New to e-smoking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stephen

Dec 2, 2009
Germany
Hi there, I'm rather new to e-smoking and don't really know to much about it and all the necessary parts that are required. Although thought it looks like a great idea - I've stopped smoking normal cigs for about 10 days now and thought this would be a great way to keep up the smoking hobby without the high costs and health risks.
However I have a few questions that would be really great if someone could help me. Could anybody recommend a great e-cigarette to me (doesn't really matter which kind, but one which produces quite a lot of good vapour would be nice), and also preferably one in which I can buy as a starter pack, which is not too expensive (as I am a student). And finally, for the cartridges that come with it, should I buy some e-liquid?
I am a UK resident but currently studying in Germany, and would be looking to purchase from an english company who could ship to Germany (they don't seem to popular over here, and seem quite expensive).

Finally, is there anywhere where I can get a disposable electronic cigarette from? Maybe it would be a good idea for me to try it before I buy my own kit to see if I like it. Also what does the vapour actually smell like?

Thank you very much for everyone's help and time for reading this. I hope I have posted it in the right place.
Look forward to hearing some positive responses.
Regards,
Stephen

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Hi there, I'm rather new to e-smoking and don't really know to much about it and all the necessary parts that are required. Although thought it looks like a great idea - I've stopped smoking normal cigs for about 10 days now and thought this would be a great way to keep up the smoking hobby without the high costs and health risks.
However I have a few questions that would be really great if someone could help me. Could anybody recommend a great e-cigarette to me (doesn't really matter which kind, but one which produces quite a lot of good vapour would be nice), and also preferably one in which I can buy as a starter pack, which is not too expensive (as I am a student). And finally, for the cartridges that come with it, should I buy some e-liquid?
I am a UK resident but currently studying in Germany, and would be looking to purchase from an english company who could ship to Germany (they don't seem to popular over here, and seem quite expensive).

Finally, is there anywhere where I can get a disposable electronic cigarette from? Maybe it would be a good idea for me to try it before I buy my own kit to see if I like it. Also what does the vapour actually smell like?

Thank you very much for everyone's help and time for reading this. I hope I have posted it in the right place.
Look forward to hearing some positive responses.
Regards,
Stephen

For good vapor production, I'd go with a mini size - 510, 901 and possibly the KR808D1 with cartomizers. Although the cartomizers will cost you more - there are ways to refill cartomizers but that's another thread.

I'd also suggest getting a manual battery - both the 510 and the 901 have manual models. There have been recent reports of problems with the 901 button coming off or getting stuck. You might want to hold off until that gets fixed. The 510 is popular and there's a reason for that - it produces good vapor and there's little or no problem with the manual operation. It can be bought for between $33 - 58 for the starter kit depending on where you get it and what the shipping is. The higher priced kits usually have better warranties. You get 2 full ecigs - 2 batts, 2 attys, charger and cartridges. Most 901 kits you get the same but only 1 atomizer. And you should always get juice with your first purchase as you can go through the cartridges fairly quickly at first.

Three companies that I'm aware of in the UK are Intellicig, Totally Wicked and iVapour which is Janty. I'm sure there's probably more, and many in Germany buy from China - Eastmall, heaven gifts, health cabin to name three popular vendors.

frogbmth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2009
Dorset, UK
www.jantyclub.com
I'm not entirely comfortable recommending either a model or a supplier. While I have personal opinions and would recommend suppliers on the rest of the board, I kinda feel it would be abuse of the role here in the experts section and unfair to suppliers and models I have no experience with, or bad experience of. Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread