New to forum, been vaping for 2 1/2 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Incognito

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2009
Ames, IA
Hi everybody, my name is Mike and I'm 21 years old. I've been vaping since July 2nd and I love it! I've been lurking on this forum since I started e-smoking and decided to join so I can share some of my experiences and maybe help a few people out.

I smoked a pack a day for 3 1/2 years(I know, flame me if you want). I started in high school because all my friends were doing it and I always thought "I'll quit when I don't want to smoke anymore". After high school cigarettes became my stress-reliever, time-passer, and conversation-starter. No matter if I was sad, depressed, stressed, happy, or energetic I would always reach for a cigarette. Quitting because less of an immediate issue and more of something to think about in a few years. I'll stop trying to describe addiction at this point because I'm pretty sure everyone here has a VERY good idea of what it is. Anyway, even though I've never tried to quit(throwing away cigs, setting limits, not buying them, etc.), I was very sure I would not be able to do it.

Enter e-cigarettes. I first heard about e-cigarettes about two years ago when I saw a news article online. I thought "cool idea" and then filed it away in my mind. About four months ago my Mom(an ex-smoker) saw another news article about e-cigarettes. So she called me up and really re-sparked my interest in them. So I went online to do some research and the first website I came across was smoking everywhere. It looked legit but waaaaaay to expensive. Next website, bestecig. This company made me weary because of the low prices and kinda ugly website. Third website, was this one:) After about 30 minutes of cruising this forum I knew that I could switch to PVs and never go back to analogs.

I decided for my first PV purchase I would spend one month of my analog budget($150). I ordered a starter kit, 2 extra attys, 100mL (18mg) juice, 10 extra carts, and a passthrough. I ended up going with the M401 because of it's similarity to an analog cigarette. And I ALMOST got the 100mL in all Marlboro flavor(which would have been a huge mistake). At the last second I decided to go with the variety pack(MBRO, vanilla, coffee, mint, cherry). About a week after I ordered(from China) I smoked my last analog cigarette and opened my box(which I realized now didn't just contain PVs and juice, but freedom as well). I immediately put on a cartridge, plugged in the PT and about 3-4 drags later I had a nicotine buzz like I hadn't had since I started smoking :)

One very important thing I would like to say. For the first two weeks I vaped, I tried to exactly replicate the experience of smoking an analog. I used marlboro juice, had a mini PV with an auto-switch, and I would take 10-15 drags then put it away for half an hour. But I didn't really start to enjoy vaping until I stopped comparing it to smoking, and started enjoying it for what it was. I'm so glad that I've tried lots of flavors and different devices, otherwise I might not know how great vaping really is. As it stands now, I can't imagine not being able to pick from a selection of 15 flavors, or picking different devices for different situations.

Wow, sorry this is getting really long. I'll wrap it up.

My current favorite device is the 801. It's very finicky but when it is working properly it rocks. However I always end up using my 510/PCC the most because it never has any problems, thus making it a great "out-and-about" device. As soon as I get home though it's right back to my 801.

My girlfriend was a half pack a day smoker for 2 years. Luckily she really likes vaping and has completely switched over(a pink 510 was the deal-breaker lol).

My favorite flavors are banana, kiwi, and coffee all in 18-24mg strength. I've been keeping track of my juice intake and since I started I've been very consistent at 1.45-1.55 mL/day.

If there's anyone in the Ames/Des Moines area I'd love to meet up. Maybe even start a club or something. (I haven't seen ANYONE with a PV in my town yet).

If you made it this far thanks for reading :) I'm really looking forward to meeting all the very interesting people on the forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread