from your shop, so might try a few of their other flavors. And ask them what the VG/PG ratio is for future reference. Whether buying from your shop or online, buy small bottles to start. Many a time I liked a flavor when tasting it, but once home and hitting it for a few hours, it lost it's appeal. And don't be afraid to try something that doesn't sound good. One of my favorites for the past year or better is one my shop had me try without telling me what it was....a grape/watermelon I never would have even tried. Enjoy the flavors you know you like as well as the enjoyment from finding something even better! BTW, a second or third tank work really well for trying new flavors as well as being able to quickly switch out flavors you like. Have fun!

Imo op's issue seemed to have been the coil, unfortunately that's just how smok is with their coils

The op's problem started before even having anything Smok! Give him/her a chance to at least try their new set-up before implying they made a poor choice.

• Agree

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'm glad you seem to have isolated your problem as well, and it may well be PG/VG ratio or simply the flavor, but having at least one juice you enjoy is a great start for quitting smoking. Since you don't know the PG/VG ratio you have, you might contact the manufacturer to find out? I'm surprised it isn't SOMEWHERE on the label, but you can always call or email and ask. I'd say if you have one good flavor going, order or buy new juices in tester quantities (and some B&M stores will let you test juices) so that if something isn't good for you, it's not a huge waste.

Good luck, and I hope things continue to go well,

Anna

Reactions: OlderNDirt
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread