New to the forum...But needing some DIY MOD Help..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gab Jornacion

Apr 11, 2013
Manila
Hey guys... I'm quite new to this forum...and has been vaping for 3 months already..
Uhm...Here in the Philippines Full Mechanical mods are very popular..

and I've seen DIY full mechanical mods made from SMINT Boxes..

Now I want to try and create one..but I can't seem to get how full mechanical mods work..
I mean, I can see their parts and how they interact...but how do they do it?

I know how to create the circuit using wires...but full mechanical mods don't have wires inside them..
they just have these pins and contact points that touch the battery and the connectors..

if anyone can please explain to me how full mechanical mods work I would really appreciate it :)

links to Tutorials would also be nice :D

Thanks in advance and happy vaping! :D

Gab Jornacion

Apr 11, 2013
Manila
@klynnn Thank you for the info :)

@nahoku thanks for the insight...but...how exactly do I connect a pin to the atty connector?
I have a Sigelei Chrome Telescopic mod...

This is what touches the positive side of the battery..I turned it upside down to see that small pin :)
image_1365249584133564.jpg

anyway under that is the atty connector:
image_1365249647814989.jpg

How exactly is the pin connected to a 510 connector? I'm assuming that the 510 connector has a positive and a negative poles too..

EDIT:

I seem to get how it's attached to the connector now...silly me.. :))
Anyway..thanks for the help :D

Last edited:

Big Mac

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2012
Citrus Heights, CA
when you can, post a few more times and head here:

Modding Forum

Its the modding forum and will explain a lot. If I remember correctly, there are a number of smint mods there with plans and complete explanations on how to do them. once you get a few items you'll need to build it, its actually quite easy and a whole lotta fun. Good luck.

Mac

nahoku

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2013
Honolulu, Hawaii

ibm390s

Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
Romania
Very simple.

Mod is figured with black. The button is screwed intro the mod tube so it makes contact with the tube. When you are pushing the button inside it will make contact with the central pin which is connected to the negative pole of the battery. The positive pole of the battery is pressed against the upper pin which is isolated from the rest of the body to avoid short circuit. Hope you will understand how it works.

Attachments

• mod.jpg
    mod.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

ibm390s

Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
Romania
A pure mechanical mod has his advantages but some disadvantages also. I'm suggesting you to use a kick for your setup. Two main advantages, one is related to constant wattage calculated automatically by the electronic contained in the kick itself based on the resistance of the coil, second battery protection, basically you won't be able to deplete the lithium battery since the kick has a built in cut-off protection. If you want to remove it, since is an add-on it will take just one minute.

Gab Jornacion

Apr 11, 2013
Manila
A pure mechanical mod has his advantages but some disadvantages also. I'm suggesting you to use a kick for your setup. Two main advantages, one is related to constant wattage calculated automatically by the electronic contained in the kick itself based on the resistance of the coil, second battery protection, basically you won't be able to deplete the lithium battery since the kick has a built in cut-off protection. If you want to remove it, since is an add-on it will take just one minute.

I'll try experimenting first with a pure mech mod...after that I'll try making a variable voltage one(that's what the kick is for right? or am I wrong? not really sure..newbie here.)

ibm390s

Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
Romania
At the end it's true that is a VV also since the only option to regulate the wattage is to modify the voltage. Coil resistance is constant and to obtain constant wattage the electronic should regulate the voltage, but on the kick you have only one multi turn switch which will allow you to set only the desired wattage. The rest is done internally by the electronic. Compared with provari for example which is giving you the possibility to control the voltage.

L.E There is an option (PWM) but i'm trying to keep the idea as simple as possible.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread