New to DIY

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicnut

Verified Member
Feb 1, 2013
Moreno Valley CA
I get all of my PG and VG from my pharmacy, Rite Aid and Walgreens carry it. You will have to ask the pharmacy counter for PG as it is not typically on the shelf. You can get a 16 oz bottle of PG for about $18 and a 6 oz bottle of VG for about $6, they are all marked as USP.

Also if they ask what you are buying the PG for tell them it is to thin a very thick hand lotion.

Last edited:

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
What do you like better about the P&G VG, and what's a good source for it? Is the brand listed on some seller's sites?

I like the viscosity and the "feel". It mixes easier and doesn't ever have a film-like feeling, it is just really neutral. I had someone send me a couple gallons and I have over a gallon of other VG I'm still going through, so I haven't had the need to go searching for who sells it as of yet. The only drawback was the gallons I received were in buckets and I had to transfer them to bottles, and I didn't label to bottles as Proctor & Gamble, just VG, but I can tell if it is just by looking at it.

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
I wouldn't touch essential depot with a 100 foot Ugly stick :D

Getting the wrong PG is very hazardous health-wise. Read here:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/277267-purity-pg-vg-peg-short-version.html

Go to Wizard or anywhere that specifies USP.

Essential Depot mashes it all together in their description "USP food grade kosher"

That's like saying that the color of something is "Red Yellow Black"

Quoting Rolygate:

"Even Food Grade should not be inhaled, because the digestive system can handle the contaminants in it that the lungs may not be able to. An example of this kind of difference is the flavoring chemical diacetyl, which has a very strong butter popcorn aroma. It is safe for ingestion (eating) as the digestive system can neutralize it; but it can be fatal when inhaled over a period of time as it causes a degenerative lung disease called 'popcorn lung', Bronchiolitis Obliterans."

Stay far away from Essential Depot. They are dishonest. I have had BAD experiences from them.

Notice the big "U.S. Postal Service" logo on the top of their page.

Yeah, they only ship UPS.
My shipment of one quart each of VG and PG was sent very quickly, via the USPS, from Essential Depot. Total cost was $26. Free shipping.

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
What do you like better about the P&G VG, and what's a good source for it? Is the brand listed on some seller's sites?
You meant PG & VG, right?
VG is thicker than PG. Significantly thicker. PG in too high a proportion sometimes causes leakage in equipment that's susceptible to leakage from thin liquid. VG in too high a proportion can be too thick for some equipment to handle.
PG produces more throat hit, VG produces more vapor.
Some people have a sensitivity to PG.
Most eliquid used varies from 80/20 to 20/80 VG to PG, often depending on user preference. Some use 100% VG, but not many. Even fewer use 100% PG.

Whichever of the two bases you choose for your nicotine liquid, you can adjust the proportions of your finished eliquid by adding some of the other. Choosing 50/50 as the base for your nicotine liquid allows a lot of flexibility in final proportions but doesn't allow you, obviously, to make eliquid that is 100% VG or 100% PG.

Last edited:

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
Lol! Proctor and Gamble VG and P&G VG are the same thing...right? Where can I buy?
That wasn't my misunderstanding. My misunderstanding was that I had assumed a case a keyboard dyslexia, and that Dave had meant to type PG instead of P&G. Please humor me.

Call the dyslexia emergency number! 119!

Another Dave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread